A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
News 05/06/14: Craftster has gone mobile!  Read the big news here!
Total Members: 296,380
Currently Running With Scissors:
491 Guests and 9 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 31
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Magic Yarn Ball Round 2  (Read 30556 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

jese

"language is a virus from outer space" - wsbIII

View Profile WWW
« Reply #160 on: December 09, 2006 07:33:21 AM »

I finally received my package from Rachpie22!  I got it on my way to work, and was unable to restrain myself from opening it before I could take pictures of the box.  The packaging it arrived in was full of what my boyfriend called "some secret knitting code"  ^.^

So here is the ball, as it arrived in my happy little paws.  I love the colors!  And the pattern, a felted cabled clutch.  I've never cabled or felted before, and I've been dying to try!  It's absolutely perfect.
It also, mercifuly contained a few outside goodies, or goodies on the edge that I fished out while I was at work (I had 8 hours to stare at this thing!)

There's some lovely grey yarn, cabling needles for the pattern, lipgloss, measuring tape (how did you know I just lost mine?!) chocolate, a teeny little magic 8 ball, a frog pen, and super yummy smelling lavender soap!

So I started frantically knitting away last night.  And here is my progress at night's end.  The yarn ball remains mysterious and has not given me ANY more presents =(  I do see a Hello Kitty head peeking out though!

I also got a little impatient and managed to pull this Hello Kitty bag out of said yarn ball, (immediatley after the last picture) and it is a perfect yarn ball traveling bag!

Initially, I was planning on unraveling my yarn ball the minute I got it, but I was so excited about the pattern I decided to try.  Anybody else been good?
THIS ROCKS   Logged
ambraqi
Me and Einstein chillin'.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #161 on: December 09, 2006 07:34:03 AM »

I hope I get my package before Tuesday!!! I'm going home for the Holiday break!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

*My Wists*

*Ravelry*

I <3 Personal Swaps!!!!
gerbilocity
i knit therefore I am

View Profile WWW
« Reply #162 on: December 09, 2006 08:08:43 AM »

The hello kitty bag is fabulous!  So cute!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

thetiniestspark
« Reply #163 on: December 09, 2006 08:28:35 AM »

I received my yarn ball from missamorphosis a few days ago! Smiley  I really am going to wait until I crochet the scarf to unwrap the presents.  I love surprises!!

But, already poking out of the magic ball I can see the size crochet hook I need for the scarf, two gorgeous bobby pins, and a For Every Home candle ,my favorite!

I am soooo excited to start the scarf!! (One more scarf to finish for Christmas, and then I can start it!)

THIS ROCKS   Logged
Madeleine09
« Reply #164 on: December 09, 2006 12:12:13 PM »

USPS says that princess has recieved!!!

THIS ROCKS   Logged

penguino
« Reply #165 on: December 09, 2006 12:35:04 PM »

I hope I get my package before Tuesday!!! I'm going home for the Holiday break!!!

I hope so too.  I mailed it two weeks ago.  I just don't understand USPS.  I mailed two packages at the same time.  One arrive the same week, and the other one is Huh
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Dulcinea
If you haven't grown up by the time you're 30, you don't have to!

faciō, ergo sum

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #166 on: December 09, 2006 12:58:00 PM »

It all depends on where you sent them to - Canada takes an unreasonably long time - I've sent to Australia, that took a week, Ireland took 4 days, The Netherlands took 3 days........... Canada took 2-1/2 weeks.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Veni, Vidi, Velcro
I came, I saw, I stuck around

Taking a break from swaps to get some stuff under control.  Email if you need me.

Wists | Blog | Ravelry
fyberduck
the quacking fiber addict

I reject your reality and substitute my own

View Profile WWW
« Reply #167 on: December 09, 2006 02:09:52 PM »

It all depends on where you sent them to - Canada takes an unreasonably long time - I've sent to Australia, that took a week, Ireland took 4 days, The Netherlands took 3 days........... Canada took 2-1/2 weeks.

I think it has to do with how mischievous Hermes is feeling - I've had a package arrive in Canada in just 2 days. 

Close up of the cool fringe thingies on the scarf. It'll be so fun to wear to school!

Thanks so much for all the beautiful presents fyberduck! I may snuggle and pet the yarn for awhile before I can knit with it. Wink You were an awesome partner!!!! Kiss Kiss Kiss Kiss Kiss Kiss

You're welcome!  (And, I thank you again) I'm so glad the "green theme" worked out Grin (It also helped that you have a very cool wist Wink)  I have to tell you that knitting that scarf started a fad in my knitting group!  A friend even asked for one for Christmas.

really, truly, yummy. Cheesy

thanks!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

the qfa:
unequivocally proving that knitting is not an intelligence test

Got a tape measurer?
princess*of*capri
« Reply #168 on: December 09, 2006 05:33:02 PM »

Yea!!! I got mine today! My mom called me on my way to work to say it arrived. So I had to survive the whole work day knowing I had goodies waiting on me at home. Luckily my 30 min drive only took 20 min tonight. So far I  only have a pic of the ball wrapped. I was lucky to get that because my camera's battery was dead. So I will share the wrapped ball pic now and then the goodies pic later!!!

THIS ROCKS   Logged

I joined the Wists bandwagon!!! http://www.wists.com/princess_of_capri
sharre
life ain't always beautiful but its a beautiful ride

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #169 on: December 10, 2006 01:38:10 AM »

wow, look at all the shinies! and all the yummy yarn! I'd love to know the brands on some of the yarn's that people are recieving they look so good!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My blog and I are getting reacquainted

Desperate desire for 4 skeins of Knitpicks Bare Merino Wool/Silk Fingering Weight and Knitscene Fall 2007. Willing to oblige? PM me to work out a deal
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 31 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Tim Gunn On The Black Leather Jacket
Tim Gunn: Three Fashion Faux Pas
Lauren Conrad Shows How to Brighten Up Your Fall Wardrobe with Yellow
Your Guide to the Best Halloween Costumes for 2012
Flattering Plus-Size Styles, from Tim Gunn
Latest Blog Articles
July 8, 2014 Featured Projects
How to Make Summer Treats
July is National Blueberry Month

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...