A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you have an idea for improving the Craftster swap process?  Suggest and discuss it here on the Talk About The Swap Process board.
Total Members: 297,158
Currently Running With Scissors:
594 Guests and 15 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 31
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Magic Yarn Ball Round 2  (Read 31978 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

sharre
life ain't always beautiful but its a beautiful ride

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #110 on: December 06, 2006 09:11:58 PM »

Wow! How fantastic are everyone's yarn balls!
that sounds vaguely dirty
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My blog and I are getting reacquainted

Desperate desire for 4 skeins of Knitpicks Bare Merino Wool/Silk Fingering Weight and Knitscene Fall 2007. Willing to oblige? PM me to work out a deal
dexterchickk
« Reply #111 on: December 07, 2006 07:32:42 AM »

You guys rock!  I feel kinda lame now, I hope mine's not anti-climactic, I was trying to think of tiny things to put inside to hid them real well. Now I have a bajillion other ideas that I should have done to spiff it out.   Embarrassed  Hope there's another round and I can go nuts!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
eenodol
« Reply #112 on: December 07, 2006 07:57:39 AM »

Alright!  I was a crocheting fool last night!  I finished the head and part of a boot!  WHeehoo!

But, more importantly, here's everything I've uncovered so far.  Well, there was also a sesame honey candy, but I gobbled that right up as it's my favorite.  Yar!  Here be me booty:

Thar be a doggy santa hat, a package of chicklets, a mini ecco bella chocolate bar (Hmm.. since I already took the picture...  delicious!   Cheesy), a bloomin' flower card (very neat!  I've never seen these before), a very pretty knitted headband that I'm wearing right now(the color is much more vibrant than in the picture), and awesome hamburger and french fry earrings (also being worn right now)!  I love everything!  I assume the earrings are inspired by my love of Jughead and not my horrible fast food eating ways  Wink

Oh!  I almost forgot!  My attempted action shot:

Thank you so much Miss Violaceous!  I'm having so much fun uncovering everything very very slowly  Grin  I can only hope that you like your yarnball half as much as I dig mine  Grin  Well, back to crochetin'!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

my etsy - home of the cat hat!  also dog hats, amigurumis, crochet patterns, hippie clothes, all kinds of good stuff!  check it out Smiley

My new blog.  Crochet, recipes, whatever.
Miss Violaceous

Condones Flashing

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #113 on: December 07, 2006 08:08:42 AM »

Yay! The sesame candy was just a lucky guess. There are a few more of those in there, too. The eco bella bar is a "health by chocolate" mini, little supplement chocolate thingies. The headband is knitted lace out of a 100% bamboo yarn, the rest of a skein I used to make a Molly's Headband for myself. That pattern isn't Molly's Headband, though, it's a hybrid of the Molly's Headband structure with the Lily of the Valley lace pattern from Knitty's Perdita.

Closeup:

This is the one I did for myself out of the same yarn, which shows the colors of the yarn better:

For those who haven't encountered them before, the flower card is something I picked up at the local organic foods store. It has flower seeds embedded in handmade paper, and after you receive and read the card you plant it in some potting soil and it grows wildflowers.

The mini chiclets are because you said you like things that are bright that make you feel like a kid. They are a guilty pleasure of mine. Wink

And yes, the earrings are because of your love of jughead. how great would they be with a jughead tshirt?
« Last Edit: December 07, 2006 08:11:02 AM by Miss Violaceous » THIS ROCKS   Logged

eenodol
« Reply #114 on: December 07, 2006 08:40:27 AM »

The mini chiclets are because you said you like things that are bright that make you feel like a kid. They are a guilty pleasure of mine. Wink

You know, as a child I ate those things all the time, but I don't think I've had them since I was about eight.  So you have succeeded! Cheesy I just took a closer look at the back of the package and they claim that there are approximately 150 tiny chiclets in there.. woah! They must be tinier then I even remember  Grin

And yes, the earrings are because of your love of jughead. how great would they be with a jughead tshirt?

no words  Shocked  I hope you're not just teasing me! 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

my etsy - home of the cat hat!  also dog hats, amigurumis, crochet patterns, hippie clothes, all kinds of good stuff!  check it out Smiley

My new blog.  Crochet, recipes, whatever.
SlickMariaVic
« Reply #115 on: December 07, 2006 08:44:23 AM »

Love the headband and people/puppy action shot. I checked the status of my package with my tracking number and it actually got shipped farther away before it even got sent my direction. Im in Washington and its in Massachusetts.  I want it now!!! Oh and of course I want my partner to receive too Tongue
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"That which is creative must create itself -" Keats

Pinterest
http://pinterest.com/slickmariavic/
Miss Violaceous

Condones Flashing

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #116 on: December 07, 2006 08:49:13 AM »

You know, as a child I ate those things all the time, but I don't think I've had them since I was about eight.  So you have succeeded! Cheesy I just took a closer look at the back of the package and they claim that there are approximately 150 tiny chiclets in there.. woah! They must be tinier then I even remember  Grin

no words  Shocked  I hope you're not just teasing me! 

Hah, I didn't mean to imply that. I just figured you own jughead shirts. Sorry. Sad

But there is certainly something else big and cool and non-archie-comic related in the center of the ball for you to look forward to...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Dulcinea
If you haven't grown up by the time you're 30, you don't have to!

faciō, ergo sum

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #117 on: December 07, 2006 08:54:24 AM »

<sigh>

I wish mail from the UK to Wisconsin was quicker~!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Veni, Vidi, Velcro
I came, I saw, I stuck around

Taking a break from swaps to get some stuff under control.  Email if you need me.

Wists | Blog | Ravelry
kgo6050
« Reply #118 on: December 07, 2006 09:16:04 AM »

It's here, it's here, it's here, well it's in my building and I'm at work but the concierge just called me to let me know that's it has arrived whooo hooo I can't wait to get home and unwrap the yarny goodness. I really hope slickmariavic gets hers soon, I feel guilty now that I shipped regular and not priority...postman said it would only take 1 additional day and it wasn't worth the extra $$ to ship priority booo I'm going to put the disgruntle in disgruntled postal worker next time I see him grrr. Don't worry Slickmariavic It's worth the wait I promise! Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Personal Swap Friendly- Yarn, Fabric, Crafted items, just ask!
http://www.wists.com/kgo6050
SlickMariaVic
« Reply #119 on: December 07, 2006 09:20:50 AM »

LOL its all good, if it would have only made a days difference then I wouldnt have paid for it either.  My postman conned me into it 3-5 vs a week or more so it was definately worth the extra 2 bucks for me. Horay I can't wait for you to open it!  Grin Grin Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"That which is creative must create itself -" Keats

Pinterest
http://pinterest.com/slickmariavic/
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 31 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Thai Foodcast: Coconut Milk
How to Make Seared Ahi Tuna
How to make Korean Bulgogi and Rice Marinated Beef
How to Make Sushi Dipping Sauce
How to Make Sushi Rolls
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: DIY Drum Light
Tute Tuesday: Fleece Puppy Bed
Matchbox Mania!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...