A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Monday, May 23 News:  It's time to vote!  Which Craftster member rocked dollar store crafting?  Cast your vote here!
Total Members: 305,650
Currently Running With Scissors:
344 Guests and 1 User
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 31
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Magic Yarn Ball Round 2  (Read 43804 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Miss Violaceous

Condones Flashing

View Profile available for personal swaps
« on: November 21, 2006 06:19:32 PM »

Post your pics here! All rolled up and/or with all of your goodies showing!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Yarn or Fabric

CraftyDeb ... reincarnated and renamed

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2006 01:04:05 PM »

Let me be the first to upload a picture here!  I got a package today - so here goes!

I got a box... here it is...

And yes - it is still closed!  I want to finish my ball before I open it up and see what is in mine -

yes.  I am evil... and I am taking you all with me to the land of evil/insanity...

THIS ROCKS   Logged

I am collecting quilts, afghans & blankets for those that lost their homes.  Pm me!
CraftyDeb website
CraftyDeb Designs etsy
tons of sewing & quilting tutorial links[/url
thetiniestspark
« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2006 01:09:24 PM »

That was an evil trick! Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Miss Violaceous

Condones Flashing

« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2006 01:15:30 PM »

No kidding! She PM'ed me telling me she was going to wait, and when I saw this thread pop up I thought "ah hah, she caved!"
THIS ROCKS   Logged

kgo6050
« Reply #4 on: November 27, 2006 01:21:09 PM »

Open it open it!! I can't stand the suspense. Your swap partner is really on the ball (pun intended).
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Personal Swap Friendly- Yarn, Fabric, Crafted items, just ask!
http://www.wists.com/kgo6050
Yarn or Fabric

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: November 27, 2006 02:08:46 PM »

I am holding my head in shame.  I am weak.  weak weak weak.
It took me less than an hour and a half to cave, rip that box open and ooh and aaah!

I guess I should start off with my partner is stellato_escuro!  I didn't mention that before and I totally suck for that.

My partner sent me some great knitcrosheen to make some xmas ornaments with - in 2 colors - I think everyone I know is getting snowflakes and bells this year!

And for the pattern?  A magazine that I have picked up and couldn't justify I can't tell you how many times - creepy, isn't it?  I wanted it but was like, I really shouldn't... and well, now I have it!  There are several projects in there I want to make - and the snowflake pattern inside it is really sweet!  I think I will have to make some up before I send out my box - which is nearing completion by the way - I just have one more trip out to the stores tonight and a day of crafting tomorrow and my package will be on its way... can't quite find the right thing so off I go tonight.  Okay, I admit it - I am really wanting to go to Sonic and leave the boys all at home together..

Okay. let me do a little recap here... 2 balls of yarn - white on the inside metallic coolness on the inside...

a magazine I have been aching to get but couldn't justify...

a gummy kit for my boys!  How cool is that? Perfect for a rainy day which I think we are scheduled to have either Wednesday or Thursday so I will be posting up more pics then of that!

Okay.. and two cookie cutters - somehow she knew I only like the cutters that are hollow inside - just basic shapes for me - all those little details always get stuck to the dough so I only use the metal ones like  stellato-escuro sent me..

Okay.. now there is a ceramic bowl that is really wild.  I suspect it's going to be wisted! Stellato - are you in ceramics class?  Very nice.
The first thing I noticed besides the awesome paintjob - was that the bottom feet look like a face.. check out the flipside!

So I have officially caved...let's see how long it takes me to cave and totally unwrap the rest!

oh and that is a really awesome smelling round of soap too!  I love girly soaps!  We have 2 soap dishes in the shower - one for him and one for me, but I think this one is going to be a hand washing one.  It smells sooo nice!
Okay. the boys want to go ride bikes. I have put them off for a long time  with all my opening and posting up pics... it was worth it though.  I was going nuts - I felt like that Ren & Stimpy cartoon with the big red button...
« Last Edit: November 27, 2006 02:11:43 PM by craftydeb » THIS ROCKS   Logged

I am collecting quilts, afghans & blankets for those that lost their homes.  Pm me!
CraftyDeb website
CraftyDeb Designs etsy
Miss Violaceous

Condones Flashing

« Reply #6 on: November 27, 2006 02:28:25 PM »

Oh my... alll that on the OUTSIDE of the ball?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Yarn or Fabric

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: November 27, 2006 02:35:29 PM »

yeah, how bout it?  That was all on the outside - okay, the soap was technically in the ball but it worked itself out.. the rest of the things in there she has wrapped up so that you can't tell what it is!  I tried to figure out what things were and couldn't.  If she wraps a ball of yarn this good could you imagine how great she must wrap up presents?  I am so tickled to get this - I checked in with hubby.  He is coming home a little early so I can get out of here and finish up my shopping.. I can't wait to get to one particular store.. There is something there that I am kicking myself for not picking up when I was there last so I am going to have to go get it.  I can't stop thinking of putting it in my ball!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

CraftyDeb website
CraftyDeb Designs etsy
gerbilocity
i knit therefore I am

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: November 27, 2006 02:53:11 PM »

Oh the excitement, you lasted longer than I would have!  Looks awesome so far!  Grin  I can't wait to see the rest!

Ok, I need to get my butt in gear......must finish crafting/shopping!

THIS ROCKS   Logged

librarylass
« Reply #9 on: November 27, 2006 03:06:04 PM »

you definitely lasted longer than I did.. a miracle in itself!! but wow! that stuff on the outside? I can't wait to see what's in the ball itself!

THIS ROCKS   Logged

I have a wist!
http://wists.com/Bookybabe
So I up and decided to do the whole blog thing...
http://ballysaxter.blogspot.com

I do personal swaps!
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 31 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

How-To Videos
How to Make a Tissue-Box Cover
How to Make a Towel Cake
How to Make a Toga
How to Make an Elf Costume
How to Make a Paper Balloon Water Bomb
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Painted Background
Easy Summer Salads
Meatless Monday: Gluten Free Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...