A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: When you post a project, remember that you can always click the Modify button to edit the post and add additional information.
Total Members: 301,539
Currently Running With Scissors:
571 Guests and 20 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Has anyone else had their knitting murdered?  (Read 3908 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Saor
Crafting for more years than I care to remember!

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #30 on: November 22, 2006 05:25:18 AM »

Get rid of the wool. Donate it(even if it in bits someone will want it) or scatter it for the birds(What a neat idea).  Every time you look at it you'll be reminded of this creep.

And mind yourself - he sounds dangerous and vengeful. Can you move?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

IamSusie
« Reply #31 on: November 22, 2006 08:30:35 AM »

I'd scatter the yarn in the back yard for birds to nest.

That's sweet.  I like that idea best.  Since he's a neighbor he'd maybe get a cute alpaca nest at his place too, but he might never even know.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

peppersaskatoon
« Reply #32 on: November 22, 2006 10:14:42 AM »

He's supposed to be moving in a month, and until then I'm planning to essentially live in the library and keep my doors locked.

The idea of giving it to the birds is making me very happy.  I don't think I would have come up with that on my own.  You people are the best.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
craftADDchick
Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #33 on: November 22, 2006 10:54:16 AM »

Another edit: Unless anyone knows why I shouldn't, I think I'll cut all the yarn into short lengths and scatter it outside for nesting birds...

First of all, I can't believe that someone would do such an AWFUL thing! That's just jaw-droppingly HORRID!!

But, if you do want to put the yarn out for birds, you may want to consider putting the bits in a net bag (like the kind that onions come in). If you scatter them on the ground, you could put some birds in mortal peril from neighbors' cats! And, find out when nesting season begins so you know when it will be the best time to put them out (on the ground or otherwise!).

And, you'll be happy knowing that you made many birds a little bit warmer in their nests!

And maybe they will, in return, poop on the evil person who shredded your work in the first place...  Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

The choices you make today determine the choices you will have tomorrow.

51/50: 50+ Crochet Wash Cloth Along- Finally!!! Now for the + part Smiley
Biggsyboop
« Reply #34 on: November 22, 2006 11:22:41 AM »

What a horrible thing for someone to do, especially after all the work you put into it!!  He does sound a little bit scary and unpredicatable but thank God he is moving in a month!  Definately do what you can to avoid him.  I support putting the yarn out for the birds.  It's such a great idea!  Big *hug* for you and be safe!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

To live would be an awfully big adventure...
peppersaskatoon
« Reply #35 on: November 22, 2006 11:29:11 AM »

Putting it in a net bag is a wonderful idea, craftADDchick.  It also seems like that could make it more fun to watch them collect it.  I figure the end of February might be the best time to put it out.  Then, hopefully, I can stop shuddering over the whole thing, and imagine tiny baby birds snuggling up against it instead...
THIS ROCKS   Logged
knittinfiasco
A child of God

YHWH is my Daddy!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #36 on: November 22, 2006 11:38:32 AM »

The suggestion to hang a netted bag made me imagine other critters (squirrels, etc.) climbing into the bag--a bulging, squirming mess!  LOL.  Make sure you close off the top somehow!  It wouldn't be funny if something got tangled inside. :/
THIS ROCKS   Logged

peppersaskatoon
« Reply #37 on: November 22, 2006 12:08:45 PM »

Oh, of course...don't worry knittinfiasco!

I'm pretty excited about this idea.  The Audubon Society even recommends it (about halfway down this page, at the end of the "Nesting: Supplemental sources" paragraph) and there's a picture of a yarny nest here.
« Last Edit: November 22, 2006 12:10:33 PM by peppersaskatoon » THIS ROCKS   Logged
JennJenn

I have my hands full...

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #38 on: November 22, 2006 02:42:44 PM »

Those links are great!  I am glad you found something to be excited about out of this whole mess.  That was a lovely hat.  It sucks that things turned out so badly.  Take care of yourself.

I am going to start keeping my yarn scraps in a bag I can hang out this Spring.  That nest looked so cool!  I hate throwing anything away, so even those little bits that get trimmed after weaving in ends bug me.  Now they'll make a little bird warm and cheery.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

...Of knitting, sewing, crochet, and so much more!
craftykate
« Reply #39 on: November 22, 2006 04:11:19 PM »

I am so sorry to hear about your beautiful hat and super creepy neighbor. Stay safe. I had never thought about the bird's nests before. What a cool idea. I'll have to do that with my scraps.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://craftykate.etsy.com

Yep, it's a knit blog
http://craftykate-knits.blogspot.com/

wanna trade? I heart personal swaps.
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Create a Hair Side Braid with Ribbon
Tinkerbell Fairy Hair and Makeup Tutorial
Learn About Toxic Beauty Ingredient Sodium Laureth Sulfate
Learn About Toxic Beauty Ingredient Paraben
Sexy Vampire Hair and Makeup Tutorial
Latest Blog Articles
Meatless Monday: Falafel without Frying
@Home This Weekend: Decorative Bulletin Board
Rain, rain, you don't have to go away...

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...