A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: You can now organize your bookmarks into folders!  Read more here.
Total Members: 304,885
Currently Running With Scissors:
422 Guests and 5 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 [2]  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Funky craft fairs and Flea markets  (Read 3954 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

kitschykoo
« Reply #10 on: August 23, 2004 10:41:42 AM »

Thanks for the info! I just signed up for the open air market and am waiting for an update on the PRFM!

For anyone interested in shows in  little rhody check out www.craftlandshow.com. to download an application. It is a consignment craft show that runs for 5 weeks in Nov. and December. You send/drop off you stuff , Craftland displays and sells it for you. Consignment arrangement is 60% of retail price goes to artist, 30% goes to cost of running show, and 10% goes to New Urban Arts, a non-profit providing studio space and mentoring for Providence Public High School Teens.  It is a great way to sell your stuff and support a great cause.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

www.gimmickjewelry.com
because the world is not black and white....it's rainbow
kitschykoo
« Reply #11 on: August 31, 2004 09:20:18 PM »

So I did the www.southendopenmarket.com this past Sunday. it is a super well organized ad high quality event! The market occurs every Sunday from 10-4 at 540 Harrsion Ave in Boston, Ma. There were about 40 vendors which included funky handmade items by other craftster ladies, a farmer's market, vintage retro flea market items, local restaurants, and home baked doggie treats. It was super hot this past Sunday and I was told that traffic was not as busy as usual. I talked to many of the other regular vendors who have participated in the market 6+ times. They said that they sell enough each Sunday to make it worth coming back weekend after weekend.    A 10x10 space is only $50.00.  I did not ask about booth sharing, but the organizers may be open to it as they are super friendly and want to provide a marketplace for crafty folk.  There is still space available for the markets that are running through the end of October. The young guy who started the market  is super nice and professional. He wants more artsy crafty folk to participate. The weekend of the 18th and 19th the market is open both Sat and Sun as it is the south end open studios www.useaboston.com. Thousands of people are expected to descend to that area and the open air market is smack dab in the middle. My sales were great and I really enjoyed meeting all of the other vendors and the organizers of the event!  There are not many opportunities for crafty folk to bring their items to a hip and happy marketplace, but this is definitely one of them so  spread the word!

THIS ROCKS   Logged

www.gimmickjewelry.com
because the world is not black and white....it's rainbow
actiongeek
custom title goes here

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: September 21, 2004 10:23:24 AM »

I know I'm posting this same letter allover the place like crazy, but I'm just trying to get the word out and trying to make ANT! (Arts'n'Things) even bigger and better than our first two events...

ANT! (Arts'n'Things) is throwing its third event of 2004 at the Worcester Artist Group in beautiful Worcester, MA on Sunday, October 10 from Noon to 5pm.

ANT! is basically a big gathering of all kinds of creative types, showing and selling their creations in the spacious and oh-so-factory/galler-like confines of the WAG. Admission is FREE to the general public. Artists pay a measly $10 for a space at ANT!, provide their own tables, set-up, what-have-you and we've had great turn-outs for the first two ANT!(s)...

WE STILL HAVE ROOM if you want to participate.

PLEASE contact me at doug@dsquared.org and let me know you want IN on ANT!

Check out the ANT! website: http://www.dsquared.org/ant.html
THIS ROCKS   Logged

MarketManager
« Reply #13 on: September 23, 2004 06:09:54 AM »

The South End Open Market is a great place to set-up every Sunday in Boston through November 28.
Here is the link to the web-site

http://southendopenmarket.com

THIS ROCKS   Logged
alison
« Reply #14 on: October 01, 2004 07:43:04 AM »

ANT! (Arts'n'Things) is throwing its third event of 2004 at the Worcester Artist Group in beautiful Worcester, MA on Sunday, October 10 from Noon to 5pm.

ANT! is basically a big gathering of all kinds of creative types, showing and selling their creations in the spacious and oh-so-factory/galler-like confines of the WAG. Admission is FREE to the general public. Artists pay a measly $10 for a space at ANT!, provide their own tables, set-up, what-have-you and we've had great turn-outs for the first two ANT!(s)...

Anyone else doing this or going to shop?  I signed up, because seriously $10? I only have to sell one thing and I make my money back...I'm nervous though because it's my first show where I am actually paying for space!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
quarkiegirl

Keep it loose, keep it tight.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: October 01, 2004 04:43:36 PM »

Is the ANT show public transportation accessible at all? I'd like to go just to see/buy stuff, but alas, I have no car.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
alison
« Reply #16 on: October 05, 2004 09:07:04 AM »

Is the ANT show public transportation accessible at all? I'd like to go just to see/buy stuff, but alas, I have no car.

well, you'd have to take a commuter rail train to worcester, then its still a couple of miles away.  there might be buses, but i'm not familiar with worcester public transportation.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 [2]  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Crochet a Peppermint Twist Baby Hat Part 10/15
How to Crochet a Lazy Wave Chevron Part 2/5
How to Crochet a Lazy Wave Chevron Part 3/5
How to Crochet a Lazy Wave Chevron Part 4/5
How to Crochet a Jumbo Catherine Wheel Stitch Part 8/10
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Easy Tile Coasters
Tute Tuesday: Scrabble Afghan
These Are a Few of My Favorite (Spooky!) Things

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...