A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: When you post a project, it's easier for people to discover it if you choose a great title for your thread.
Total Members: 299,134
Currently Running With Scissors:
642 Guests and 17 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Burton Cummings Skirt!!  (Read 3409 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

lisa_zacharias
« on: November 20, 2006 02:53:31 PM »

On June 15th, Burton Cummings and Randy Bachman did a Canadian tour called "First Time Around"  These are two of the greatest Canadian Songwriters of all time;between the two of them there was The Guess Who (the original writers of "American Woman" for all you Lenny Kravitz fans) Bachman-Turner-Overdrive, and they both put out solo albums.  I love love LOVE their music.  I have loved it ever since I was a little girl and my dad gave me a Guess Who cassette tape and I put it in my Barbie Walkman and played it to death.  ANywho, they came to Saskatoon, and I went with my parents to their concert (They are aging hipsters by the way - both Burton, Randy, and My parents!)  I made my mom and dad t-shirts, and created a skirt named.... The Burton Cummings Skirt!!  After the concert, which ROCKED, I waited at the back door of the auditorium for an hour and a half, made friends with the security guards and when Burton Cummings got into his car, and it started driving up to the tour bus, I stood in front of it waving my Sharpie, and he stopped the driver and got out and SIGNED MY SKIRT!!!  WEEE!!  I've never been like this for anyone, but I lose around those old hippies!  (No I don't have a daddy complex; I am just in worship of their music) So, anyway.. on to the pictures! Thanks for any comments! 2nd Post guys!  -Lisa

My mom and dad - can you believe they're both 50??

Me being REALLY excited!

I used an inkjet transfer to put Burton's Face on my skirt! Let me know if you know of The Guess Who, BTO, Burton Cummings or Randy Bachman; their music is AMAZING!  
-Lisa
« Last Edit: December 14, 2006 08:31:14 AM by lisa_zacharias » THIS ROCKS   Logged

First I had a plate and no serviette.  Now I have a serviette and no plate and I need more jam.
http://www.pixiekist.etsy.com  and **NEW***  http://www.pixiekist.net !!!!  Not much there yet, but soon!   More pics of my stuff; please comment! -Lisa
kluvlove
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2006 03:22:03 PM »

I really like the style of that skirt! yay for Burton Cummings and Randy Bachman! I am a pround Winnipegger!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

~<>ProUd PeSiMiSt<>~
flammable_feline

If people could put rainbows in zoos they'd do it.

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2006 12:52:59 AM »

you are so cute! awww. your little story made me smile (which is some feat... i'm in the middle of exams, and very stressed.
I like your skirt and the tees,
I'm sorry, I don't know who they are, but that's cool he signed your skirt! Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged
A.borealis
Even though Project Runway is the best show ever, The Office is cool too!

Project Runway is the best show ever!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2006 12:56:52 PM »

Also don't know who they are, sorry. EmbarrassedBut ayways, that skirt and the t-shirts are fantastic! Great colors and styles!  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

wists.com/aurorazoe
Jim Halpert + Pam Beesley= LOVE
Jim Halpert + A.borealis= LOVE So take that Pam!!!
strangela

beware of octopus girl

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 27, 2006 01:03:55 PM »

I LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You don't know how much my mother would kill to have one of those shirts!!!!!!!!!
Love the skirt, love their music!
For all of you who don't know who The Guess Who are, get busy and check 'em out!!! You will be grateful!!!
By the way, do you know of Domenic Troiano? He was (semi) related to me!!!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Meg2426

Normal means lack of imagination.

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 27, 2006 01:35:19 PM »

I really like the style of the skirt too! It looks so good! And I'm glad you had fun at the concert  Cheesy I have some family in Saskatoon. And my grandma has this whole story about how her brother was going to be the singer for The Guess Who and his mom wouldn't let him go. You know, I don't know whether or not to believe her. But it's an interesting story nonetheless. But anyways, the shirts are really well done and your story made my smile too  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged
lisa_zacharias
« Reply #6 on: November 27, 2006 11:17:44 PM »

I LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You don't know how much my mother would kill to have one of those shirts!!!!!!!!!
Love the skirt, love their music!
For all of you who don't know who The Guess Who are, get busy and check 'em out!!! You will be grateful!!!
By the way, do you know of Domenic Troiano? He was (semi) related to me!!!!!
I knew the name... it just took google to remind me; he wrote "I can hear you calling" that was performed by Three Dog Night (Another fave of mine)  and he was a guitarist for The Guess Who; I didn't know he was also the guitarist for Bush! He was just one of those ultra-talented people!  Did you inherit some of his talent?  Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

First I had a plate and no serviette.  Now I have a serviette and no plate and I need more jam.
http://www.pixiekist.etsy.com  and **NEW***  http://www.pixiekist.net !!!!  Not much there yet, but soon!   More pics of my stuff; please comment! -Lisa
cigarettesandvalentines
Red ships of Spain!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #7 on: November 30, 2006 04:29:56 PM »

AHHH BURTON CUMMINGS! that's so cool
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Someone has to go back and get a shitload of dimes."

Personal Swaps? Love 'em! Drop me a PM

etsy! http://www.etsy.com/shop/historystuffed

http://hamiltonsstupidhat.blogspot.com/
strangela

beware of octopus girl

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 02, 2006 10:42:12 PM »

Did you inherit some of his talent?  Cheesy
jeez. I hope so. I can play piano and baritone, and I'm planning to learn the accordion. Maybe he was crafty?  Grin Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Tricks to Dressing Slimmer
How To Dress For A Sporting Event
Jill Martin With Marlo Thomas
Plus-Size Style Tips
Best Dressed Stars: Sports Illustrated Model, NYFW and More
Latest Blog Articles
Handmade Gift Ideas: Hostess Gift
Handmade Gift Ideas: Mini Book Jewelry
Handmade Gift Ideas: Bunny Travel Pillow

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...