A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Need help? Click the HELP link at the top of the screen to read the docs or ask at the Help Desk.
Total Members: 299,122
Currently Running With Scissors:
594 Guests and 18 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2 3 4  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: voodoo doll-along? (you can't deny the revenge festering in your hearts!!!)  (Read 7580 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

palerasta
schwing

taking the craft world one summer camp at a time

View Profile
« on: November 20, 2006 09:41:07 AM »

cmon now, lets all make weird little voodoo dolls and be merry little needle pokers together.  lets be like that crazy voodoo lady in dead man's chest and speak creole and and and and........just make a stupid pokey-doll, okay?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

stop, don't shoot, biggity biggity boo.
bombgirl

i subscribe to the george lass work ethic

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2006 09:42:53 AM »

i'd be down with this
i wonder what i should make it of...maybe a love voodoo kit...or a bad boss one...or a evil gossiping bitch one that could be used on a variety of people?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

FLICKR!! http://www.flickr.com/photos/cupcakesrevenge/<br /><br />inspiration and desires... www.wists.com/bombgirl<br /><br />craft blog! (if you\'re my swap partner, NO PEEKING!) <br />http://yourfaceiswhereblogsgotodie.blogspot.com/
SlytherinPrefect
Head Girl

*wants you bleeders*

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2006 09:29:30 AM »

I'll try to come up with something.  I've got plenty of vengeful spite to get out of my system!  Angry  Plus some free time over break.  Roll Eyes

Incidentally, this'll be my first thing ever on Craftster after lurking for MONTHS.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"So, Peter...you've become a pirate..."

Icon courtesy of: http://community.livejournal.com/lily_graphics/2679.html#cutid1

-- knitting, sewing, glass etching, anything else i can get my hands on --
have2craft
« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2006 12:07:58 AM »

My first worry doll ended up looking rather voodoo-ish.  Grin 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

~Dee~
BloodyDeaf

Never trust bananas

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 26, 2006 06:28:35 AM »

I WANNA MAKE ONE!!! i should do something like : The Humanity or The Man loll...i dont know if its going to be nice but i'll try hihi
THIS ROCKS   Logged
mamacrikt
« Reply #5 on: November 26, 2006 07:21:54 AM »

I've been making vodou dolls for friends and family for a few years and am excited to show off a few I keep for my home. I try to make them in a the traditional way(which isn't really what we normally think of as "voodoo dolls", but as figures representing the loas for worship and idolatry) They typically have two sides, or faces, one for protection and one for disruption. I stuff them with a mixture of cloves, moss(I cheat and get the dried stuff from craft stores) and a dash of cornmeal or cornstarch. I paint the veves on them with a mixture of cornstarch and gesso because the powder alone doesn't stick. Lastly, I wrap them in red ribbon or twine to bind them to whatever it is I need and use white pins for good, black for evil. Usually,they live in an altar containing candy, rum, and whatever trinkets that particular loa is fond of. I'm obviously way deeper into this than is really necessary- but I think that the research and religion of it is as fun as the hoo-doo side we normally see. I'm kind of a dork that way, though.
This is the protective side. The black one is Linto- who is the child spirit of the Guede family. The photo is one of my son. The white doll represents Papa Legba, who is the guardian of the crossroads and messenger from spirit to human. All Loa must gain permission from him in order to manifest.

The flip side. You can see Lindo's veve really well in this photo. Don't these guys look pissed?

THIS ROCKS   Logged
bloody mary
« Reply #6 on: November 28, 2006 04:16:07 AM »

i love this!!!  i'm in! 

and i'll do my best not to make it "my husbands daughters mother" shaped.  no promises tho!

THIS ROCKS   Logged

when the going gets tough, the tough get a chainsaw
bloody mary
« Reply #7 on: November 28, 2006 04:24:21 PM »

ok.  so when i get a crafty bug, i get a crafty bug.  here is voodoo v.1

the winter voodoo doll.

THIS ROCKS   Logged

when the going gets tough, the tough get a chainsaw
jezebel7383
« Reply #8 on: November 28, 2006 04:30:58 PM »

oooo, I know somebody who needs to be made into a doll. Thanks for starting this! Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

BloodyDeaf

Never trust bananas

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 28, 2006 05:57:23 PM »

ok i'll do mine with felt but i don't know what to use to stuff it...i would like something i have home but i really don't know what....someone? help?  Shocked

EDIT : Actually...I find it so interresting they way mamacrikt did it...the traditionnal way...i'd like to know exactlly how you did it...(like a tute or somewhat) ...because i don't understand all you said...(i'm french hehe  Cool)
« Last Edit: November 28, 2006 06:16:07 PM by BloodyDeaf » THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2 3 4  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Use InDesign Essentials
How To Edit Videos With Goggle Picasa3
Peachpit TV: Using the Displacement Filter in Photoshop
Photoshop Glamor Shot Tutorial
How to Import Photoshop Files in Microsoft Expression Web
Latest Blog Articles
Handmade Gift Ideas: Mini Book Jewelry
Handmade Gift Ideas: Bunny Travel Pillow
Tute Tuesday: Cross Stitched Sewing Box

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...