A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Join us for fun, contests and discussions on Craftster's Facebook page!
Total Members: 297,030
Currently Running With Scissors:
782 Guests and 34 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Kitten Kase for my phone/PDA  (Read 2526 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Aneesah
« on: November 20, 2006 07:51:55 AM »

I just got a new HP iPAQ about a week ago and yet its case had already started getting worn out  Undecided , so... I made a new one!

The kitty idea wasn't mine, I saw a picture of a knitted iPod case and wanted one too. Wink

The picture links to its Flickr page with more info.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Art is never finished, only abandoned." -- Leonardo Da Vinci
pink_dust
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2006 09:34:37 AM »

It's so cute. I like it. Now if only I had an IPod to make one.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Aelita

Yes I am Goth.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2006 02:06:17 PM »

Wow how did you make it any chance for a tutorial on it? It's really cute I could use a new holder for my iPod.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

There will always be people who say mean words  because you are different, and sometimes their minds cannot be changed. There are many more people who do not judge others based on how they look or where they are from. THOSE are the people whose WORDS truly matter.

http://li-lis-page.blogspot.com
Aneesah
« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2006 06:51:56 PM »

Wow how did you make it any chance for a tutorial on it?

I'm kind of a crochet beginner myself, I'm not that familiar with the terms, but... Basically you just start a chain the width of the phone/iPod and do hdc stitches around and around the chain, making it wider if necessary, until you get a little flat bag the height of your iPod. The two loops for the closure are just chains too.

The ears are basically wide triangles (start a chain and go back and forth with sc, making it taper till you get to the top), a white one and a pink one for each. Oh, for the case I used two strands of yarn ('cause we only have skinny yarn here :/ ) except for the ears; one strand only. Sew the pink triangle onto the white triangle, and sew the ears onto the case, curving the ears like a real cat's.

And then you do the face, and hand-sew a lining at the lip of the case if you want. Smiley

Sorry it isn't quite a tutorial, but it's pretty simple to make!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

amdm
« Reply #4 on: November 21, 2006 04:51:18 AM »

I can hardly believe you are a beginner - you have done such a good job of designing and making this. I can't wait to see your next project.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Aneesah
« Reply #5 on: November 21, 2006 05:07:09 AM »

I can hardly believe you are a beginner - you have done such a good job of designing and making this.

Aww, thank you. ^_^ I've been making a lot of stuffed animals and a few bags, pretty much all of them from free patterns. So I've picked up the basic skills to be able to make simple stuff like these. Now if only I have more yarn... Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Aelita

Yes I am Goth.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: November 21, 2006 02:45:31 PM »

wow that's great for just a beginner and thanx for the tut on how to make it.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

There will always be people who say mean words  because you are different, and sometimes their minds cannot be changed. There are many more people who do not judge others based on how they look or where they are from. THOSE are the people whose WORDS truly matter.

http://li-lis-page.blogspot.com
noturrno
« Reply #7 on: November 21, 2006 05:34:56 PM »

It's so cute and adorable!!!! I love it! I was just wondering if you could further explain what you meant by

"Basically you just start a chain the width of the phone/iPod and do hdc stitches around and around the chain, making it wider if necessary, until you get a little flat bag the height of your iPod"

How do you do hdc stitches around the chain? (Sorry, I hardly know much at all, I just started to learn to crochet last week) Thank you!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Aneesah
« Reply #8 on: November 21, 2006 09:30:07 PM »

How do you do hdc stitches around the chain?

Heehee, when I was starting out and was following a bag pattern and came across this part, I had to ask a fellow Craftster to help out too. Cheesy Basically, like in the picture below, instead of doing it row by row to form a rectangle, you start to make an "oval" by going on the other side of the chain. For the first row or two, after the chain, I did three hdcs in the "corner hole" so the oval will be pretty flat, to accomodate the thickness of my phone. But afterwards just do one stitch for each stitch (I call 'em holes Tongue ), to form a straight tube that's closed at one end and open at the other.

BTW, the pic was when I was trying to make the bag I had problems with; pretend it's a chain with a row of hdc stitches ('cause I'm not sure if it is). And unless you're left handed, when you're working on it don't lay it out like in the picture, flip it over instead. Wink

Sorry if it's a bit confusing, but just try things out until it looks right. Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

noturrno
« Reply #9 on: November 22, 2006 08:46:06 PM »

I think I understand now. The picture made it easier to understand  Cheesy! Thank you so much!!!!  Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Laura Anne Gilman on Writing the Vineart War
Dannii Minogue on Her Book Dannii - My Story
Elegant Readings with Michael Ian Black
Peter Walsh: It’s All Too Much
Robert Muchamore on the CHERUB Series
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Faux Cross Stitch Sweatshirt
More Great Crafts Using Cardboard Tubes
Meatless Monday: No Meat Lasagna

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...