A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: When you post a project, it's easier for people to discover it if you choose a great title for your thread.
Total Members: 296,745
Currently Running With Scissors:
517 Guests and 10 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: What to make a mom who wants "nothing really..."?  (Read 3306 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Muria
« Reply #30 on: November 27, 2006 05:22:53 AM »

Don't know if it helps anyone, but I'm thinking of doing a photo calendar for my mother in law this year. She (coincidentally) has 12 grandchildren now, so one grandkid per month will work perfectly. Since she compiled a genealogy of her immediate family a few years ago (she has 5 siblings, so with their kids and grandkids, it adds up to 50 people so far!), I was also thinking about writing out all the birthday reminders on the right dates so she would have it all set for 2007.  Smiley 

I've been thinking about doing a scrapbook for the genealogy for about 5 years now, but I really don't do papercrafting much, so I keep putting it off.  That, and counting up 50 people made it a kind of intimidating project (I figured one page per person, so she could add pages as the family expands). 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Muria

Where did all this fabric come from? I CAN'T have bought THAT much!
ALL the boards craftalong: 11/40
Beginning wister
Will personal swap for coins from 1944
slb2724
« Reply #31 on: November 27, 2006 01:31:30 PM »

hahaha! i didn't break  it...it was just convenient timing! Cheesy she claps on a lamp in her room, for when she reads at night
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://www.beadsnthings.etsy.com

"I've ot a jar of dirt! And guess whats inside it!"-Jack Sparrow
coral
Yarn Rescuer!

beer gut

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #32 on: November 27, 2006 04:48:10 PM »

My family has a tradition that I absolutely love.  We give eachother matching mugs - we buy one for ourself and one for the other person, usually something handmade from a local crafter.  You could make the mugs (or something similar) yourself if you're into ceramics. Or maybe you could make a ceramic bowl and fill it with home-made food items like truffles.

My mom is always this same way - she doesn't have a lot of stuff, but she doesn't seem to really like a lot of stuff.  I learned to knit so I could make presents for her and others. 

And like the person in a previous post, you could just donate to charity in her honor, giving her a handmade card telling her that.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Get some yarn! Jewelry! YARN! 
www.blackcoral.etsy .com

Vintage Sewing Patterns!!
www.saltwatersupply .etsy.com
urban_albino

Open your mind, open your heart.

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #33 on: November 27, 2006 09:07:38 PM »

I have an idea --- get her a lampshade and craft it to make it the most kick lampshade has ever seen.  Implement her tastes and things she likes and make like a ... scrapbook lampshade.  Who knows, maybe if you think hard on it, you can come up with something really cool. 
Shocked
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Just when the caterpillar thought it would die, it turned into a butterfly.
echornor
« Reply #34 on: November 28, 2006 02:49:53 PM »

calendar, at place like staples and office max you can get them made, but you could make it yourself,

or a scrapbook of family members,

one of those calendars that has a page for every day with a saying and a pic or drawing.

thats all I can think of ...my mind is blank...

how bout a ceramic fountain, depending on were you live, it might be hard but they are really nice for the garden

THIS ROCKS   Logged
josita
« Reply #35 on: November 28, 2006 03:01:17 PM »

Maybe a placeholder now for things she'd usually get in the summer. Like a certificate to a local garden center for a flat of plants - plus your own offer to plant them.

Also, think "experience" vs. gift - a trip to the museum to see a special exhibit, play tickets, a massage...and you can package in a crafty way.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Set the Auto Mode Using the Panasonic G1/GH1
How to Set the Aperture Priority Function Using the Panasonic G1/GH1
How to Optimize the Panasonic G1/GH1 for Sunset Scenes
How to Optimize the Panasonic G1/GH1 for Sports Pictures
How to Optimize the Panasonic G1/GH1 for Product Photography
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Art Pen Case
Sock It To Me!
Meatless Monday: Kale and Edamame Salad

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...