A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Need help? Click the HELP link at the top of the screen to read the docs or ask at the Help Desk.
Total Members: 297,551
Currently Running With Scissors:
388 Guests and 7 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Let's Share Our Christmas Gift Ideas!  (Read 5788 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

lamamarco
Lauren :)

sewing IS love.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #10 on: November 25, 2006 09:57:44 PM »

Mom: PJ pants, hot/cold rice bag, tissue holder/case thing
Dad: Flash drive, leaf blower (maybe), towels... what can I say, he is weird.
Brother: Messenger bag (I am going all out on this... pockets for Sidekick + Ipod... adjustable strap, zipper, sturdy), stenciled shirt
Grandma/Other Grandma: Boxy cosmetic bags

That's what I have so far... I have 2 cousins (4.5 and 17 months) and an Uncle as well.... any ideas?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

tinfoil queen

Where have all the Darcy's gone?

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 25, 2006 10:02:49 PM »

Let's see, tonight I made a list of all the stuff I have to make for Christmas...

I'm making a fork necklace for one friend...I think I saw that on here somewhere... a zipper tote for my mom, a zipper purse for one of my friends, a Bush voodoo doll for one of my more politically active friends, lots of scarves, a pop can tab purse for one of my friends, a set of hand-stenciled glasses for a friend and one of Seinfeld characters for my brother, a set of picture frames, a license plate CD case, a shrine for my Buddhist friend, and some mix CD's.

My favorite gift I'm making is a hoodie for my friend. On the first day of school, everyone in her class had to write a question they would ask each other for a survey, and my friend's was "If you could choose one dinosaur, which would it be and why?". All her classmates assumed she knew alot about dinosaurs, and kept asking her "What's that big one with the plates on its back" and similar things... so we started calling her Dinogirl as a joke. Her hoodie is going to be green with red spikes down the back and a cartoon dinosaur.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

We're talented and bright, we're lonely and uptight. We've found some lovely ways to disappoint... 

~the Weakerthans~
cfbandit

Rock on with your bad self, Penny!

« Reply #12 on: November 25, 2006 10:12:35 PM »

Hi I just joined craftster today. I've gotten kind of frustrated looking for gift ideas online because everyone has such specific needs. I thought it might be cooler and easier if we all just said what we're already planning to make for our own friends/family instead of asking for ideas from other folks. It may spark new ideas.

For my dad/aunt/uncle: my aunt gave me a HUGE batch of old family photos which I put about 60 hours of digital retouch work into (I also used to work as a retouch artist at a photo lab). So I touched those up, but I kind of did too good of a job because I brought them to wal-mart for printing, and wal-mart (QUITE rudely) refused to give them to me because they looked so professional (because I WAS a professional) that they thought I was stealing the images. There were three photos that really HAD been taken by a professional, but that was about 40 years, 80 years, and 95 years ago. The rest were taken by family. So I don't know if I'll be able to get these printed off or if it was wasted effort.

Walmart's terrible about that sort of thing. Take them somewhere else - as long as you use the kiosks and do everything yourself, its usually a bit easier to do.

Let's see of the handmade gifts.. my sis in law is getting a knitted hat and scarf set, my bosses all got a bottle of wine with a knitted gift bag around them, hubby is getting a neckwarmer, brother is getting some infused vodka (super easy, vanilla beans soaking in vodka for the next few weeks), MIL is getting an afghan, and my dogs (and hubby's dogs, and my mom's craft exchange chick's dogs LOL) are all getting homemade peanut butter doggie biscuits.

Good luck with your quest!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Blog: http://craftingyoohooville.blogspot.com
My Wist: http://www.wists.com/cfbandit

Ravelry: cfbandit

Member of the Al-ette Fan Club
krazykt1286
« Reply #13 on: November 27, 2006 07:30:55 AM »

thanks so much for the tute about the pencil holders, i'll definitely be looking around for some cheap floppy discs! very cute.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
cardlover
« Reply #14 on: November 27, 2006 10:34:03 AM »

Well for one of my friends I'm making some fudge, although i need help on finding a recipe. I also bought my friend some socks that have a christmas cat on it.

My mum i got her some bath stuff.

Me and my friend that i'm making fudge for are going to put together a scrapbook for my friend for her birthday that is on the 23rd of december. I've also thought of putting on a cd these videos that made my friend laugh a lot.

i know its christmas gift ideas, but does anyone have a recipe for fudge?
THIS ROCKS   Logged
shamelesslyahippie

i'm not a popsicle

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: November 27, 2006 01:42:58 PM »

thanks shamelesslyahippie i looked on google but the instructions were  all so confusing  and different! I will have to give it a go! Cheesy
i hope this one works
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Comment allez-vous ce soir? Je suis comme ci comme a
 Yes, a penguin taught me French back in Antarctica
tabbathehutt
« Reply #16 on: November 30, 2006 08:16:54 AM »

MAN, infusing Vodka- what a COOL idea!!! Do you know if other things work as well as the vanilla beans? It'd be fun to do a few different flavors.

And I've now seen a few people talking about making pajama pants for gifts, and that sounds REALLY neat and perhaps not THAT hard? Does anyone know where I could find a pattern online?

I love how diverse the gifting ideas are here. You guys have really thought of everything!    Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged
cfbandit

Rock on with your bad self, Penny!

« Reply #17 on: November 30, 2006 02:17:40 PM »

I've heard LOTS of people talking about it. They did an article in the Chicago Trib. about using mango and apricot that sounded really good, too. There's lots of recipes out there for it. Just hit the google - heck, there's probably a bunch of ideas for infused vodka here on craftster.

Fun stuff!  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Blog: http://craftingyoohooville.blogspot.com
My Wist: http://www.wists.com/cfbandit

Ravelry: cfbandit

Member of the Al-ette Fan Club
tabbathehutt
« Reply #18 on: November 30, 2006 03:36:48 PM »

I've heard LOTS of people talking about it. They did an article in the Chicago Trib. about using mango and apricot that sounded really good, too. There's lots of recipes out there for it. Just hit the google - heck, there's probably a bunch of ideas for infused vodka here on craftster.

Fun stuff!  Grin

Great idea! Thanks!  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged
geniusNOTatWORK
« Reply #19 on: December 01, 2006 08:30:20 PM »

oooo! yay for this thread! Cheesy

A bunch of random friends: pint glasses with their names etched in them. I'm going to wrap the glasses up in homemade Christmas stockings and then fill the glasses with candy and little treats (mostly candy, hahaha)

Secret santa 1: A boy I sorta like, sorta don't like (it's a weird complicated crush thing), I'm stenciling a hoodie for him. Totally in love with Gym Class Heroes so there you go

Secret santa 2: I'm actually buying this guy's gift but what do you think of giving a 17 year old guy Sock'em Boppers? heheh

Teachers: BREAD IN A JAAARRRRRRR! If anyone has a bitching recipe, please PLEASE share it Smiley

man, it's already December 1 and school gets out on December 15th...I should get started NOW! :O
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Seed Packet Gifts
Cooking: Honey Month
September 19th - Talk Like a Pirate Day!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...