A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: You can now organize your bookmarks into folders!  Read more here.
Total Members: 302,067
Currently Running With Scissors:
556 Guests and 14 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: froufrou, fat bottom, seija, finally posted.  (Read 1865 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

craftdabbler UK
« on: November 19, 2006 01:09:36 PM »

Yes, I finished these over the last couple of weeks but have only just got round to posting.
The froufrou was most difficult, as the instructions had some errors in but turned out nice.  It looks good on and gets many compliments.  I made the largest size and it took about a month with an hour or so most evenings.
The others were all done in one or two evenings.  I did the garden scarf, too, but the photo did not come out at all.  I made it in all different colours and it looks great.  The seija set is for my grand-daugher, my DIL chose the colours and they look good together.  They are not quite as bright as in the picture.
The fat bottom bag is mine, all mine!  You may recognise the flower from the spring in winter set, I just love it.

My next happy hooker project?  Short and sweet - after I finish the star blanket crochetalong!
« Last Edit: February 02, 2010 01:39:28 PM by jungrrl - Reason: fixed a coding issue » THIS ROCKS   Logged
PlayItGeorge
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2006 03:41:45 PM »

Very nice Smiley.  Do you like the fit of your Frou Frou?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

8littlepaws.wordpress.com
DisneyFan
I Love Disney, My Husband Loves Shakira!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2006 04:52:48 PM »

Your froufrou is much cuter than the one in the book.  I may need to make it now.  How does it look on?  Did you have any problems with gauge?  And was the pattern pretty straight forward.  There are so many mistakes in that book that it makes my head spin sometimes! lol
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I took up running so that I could eat more, not because it feels good.  haha
Ithinktomuch
Slightly Insane

Yarn is my drug of choice

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2006 04:51:27 PM »

wow you've been busy Grin Everything looks so great. I really have to pic up my book again and do a few more projects!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Let's be free to be you and me, free to crochet and knit, free to twirl hooks and click needles" -Debbie Stoller
craftdabbler UK
« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2006 04:12:10 PM »

Thanks for all your kind comments.   Smiley

Yes, playitgeorge and disneyfan the froufrou fits well.  I am pretty large as you can see, but it is flattering when it is on.  The front does not cross over as much on me as the model in the book, but it still looks great.  Also, instead of crossing it over, I can pin it in the middle and it falls away in a graceful and flattering curve from the bust to the hips. 

I am seriously thinking of making another one in a lighter colour.  My gauge was exactly as recommended in the book although I had to use a larger hook because (I think) the yarn I used was a bit thinner.  I used stylecraft double knitting wool/acrylic mix so it would wash well.  It is very soft and snuggly.

There were some mistakes in the pattern and quite a few bits where the pattern was ambiguous (but I am British and we use different names for our crochet stitches - talk about crafters divided by a common language!).  I just decided that I would follow it as far as possible and make what changes need to be made to get to the shape of the diagram.  The main thing is to do the decreasing evenly at the front/side edges. 

The diagram is right.  Aim to get that shape.  Once that final shape is achieved, the whole thing suddenly comes right when sewing up the front/side seams.  Before that, it looks very strange and worrying.

I do recommend it.  I think it would look great on anyone.   Wink

Good luck. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Cilantro7
« Reply #5 on: December 04, 2006 01:43:40 PM »

Gorgeous!!

Where do you get the handles for the fat bottom
purse?

Thanks, Cilantro7
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Adobe Photoshop CS2 - How to Access and Purge Cache Files
Adobe Photoshop CS2 - How to Copy and Paste Camera Raw Settings
Adobe Photoshop CS2 - How to Crop a Group of Images
Adobe Photoshop CS2 - How to Edit Multiple Images at Once in Camera Raw
Adobe Photoshop CS2 - How to Open and Save .DNG Images
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Quick Summer Dress
Marvelous Matryoshkas
Meatless Monday: Creamy Pasta with Peas

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...