A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you know about all of these Craftster features?
Total Members: 306,355
Currently Running With Scissors:
364 Guests and 6 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 [All]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Indianapolis Southside knitting group  (Read 2450 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

moneycll
« on: November 18, 2006 01:03:09 PM »

Anyone interested in a knitting group in Indianapolis (southside)? I am thinking of starting one but wanted to put out some feelers first. I am thinking somewhere around 65 and Southport or 65 and County Line Rd. I already have a few ideas for places. Maybe on Tuesdays or Wednesdays 7-9

Thanks
THIS ROCKS   Logged

gamayun
I'll be back someday. Just not now.

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2006 01:10:11 PM »

Sure.  Where abouts on Southport or County Line? 

Tuesdays I've got class going on, but that's about my only schedule blocker (well, that and work... Tongue)
THIS ROCKS   Logged
moneycll
« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2006 10:51:18 AM »

I was thinking about maybe asking at Panera and seeing if that's ok. Or one of the starbucks around. There is a Panera's in front of Meijers on Southport and Emerson. I am leaning towards Mondays. I will PM you if I can get this going.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

gamayun

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2006 10:01:20 AM »

Mondays could work.  As could Panera.  I'm a scone fiend.  Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged
moneycll
« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2006 11:57:30 AM »

hehe yum. Yeah I talked to my SIL and her Dh works there and she said they have stuff there all the time. Like jewelry shows, people on computers etc. So I am sure they wouldn't mind.

I just am not sure where else to post to get some interest. Let me know if you have any ideas or if you could bring some friends. I would love to have like 5 people at least.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

gamayun

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 29, 2006 12:19:53 PM »

.....friends?   Huh

I have a cousin and an aunt who also knit.  Cousin is a Herron grad.  Aunt posts on Free Republic.  If nothing else I'm sure we'd have some interesting discussions!

I wonder if we could post in the general knitting discussion area... after all, the local stuff is pretty close to the bottom of the page and maybe the other Indy knitters aren't looking.

I can also put out the word where I work.

***EDIT***  I forgot, I was talking about starting a knitting group with one of the people in my dance class!

Except I forget her name.

And I don't have her phone number.

Ehrm... well, I'll see her again on Tuesday so I'll let her know.  So there's 3 peeps I might potentially bring along.
« Last Edit: November 30, 2006 07:43:13 AM by gamayun » THIS ROCKS   Logged
moneycll
« Reply #6 on: December 05, 2006 07:22:20 PM »

Well I have a couple other people maybe interested from some other boards. I may be able to drag some friends along too...though they don't knit. I don't know a single person who knits! That is why I want a group around here so bad.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

gamayun

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 06, 2006 02:06:29 PM »

Brain wave - I wonder if they'd let us recruit at Mass Ave Knits?  There's always plenty of knitters there... I wonder how many of them are southside.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
moneycll
« Reply #8 on: December 06, 2006 07:04:03 PM »

I haven't actually made it up there yet...so not sure what it is like. (I have only been knitting about 2 months.) That is a great idea though.

I made a Yahoo group:
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/indyknitters/

-Crystal
« Last Edit: December 06, 2006 08:27:13 PM by moneycll » THIS ROCKS   Logged

HotRock
« Reply #9 on: December 06, 2006 08:44:36 PM »

I believe there is a yarn store in Greenwood as well (on Main Street I think).  You might try advertising there.  I, unfortunately, have moved from the area but I'll be sure to alert a few of my friends who are still southsiders.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
moneycll
« Reply #10 on: December 07, 2006 07:38:25 AM »

Hotrock, thanks that is a great idea. I have been meaning to get over there, I think it is called Bo Peep's or something like that. It is so hard to go places like that with a 15 month old, lol. He has definite ideas about what is a fun place to go and what isn't. If I even walk into JoAnn's he looks around and then starts crying.  Roll Eyes
THIS ROCKS   Logged

gamayun

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 07, 2006 04:14:54 PM »

What an odd child. Grin

Mass Ave Knits is great.  They even have a kid area for dumping non-fiber-holic small persons.   Cheesy   The only catch, of course, is that they're actually on Virginia Ave, not Massachusetts Ave, but once you figure that out it's a fun place.

I've heard of Bo Peep but not yet visited.  Put that on the list for the weekend...  (thx Hotrock!)
THIS ROCKS   Logged
natalia__m
« Reply #12 on: January 29, 2007 04:12:29 PM »

Hey everyone. I live in greenwood and I've been knitting for a while. I'm interesting in a knitting group. so let me know if you get one started.

-natalia  Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
moneycll
« Reply #13 on: January 30, 2007 08:45:34 AM »

Natalia, yes we have started one. We have been meeting on Mondays 7pm-9 (every other Monday or so). Here is a link to our Yahoo Group where we post meeting dates and chat a little.

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/indyknitters/
THIS ROCKS   Logged

ammdancer1

my heart died with gilmore girls...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: May 04, 2007 11:48:08 AM »

WHAT?!?!?!!
A KNITTING STORE IN GREENWOOD?

I must have details!   Grin

I'm even a bit more south of Greenwood, so Mass Ave is a bit of a distance (although I must splurge the gas every now and then, certainly.)  So a shop in Greenwood would be like a dream come true!

I would love to meet up and knit with you guys.  Would I be allowed to join the group for just a few weeks?  I'm at school in Muncie right now, next week is finals.  So then I'll be home, but only for 3 weeks(ish) since I'm heading off to work at Bradford Woods for the summer until I go back to school in the fall.

Embarrassed but  Smiley at the same time...

am
THIS ROCKS   Logged

am
gamayun

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: May 11, 2007 11:41:27 AM »

Ammdancer, join us!  We have people from all over and not all of them can make the meetings - they just follow along on the emails.  Click Crystal's link up there and join the mayhem!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 [All] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Tunisian Crochet: How to Do Entralac Blocks
Tunisian Crochet: How to Do Double Stitches
Tunisian Crochet: How to Do a Treble Stitch
Tunisian Crochet: How to a Reverse Stitch
Tunisian Crochet: How to Start
Latest Blog Articles
Handmade Gift Ideas: Hippogriff
Handmade Gift Ideas: Exploding Needle Box
Handmade Gift Ideas: Japanese Shibori Dyeing

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...