A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you know about all of these Craftster features?
Total Members: 297,719
Currently Running With Scissors:
653 Guests and 29 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 561 562 [563] 564 565 ... 570
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: How's your Etsy shop doing now?  (Read 298146 times)
Tags for this thread: etsy  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

crafty gurll
« Reply #5620 on: March 24, 2009 07:31:28 PM »

I hope lots of people join the business card swap, what a great & fun way to promote your shop and find out about other etsy sellers. Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

IamSusie
« Reply #5621 on: March 25, 2009 05:41:25 AM »

PinkyK-  What a lot of stuff you've added to your shop!  It looks fantastic!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

PinkyK
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5622 on: March 25, 2009 05:49:41 AM »

PinkyK-  What a lot of stuff you've added to your shop!  It looks fantastic!

Thank you so much! I have been working hard at it. Watch my shop next week.... that's when I'm FINALLY adding glass! I don't want to add it until after the show Friday night hopefully a bunch of it will sell.

In other business related news..... I should have a credit card machine today (I went through Costco) so now I can do out of the way high end shows. I got the kind that is basically a cell phone and you swipe the card for immediate approval.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

sarasvati

love for crafting!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #5623 on: March 25, 2009 10:45:42 AM »

Hi all! Smiley

The snow has melted and it is finally starting to act a bit more like Spring outside, so I'm re-taking some of my photos outside!  Over the winter months, I had to take images of my knit items indoors, so I'm happy that I can take some more outdoor photos again! 

I also finally got some business cards - some real ones, not just ones printed from my printer!  Hurrah!  If you'd like to read about it, I posted an image of them on my blog along with a review of my experience in ordering them!  The link to my blog is in my signature Smiley

I might join the business card swap since I have some actual business cards now, yippee!  Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://lostmittenblog.blogspot.com - my crafting blog
http://www.flickr.com/lost_mitten - my flickr
I'm Craftster's August 2009 Featured Needlework Artist!

(Mini) Nerd Swap - sign-ups right now! http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=342519.0
antigone
« Reply #5624 on: April 07, 2009 02:22:46 AM »

I started on February 17th and was sooo happy to sell something that first, nerve-wrecking night! I've sold 44 items internationally and a number of photographs / notebooks etc within Sweden - those who live in my country can order via e-mail or phone so they don't have to pay in dollars and so forth.

So I think I'm doing well but things really need to improve more. I'm looking to sell retail / in larger amounts as gifts to employees etc and will send little PR folders with my photographs, collages and books to interior design magazines. I don't think it's enough to sell every single thing myself on Etsy, even if 5 large photos a day would be enough to make a living.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

BeaG
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Hi from Belgium!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5625 on: April 10, 2009 04:41:42 AM »

Yay, I'm celebrating 100,000 Flickr account views (within less than six months)!
http://www.flickr.com/photos/made_by_beag/
I use Flickr to show all of my creative work (not just the stuff that is for sale) and to make wonderful creative friends all over the planet.
BeaG

(This is perhaps a bit off-topic, so if anyone knows of a better place to post it, please let me know, or, admins, move it to the right section. Thanks!)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

AttieNichole

Welcoming Spring!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #5626 on: April 23, 2009 02:22:50 PM »

My etsy shop has been the best thing I've ever done with my life.  I opened in January and made two sales.  I still do not have paypal because I forgot my login email and password--I need to call them because no one can have a successful etsy shop without paypal.  No one.

I'm now taking the time to update my etsy shop.  I had a few items which weren't the best and from what I can tell, it's better to have a shop with a few really great items than a bunch of poorly made ones.  I want to update my policies, get some great new items that I've been working on uploaded, change my shop announcement to something attractable.....and well, I want to do everything differently.  I think my biggest mistake was not being prepared when I set up shop.  I just wanted to let others know that the time and effort you put into your shop will reflect your sales.  If you make great items, have reasonable prices, and have an attractable shop, your sales will increase.  Things I've realized are listed below for anyone who is interested.  I'm definitely not an etsy pro, but I figure any advice that I can give would be able to help someone not go through what I'm going through.

1.  set up paypal and remember your login and password. Trust me.  You will need paypal and you need to be able to log in.

2.  start your shop with no less than 10 items.  Good items.  No, great ones!  You want to show the world that your projects are better than "what's his/her names."

3.  Get a great banner.  Design one or have someone else do it for you.  It will help immensly.

4.  TAKE THE BEST PICTURES YOU POSSIBLY CAN!  No one will want to buy items that are from poorly taken photos.  Look at the front page's photos and aim for that kind of quality.

5.  Sign up for google analytics to check out how many visitors you have.  Also blog, get business cards (Vista print has these $250 for free, just pay for shipping which is like $4), make bumper stickers if you have to, just get your name out there.  Tell your friends, family, and everyone you see--and pass out those business cards!

6.  Be your own advertisement.  Wear a sample of your creations (not the ones you are selling though!) and then, pass out more business cards.  Seriously!  advertise!  advertise!  advertise!

and that's all I got, but take these suggestions and it should all work out.  I'm reopening on June 1st, because I want to focus on doing these things.  So, always be prepared, and take a break if you feel you need to.

have fun on etsy everyone!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

attienichole.etsy.com
ecozombie.etsy.com
pinterest.com/aimeetraveler
crafty gurll
« Reply #5627 on: April 24, 2009 06:53:09 AM »

Today is National Etsy Day!  Get the word out! Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

barbolot
Tutorial Contributor

A dead thing can go with the stream, but only a living thing can go against it.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5628 on: April 24, 2009 09:01:23 AM »

Great advice, amieerox!  The only thing I would add to is #2 -- start with 20 items! Wink  I think that gives potential buyers a bit more confidence, like you're going to be around for a while, that you're a hard worker and love what you do.  Oh, and it gives them more choices, which is always good.

And #4 is very, very good advice.... I saw the photos on the front page, and I decided I wanted to be on the front page.  I changed my photos, and started taking pics similar to the pics there... natural light, neutral background ---> those pics sell.  And it works.

Happy Etsy Day! Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Meggers
« Reply #5629 on: April 27, 2009 12:24:38 PM »

I had 5 sales this weekend!
I am one away from having 10 and have 40 hearts!
Moving right along nicely, only been open since Feb.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 561 562 [563] 564 565 ... 570 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Cut Bangs for a Boy
How to Razor Damaged Hair
How to Layer the Interior of the Hair
How to De-tangle and Cut Damaged Hair
Wedding Hairstyles - Updo
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Manicure for Halloween
"Z" is for Zombie!
Meatless Monday: Honey Roasted Parsnip Soup

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...