A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Curious if a project is for sale, or if someone wants to do a private swap with you?  Please Personal Message the member rather than posting on the thread.
Total Members: 296,392
Currently Running With Scissors:
925 Guests and 45 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 556 557 [558] 559 560 ... 570
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: How's your Etsy shop doing now?  (Read 271015 times)
Tags for this thread: etsy  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

hollylynne

step away from the cashmere

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5570 on: December 17, 2008 12:13:31 PM »

Sorry, girls, but I need to VENT!  Angry

I just got a totally snotty email from a new-ish Etsy seller telling me that my Antique US coin pendants were all totally illegal and 'she thought someone should tell me'.

For the record, since I'm sure not everyone is all up on their US currency laws, it is illegal to FRAUDULENTLY alter currency that is CURRENTLY IN USE.  I'm fine under that definition two ways: 1) The coins I use are out of circulation or antiques and 2) I'm not altering them in an attempt to counterfeit (ie: making a $10 bill look like a $100 bill = illegal, thats the 'fraudulently' part).

The email set me off because it was snotty, and it assumes that I've been selling on Etsy for almost 2 years without ever bothering to look into the laws, which OBVIOUSLY I did before I ever listed any coin jewelry.  My day job is at a law firm, I spend most of my waking hours surrounded by lawyers, TRUST ME I got lots of advice on this before setting out.   I do make an effort to use only out of circulation coins (which is pretty easy, now that most European currency is out of circulation) and even if I do sometimes wind up with a coin that is currently in use, the fact that I'm not altering with an aim to counterfeit still makes me fine under the law.

Sorry . . .I warned you guys that this was going to be a vent!  I'm not going to bother writing back to the other seller (cause, like I said, SNOTTY!) but her email really had me ticked and I had to have my little freakout somewhere, so in the event that you've read this, THANKS for listening Smiley

So, I sold at my first craft fair on Saturday.  FUN!  I didn't sell much (my items were a little higher priced than many others) but in the days just after the fair I sold 3 items to buyers in So. California, so I'm thinking the fair was helpful on the promotion front, at least Smiley

Here's a photo (with my fiance behind my table)!

THIS ROCKS   Logged

barbolot
Tutorial Contributor

A dead thing can go with the stream, but only a living thing can go against it.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5571 on: December 17, 2008 09:40:50 PM »

UGG!!!  I am so aggravated for you, and I won't say here what I think of people like that (trying to be nice.)  I am so sorry.  I wouldn't waste any more time on her.  Your shop is fabulous, and you have the sales to prove it! Wink

And OH MY you and the boy look sooo cute and absolutely happy!  And your table looks very pretty, professional, and just lovely.  Very nicely done.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

kishcrafts
I can make almost anything out of polymer clay! :P

me and Kellan Lutz!

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #5572 on: December 18, 2008 10:39:05 AM »

what a professional looking table. Wink

and I totally empathize with the need to vent sometimes.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I still sell my clay crafts...email me if you are interested in ordering something. kishcrafts@gmail.com
hollylynne

step away from the cashmere

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5573 on: December 18, 2008 11:50:49 AM »

Thanks guys! I feel way better having complained about it Cheesy And thanks about the table! I worked really hard on it, since it was my first fair and all Smiley  There are more photos here! http://www.flickr.com/photos/hollylynne/sets/72157610918288014/
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Modus Operandi
Paint Hussie

handpainted and repurposed vintage items

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #5574 on: December 23, 2008 06:50:08 AM »

hollylynne, I have had a snotty email before too so I know how you feel! They even went to far as to contact Etsy and complain about me painting on bags I didn't sew.
How do people have so much time that they spend all day on Etsy searching for things to complain about? Roll Eyes

Gosh, I havent said anything in this thread for months (yet I'm always logged on)!
Christmas sales were okay this year, although, I sold more things in person than online.

Have you all heard about Cafe Handmade's Virtual Craft Show? http://www.cafehandmade.com You can upload 5 photos and they link back to your Etsy shop, and your "booth" is for 2 weeks.

Hope you all have a wonderful Christmas  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Check out my Etsy shops! http://www.enamor.etsy.com

enamorweddingshttp://www.enamorweddings.etsy.com

Pinteresthttp
babyface843
« Reply #5575 on: January 03, 2009 12:50:20 PM »

I just sold my first item ever!!  I'm so excited and I haven't even shipped it but I can't wait to do it.  I just hope the buyer will like the item when they get since my photography isn't the greatest.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Neigung
« Reply #5576 on: January 06, 2009 07:57:16 AM »

Congrats on your first sale babyface! 

My shop has been doing better, likely because I'm getting better at updating more regularly and I have a few more low cost items, and a new promotion for new listings.   I'm noticing that I haven't been getting many hearts lately though.  Has anyone else noticed a decrease in hearts after the shopping cart was introduced?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

To The 9s

I make accessories, often using vintage components

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5577 on: January 06, 2009 02:27:44 PM »

HollyLynne, that is so crappy...did you write her back or let it go?  I'd report her, who does she think she is? 

I'm up to 15 sales on etsy, most of those are from people I know.

Do ya'll find that your etsy shop does better, the more often you list things?  Some people say to list at least one thing every day to keep you on the top of the search lists.  Does it really make a difference?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

jungrrl
Global Moderator
Crafty Business Advice Moderator
Toys, Dolls, and Playthings Moderator

Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

I'm a portmanteau.

Former Full-time Craftster-er

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5578 on: January 06, 2009 02:28:49 PM »

Hey ladies!

Just wanted to pop in and let you know that the lovely ms. barbolot is my next interviewee!  You can ask your question in this thread.

http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=285928.0

Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

wildanimus

Poking myself with needles.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5579 on: January 07, 2009 10:39:01 AM »

Do ya'll find that your etsy shop does better, the more often you list things?  Some people say to list at least one thing every day to keep you on the top of the search lists.  Does it really make a difference?

It does!  I notice that whenever I list something new or renew an older item, I'll get a lot more views and hearts than if I did nothing at all. 

My sales have slowed down dramatically...almo st an entire month without a sale.  Really, I don't mind nor do I get discouraged.  I've been getting some great feedback on my items and I'm proud of how my shop has evolved since I started last year.  I'm just working on extending my line of items to include things that are less expensive and not just home decor.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Lovely bags, clutches, and home decor!
http://wildanimus.etsy.com

My Flickr!
http://www.flickr.com/wildanimus
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 556 557 [558] 559 560 ... 570 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Head-to-Toe Fashions For Less Than $50
How To Wear Trendy Short Suits
2013 MTV Movie Awards: Red Carpet Fashion - Selena Gomez, Emma Watson
Kim Kardashian Dons Some Sexy Maternity Wear at the MTV Movie Awards
4 Ways to Wear the Ruffle Trend Without Looking Too Young
Latest Blog Articles
DIY Summer
Craft Challenge 101 Announced - Stash Buster
July 8, 2014 Featured Projects

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...