A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
News 05/06/14: Craftster has gone mobile!  Read the big news here!
Total Members: 297,221
Currently Running With Scissors:
669 Guests and 28 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 527 528 [529] 530 531 ... 570
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: How's your Etsy shop doing now?  (Read 290243 times)
Tags for this thread: etsy  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

rosetyler

My other vehicle is a TARDIS

View Profile
« Reply #5280 on: July 05, 2008 10:19:23 AM »

I don't know if I've done something wrong but I've sold nothing! I've had alot of views and people complementing my stuff but they don't buy. I've been open a little over a month and I'm starting to get frustrated.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

kishcrafts
I can make almost anything out of polymer clay! :P

me and Kellan Lutz!

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #5281 on: July 05, 2008 10:42:27 AM »

I checked the Etsy Gift Guides (after not having done so for some weeks) and was happily surprised to see items of mine in 5 Gift Guides. Yay!

Congrats BeaG!

I don't know if I've done something wrong but I've sold nothing! I've had alot of views and people complementing my stuff but they don't buy. I've been open a little over a month and I'm starting to get frustrated.

Are you promoting and networking? If you have some free time try to pop into the chat rooms and establish some etsy chat friendships. Also, post in the forums. Good luck and try to be patient. The sales will come, just takes time and 1 month isn't all that long.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I still sell my clay crafts...email me if you are interested in ordering something. kishcrafts@gmail.com
rosetyler

My other vehicle is a TARDIS

View Profile
« Reply #5282 on: July 05, 2008 10:53:15 AM »

Ok, thanks! Yeah, I've been doing a little networking and chatting. I even started a craft blog but I guess I'm just being impatient.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

kishcrafts
I can make almost anything out of polymer clay! :P

me and Kellan Lutz!

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #5283 on: July 05, 2008 11:15:41 AM »

Ok, thanks! Yeah, I've been doing a little networking and chatting. I even started a craft blog but I guess I'm just being impatient.

All of us have gone through that at one point or another. Keep pushing through the slow times and the sales will come.
« Last Edit: July 05, 2008 11:16:01 AM by kishcrafts » THIS ROCKS   Logged

I still sell my clay crafts...email me if you are interested in ordering something. kishcrafts@gmail.com
Joyful Abode
domesticity by trial and error

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5284 on: July 05, 2008 08:59:05 PM »

Yup, the 19.99 plan. I signed up for the 9.99 one but filled up the 25 products in 1 day... that's how fast it is to add new things!!! So 100 products it is!

I'm planning to really start advertising it soon, and then hopefully things will kick off nicely!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Joyful Abode
- Domesticity by trial and error

Joyful Abode Shop - military stationery, kitchen linens, accessories, and more!
IamSusie
« Reply #5285 on: July 06, 2008 05:28:52 PM »

I noticed right away that you have listed no dimensions on at least a few of your items.  If I'm looking to buy a purse, how will I know if your item will fit my stuff? If your bags have interior pockets, be sure to photograph them! Wink

Apart from self promotion, I think it also helps to use all 14 tags allowed on your items.  Your tags should be accurate, but you should include your username, "handmade", colors, and styles also help shoppers find your items when they do a search.

My store has been really quiet after several months of pretty good sales.  I haven't added anything new for awhile, so I lost some momentum....

THIS ROCKS   Logged

hollylynne

step away from the cashmere

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5286 on: July 07, 2008 11:51:10 AM »

its a roller coaster out there lately for me . . . either tons at once or nothing for a while . . .

iamsusie thats great advice about the tags. really helps with the searches!  rosetyler, your bags are really cute! hang in there!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

pinkangel1979
« Reply #5287 on: July 10, 2008 09:38:16 AM »

Hey everyone, haven't been here for ages!  Hope you're all doing well with your shops.  I opened a new one this week (linky in signature), early days but I'm getting a good response (no sales yet though sadly). 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

sarasvati

love for crafting!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #5288 on: July 10, 2008 03:09:51 PM »

I'm finding these days that I either sell a few things in one day, and then nothing for a few days!  It is kinda random...although things tend to slow down in the summer and pick up again in the fall!

I've been keeping busy finishing my own projects though lately, not adding too many new things to the shop these days...just picked up a couple of custom orders to work on today so that will keep me busy!

I actually have a project that I just finished that I'm gonna post on Craftster in a few days....it was a bigger project, I'll keep you guys posted  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://lostmittenblog.blogspot.com - my crafting blog
http://www.flickr.com/lost_mitten - my flickr
I'm Craftster's August 2009 Featured Needlework Artist!

(Mini) Nerd Swap - sign-ups right now! http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=342519.0
hollylynne

step away from the cashmere

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5289 on: July 10, 2008 03:56:58 PM »

pinkangel, good luck w/ the new shop! the cards are totally cute!

sarasvati, i've been working on some bigger/non-etsy type projects too in my downtime Smiley  I just posted one of mine . .  I'll keep an eye out for yours!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 527 528 [529] 530 531 ... 570 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Canon XSi/450D: Set for Panoramic Scene
Canon XSi/450D: Set for Night Portrait Scene
Canon XSi/450D: Set for Night Landscape Scene
Canon XSi/450D: Set for Museum Scene
Canon XSi/450D: Set for Macro/Close-up Scene
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Molded Hot Glue
More Amazing Matchboxes
Meatless Monday: Pumpkin Spice Latte

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...