A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Fanatic Friends of Craftster now have the ability to disable ads on Craftster! Read more here.
Total Members: 302,574
Currently Running With Scissors:
686 Guests and 30 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 453 454 [455] 456 457 ... 570
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: How's your Etsy shop doing now?  (Read 271524 times)
Tags for this thread: etsy  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

barbolot
Tutorial Contributor

A dead thing can go with the stream, but only a living thing can go against it.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4540 on: November 18, 2007 06:27:40 AM »

snowyangel, those pet stockings are so cute!  It's no wonder they're selling like that!

Congrats, phizzychick!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

stoliedina
« Reply #4541 on: November 20, 2007 01:13:48 PM »

I haven't posted in this thread in FOREVER - but I just did a little shop update, so I thought I'd pop in. This is always the part that I hate - the waiting - for a first sale. I think I've only gotten a sale immediately after an update like one time...so wait I will.

I took a long hiatus from my shop, but now I have a new little shop "mission" so to speak - I think it will help me think of Etsy as less of a hobby and more of a viable source of income. Anywho...blabbering . That's where my shop is at!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

shimma shimma, glimma glimma, c'mere let me give you a lil' shhhparkle. - me Smiley

http://www.geekxnerd.com/
http://geekxnerd.etsy.com
hollylynne

step away from the cashmere

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4542 on: November 20, 2007 02:57:51 PM »

phizzy i love the peas cards! I hope you sell tons of them.

stoliedina, etsy CAN totally be a source of income, even if you're not sellling tons.  i've saved every cent i've made selling on Etsy in a special, dedicated savings account and the number now is actually pretty darn satisfying!  granted, i'm using my own spending money buying craft supplies, but honestly, i'd do that anyways  Cheesy

so, big landmark yesterday, i had my 100th sale! (and 101st Smiley) i'm really excited to have hit that mark! my goal was to hit it by the end of the year, so i'm ever so slightly ahead of schedule Smiley

i'm gearing up to put my free shipping pre holiday sale in action, and i'm listing TONS (like, woah!) . . . i listed 2 items on saturday, 2 sunday, 5 yesterday (but 2 were custom orders), and i've got 7 to list today but i think i might only list 6 . . . i don't think i can bear selling one of the necklaces i made last night so i'm going to have to keep it! Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

kishcrafts
I can make almost anything out of polymer clay! :P

me and Kellan Lutz!

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #4543 on: November 20, 2007 03:09:32 PM »

hollylynne congrats on hitting the 100th sale (and 101!)!!

I am almost there, 3 sales away from that mark as well. I too have saved every cent from my etsy shop, I only started selling on march 31st, and I have pretty much accomplished everything I wanted to as far as this year goes. I am having a FREE SHIPPING and FREE GIFT sale on Black Friday and probably throughout the weekend.

I hope everyone is doing well and succeeding! Good luck with the Black Friday sales!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I still sell my clay crafts...email me if you are interested in ordering something. kishcrafts@gmail.com
jeweledmonkey
« Reply #4544 on: November 20, 2007 03:15:27 PM »

Congrats, hollylynne! That's great!

I want to see what happens with my store closer to the Holiday season. I looked at spreadsheets from last year for this month and I am way below what it was then. It seems like the competition in jewelry is brutal now. I am having a baby so my focus is really not what it used to be. All I can think about is baby! So I don't mind if I am not too busy I guess.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Joyful Abode
domesticity by trial and error

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4545 on: November 20, 2007 05:56:51 PM »

I just uploaded some of my illustrated recipe cards to my etsy a couple days ago, and the same day someone ordered three packs (and an apron)!!! I was SO excited!

Hopefully lots of other people like the recipe cards too. I'm really thinking I might go more into the illustration aspect (recipe cards, stationery...) than I have previously.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Joyful Abode
- Domesticity by trial and error

Joyful Abode Shop - military stationery, kitchen linens, accessories, and more!
sewbettie
« Reply #4546 on: November 20, 2007 08:24:39 PM »

Congrats all! Especially on your new baby Jeweled Monkey!

I am 11 sales away from my goal of 50 sales by the new year. We (my bf and I) just started selling screen printed shirts yesterday. We listed one and it sold already so I was really excited.

We bought a showcase in the patterns section too - we got one sale so it probably wasn't worth it (since the sale was only $1 more than the listing). We had another showcase today in the supplies section (I was hoping to sell one of our DIY button ring kits) but so far it hasn't sold.

Have you tried the showcases in the categories?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Blog: http://craftyourselfrich.blogspot.com/
Etsy Shop: http://www.sewbettie.etsy.com

Sew Bettie is a collection of limited edition fabric, sewing tutorials and crafty kits.
motleycruiser
Anitsocial Butterfly

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4547 on: November 20, 2007 09:07:33 PM »

wow I think you guys may have passed some of your good sales karma my way.

I listed 2 hats before we went to see Beowulf & when we got back I had sold 3 items. Not bad....I'll take listing 2 and selling 3, great return  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

hollylynne

step away from the cashmere

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4548 on: November 20, 2007 09:51:36 PM »

thanks guys! 
Jeweled Monkey CONGRATS about the baby!!!  how exciting!!!!
Its so exciting to watch everyones sales pick up!  hoorray for holiday shoppers Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

ellenade
« Reply #4549 on: November 21, 2007 04:18:02 AM »

Hi all, I've been out of the etsy business for AGES but now I'm back... how's everyone being going....?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 453 454 [455] 456 457 ... 570 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Dark Horse Book Trailer by Ralph Reed
Anthony Dias Blue Talks About Pocket Guide to Wine
The Bell Messenger Book Trailer by Robert Cornuke
The Christmas Sweater Book Trailer by Glenn Beck
Heroin Diaries by Nikki Sixx of Motley Crue
Latest Blog Articles
Spotlight on: Book Making & Binding
@Home This Weekend: Magical Fairy Garden
DIY Summer

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...