A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you have an idea for improving the Craftster swap process?  Suggest and discuss it here on the Talk About The Swap Process board.
Total Members: 305,032
Currently Running With Scissors:
604 Guests and 21 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 366 367 [368] 369 370 ... 570
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: How's your Etsy shop doing now?  (Read 305943 times)
Tags for this thread: etsy  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Modus Operandi
Paint Hussie

handpainted and repurposed vintage items

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #3670 on: June 14, 2007 09:41:08 AM »

Congrats BeaG! That's wonderful and a huge order. Is that your largest order?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Check out my Etsy shops! http://www.enamor.etsy.com

enamorweddingshttp://www.enamorweddings.etsy.com

Pinteresthttp
BeaG
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Hi from Belgium!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3671 on: June 14, 2007 09:43:11 AM »

Yes it is. And this is supposed to be a slow time for sales... It took my by surprise.
I still have a big smile on my face.
BeaG
THIS ROCKS   Logged

mommys little badass

A life lived for others is a life worthwhile.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3672 on: June 14, 2007 11:25:40 AM »

Congrats BeaG!

I also just had a big purchase, 3 items. Yippee! The same person also requested a tote that I put on my blog. It wasn't even finished yet! Anyway, you can see the totes here;

http://smallpackages.typepad.com/small_packages/2007/06/summertime.html

I started a blog a couple months ago and I am hooked. It really takes a lot of effort, but its totally worth it.

Who else has a blog here? I'd love to add to my list and its so great for networking!

thanks!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
jeweledmonkey
« Reply #3673 on: June 14, 2007 11:55:31 AM »

frogeyesalad: Regarding the outage issues and category problems, the problems are ongoing but if you list everyday and check on your listings every once in a while you know when the categories isn't working properly. It seems to me that people know that the site is run by a few people and that the fees are extremely low for the product because they know the issues they will have being understaffed and with a low budget. I don't think people will jump into another selling venue online any time soon. No other place competes with the price and exposure you get with Etsy. Even with the issues yesterday I still sold a fair amount and because I wasn't listing as much I ended up buying a buttload (can I say that?) of supplies on there. So, my opinion is that yes, it sucks but where else would I go? Definetely not FeeBay.

BeaG: Congrats on the large order! That's awesome!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

tomatedepingles
Recycled jewelry?

How eco-chic!

« Reply #3674 on: June 14, 2007 12:33:09 PM »

Who else has a blog here? I'd love to add to my list and its so great for networking!

I do!
its www.tomatedepingles.blogspot.com
i work hard at it, and i'm totaly hooked too Smiley
i try to update it every week day, and to feature an artisan i admire once a week
THIS ROCKS   Logged

LittleJoi
« Reply #3675 on: June 14, 2007 12:58:42 PM »

I have a blog. http://www.DeliciousStitches.blogspot.com Most of my posts are related to knitting but I have a little bit of other stuff thrown in there too.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Blog: Sweet crafty goodness from me to you http://www.deliciousstitches.blogspot.com/
frogeyesalad

Texting from a few feet away? For shame!

View Profile
« Reply #3676 on: June 14, 2007 01:52:13 PM »

frogeyesalad: Regarding the outage issues and category problems, the problems are ongoing but if you list everyday and check on your listings every once in a while you know when the categories isn't working properly. It seems to me that people know that the site is run by a few people and that the fees are extremely low for the product because they know the issues they will have being understaffed and with a low budget. I don't think people will jump into another selling venue online any time soon. No other place competes with the price and exposure you get with Etsy. Even with the issues yesterday I still sold a fair amount and because I wasn't listing as much I ended up buying a buttload (can I say that?) of supplies on there. So, my opinion is that yes, it sucks but where else would I go? Definetely not FeeBay.

I'm not planning on going anywhere, it's just a bummer that my items still don't show up in searches, and that it is so hard to get any straight answers. I thought since I hadn't listed since Monday I would be ok, but it's older items that are missing now.
Plus fees are low, but they aren't what I would call low budget- only 2 years and they are projecting making profit by the fall (meaning after covering salaries) is pretty good. I much prefer etsy to any other site, I just wish that information was more forthcoming, like a business site should be.
And the forums are too mean and hostile to really talk about it:)

congrats BeaG on your order, that's fantastic!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
slb2724
« Reply #3677 on: June 14, 2007 02:14:00 PM »

Well, the school year is over as of yesterday, so for 3 months there will be no making ceramics items. I'm bummd out about that....but I did make 2 more business card holders, 1 doughnut (I was bored) and 14 pendant/ornaments to list over that period.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://www.beadsnthings.etsy.com

"I've ot a jar of dirt! And guess whats inside it!"-Jack Sparrow
knittinkitten
50's housewife with a tongue piercing

A girl can never have too many scarves...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3678 on: June 14, 2007 03:03:59 PM »

Mine's right below in my signature.  But I'm thinking about switching over to blogspot (again) for a more cohesive and uncluttered look.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

TrashedClothing

You only wish you had a Yeti hat like me!

« Reply #3679 on: June 14, 2007 03:27:33 PM »

mommylittlebadass- Those bags are awesome. I hope you list lots on Etsy to choose from  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 366 367 [368] 369 370 ... 570 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Candy Corn Whoopie Pie
Kahlua Caramel Nutella Brownie Recipe
How to Make Slutty Brownies
Unbelievably Easy Chocolate Mousse Recipe
Pumpkin Spice Bread
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Thrifty Dog Bed
October 29, 2014 Featured Projects
Craft Challenge #103, Foodie Frenzy 2 Winner

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...