A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Please remember to SEARCH before asking a question that may have already been answered. Thanks!
Total Members: 297,505
Currently Running With Scissors:
468 Guests and 14 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 335 336 [337] 338 339 ... 570
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: How's your Etsy shop doing now?  (Read 295397 times)
Tags for this thread: etsy  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

BeaG
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Hi from Belgium!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3360 on: May 08, 2007 02:53:03 PM »

Oh, wow, thank you Scoulson! I had not seen it yet.
BeaG
THIS ROCKS   Logged

hollyg9211

9 out of 10 ninjas agree...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3361 on: May 08, 2007 05:04:53 PM »

Hey all,
I haven't posted in a while but i had a question for you gals,  i just had a wholesale inquiry.  My question is who does wholesale and what are your minimum purchase amounts? Obviously my items will be 50% of retail price but I'm not sure what my minimum order should be.  Also, are there any other important things i should consider before contacting this lady back?   
I don't have a minium order but I do offer wholesale.  Usually, a shop will place a decent sized order the first time.  The follow up orders might be lesser.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Shop for KiWi Cuties apparel at
http://www.kiwicuties.etsy.com
believer10
« Reply #3362 on: May 08, 2007 08:33:35 PM »

wow guys, thanks for all the responses so far.  I am going to contact the lady tonight, mostly to see what it is for (a store/or if she wants something in bulk for something else)  but i have taken it into consideration when making my prices (i will be paid for my time and the cost of supplies). but good point made about getting most of the money upfront.  I have contract outlines drawn up for my illustrations, really, the same methods could be applied here for this if anything ends up happening.  Thanks all for the replies and any one else's input is always welcome! 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

BeaG
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Hi from Belgium!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3363 on: May 08, 2007 10:51:07 PM »

My front page Lego brooch sold, together with another Lego brooch and a Lego bracelet. Of course it took me off the frontpage, but I am very happy with it anyway.
BeaG
THIS ROCKS   Logged

jeweledmonkey
« Reply #3364 on: May 09, 2007 04:13:35 AM »

Congrats, BeaG! Smiley  The brooch was adorable.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

perilously_divine
Moi

Keep on Rock'n in the Craft World

View Profile
« Reply #3365 on: May 09, 2007 04:29:20 AM »

Congrats BeaG. I seen that on there yesterday. Good Idea BTW.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
tomatedepingles
Recycled jewelry?

How eco-chic!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #3366 on: May 09, 2007 06:30:01 AM »

Congrats BeaG!
The brooch isn't on the front page, but the link to the treasury still is Smiley

OK so my shop hasn't moved since yesterday Wink but i wanted to share:
what do you guys think of this?
I'm SO excited about them
They are made with the scraps that i get from sewing my vintage silk cuffs
my mother laughed so hard when i told her i was recycling even the scraps, but i think it turned out real nice Smiley
i even think maybe i may be the first one to think of this  Roll Eyes (until i see a similar pair somewhere on the net and my hopes of having an actual original never before seen idea is crushed hehehe)
« Last Edit: January 04, 2010 09:16:33 AM by jungrrl - Reason: fixed a coding issue » THIS ROCKS   Logged

NessaGurl
« Reply #3367 on: May 09, 2007 06:37:30 AM »

Wholesale exists specifically because of the mass production of goods.  Mass production means basically that if you add more machines indefinitely making the stuff, you can theoretically meet just about any demand, and that if you're selling a whole lot of something you're making a whole lot of money even if each item only makes you a tiny profit.   

Essentially I think that places like Etsy, and markets, and anywhere that connects the buyer with the maker/seller, are eliminating the whole process that made "wholesale" vs. "retail" exist  (Which is a good thing, in my books).   I know I've annoyed some people saying this, on the Etsy forums, but I think it's true.  We are not a retail venue, or a wholesale venue, we are something completely outside of that system (or, I am, anyway).   I don't mark my items up to twice what I want to make off of them to match what retail would cost.. I feel as though that would be strange and not altogether ethical.  Also, they're made by me.  I can only make so many of them,  so the price I want is the price I want.. if you buy a lot, I don't have any more to sell at the normal price, and I can't MAKE anymore (cuz there's only so many hours in a day) so by giving wholesale discounts I'm effectively making less money for the same amount of work. 

I've got 15 bears and no time to make more, why would I ask less money for those bears?     So I don't do it.   Wink

I think I would have to agree with you Tiph... I wouldn't be able to make enough product to make it worth my while, and it wouldn't be any  cheaper to sell wholesale... so if they want wholesale stuff... they would have to buy at the prices listed. I can't afford to give it away.

Nessa
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Check out my Etsy Shop...
http://thislittlebird.etsy.com 

My Wist
http://www.wists.com/ThisLittleBird

I would love to do a personal swap for Quality, well made felt or crochet play foods for my daughter... contact me if you are interested. Check out my shop to see what I could make for you
Modus Operandi
Paint Hussie

handpainted and repurposed vintage items

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #3368 on: May 09, 2007 06:41:40 AM »

Congrats on the front page BeaG, it must have sold quickly!

Tomate: like the new creation...can't say I have seen anything like them. Always a good thing to use up those scraps!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Check out my Etsy shops! http://www.enamor.etsy.com

enamorweddingshttp://www.enamorweddings.etsy.com

Pinteresthttp
believer10
« Reply #3369 on: May 09, 2007 06:46:44 AM »

Tomate those earrings are hot!  What a great idea.  And i haven't seen anything like that around so maybe you cornered the market on those ones. You should try making rings with them too, or maybe a necklace if possible. 

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 335 336 [337] 338 339 ... 570 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Crochet for Beginners: How to Crochet Booties
How to Crochet Amigurumi
How to Crochet an Afghan
How to Crochet a Scarf
How to Crochet a Flower
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Seed Packet Gifts
Cooking: Honey Month
September 19th - Talk Like a Pirate Day!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...