A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
News:  Vote now for your favorite craft challenge entry!  THREE amazing Ticketmaster prizes up for grabs this month.  Who will get one?
Total Members: 301,653
Currently Running With Scissors:
572 Guests and 18 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 334 335 [336] 337 338 ... 570
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: How's your Etsy shop doing now?  (Read 355686 times)
Tags for this thread: etsy  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

TrashedClothing

You only wish you had a Yeti hat like me!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #3350 on: May 07, 2007 04:29:52 PM »

Modus- That's awesome. Congrats!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

slb2724
« Reply #3351 on: May 08, 2007 08:00:35 AM »

Luster, I think that's a great idea.  I would be interested!

I just got my thermofax fixed and was thinking about offering a thermofax service. A thermofax screen works almost exactly like a silkscreen. Basically you would send carbon based photocopies of your design. Ink jet or laser prints will not work. I could make copies in the right format for people if this is too dificult. I would then make a thermofax screen for you that you could use to silkscreen Tshirts, card etc.... I was thinking a 7 1/2 x 10 image would be $15. It would also be an aditional $5 for the screen stretcher, but that is reusable so you would only need one. I would also figure out a cheaper price for smaller screens. The turnaround time would be super quick also. Do you think anyone would be interested?  It would make printing custom stuff super easy!

woah! that would be awesome!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://www.beadsnthings.etsy.com

"I've ot a jar of dirt! And guess whats inside it!"-Jack Sparrow
PinkyK
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3352 on: May 08, 2007 09:24:34 AM »

One of my trays made the apartment therapy web site!

http://chicago.apartmenttherapy.com/chicago/scavenger/etsy-scavenger-small-stuff-022467

I'm freeeaaaaking out!

Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

tomatedepingles
Recycled jewelry?

How eco-chic!

« Reply #3353 on: May 08, 2007 09:44:00 AM »

congrats Modus and Pinky!

my shop is on slow-motion... so i'm promoting like crazy! hope something turns up

incase you'd like to know
all the items i listed in "accessories" (my cuffs) all get much less views than my "jewelry", even though there is 10 times more stuff in the jewelry category...
food for thoughts Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

GraceOblivious

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3354 on: May 08, 2007 10:14:03 AM »

Yea PinkyK - that is awesome.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Etsy http://www.feltsewcrafty.etsy.com
Zibbet http://www.zibbet.com/aTranquilNook
Blog http://aTranquilNook.blogspot.com/
Oh how I love to Sew and Make felt
believer10
« Reply #3355 on: May 08, 2007 10:39:03 AM »

Hey all,

I haven't posted in a while but i had a question for you gals,  i just had a wholesale inquiry.  My question is who does wholesale and what are your minimum purchase amounts? Obviously my items will be 50% of retail price but I'm not sure what my minimum order should be.  Also, are there any other important things i should consider before contacting this lady back?   

You guys help is always appreciated!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

PinkyK

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3356 on: May 08, 2007 10:58:44 AM »

Believer - My prices are already so low that I would have to tell the wholesaler that they are wholesale prices.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

tomatedepingles
Recycled jewelry?

How eco-chic!

« Reply #3357 on: May 08, 2007 11:32:25 AM »

i wouldnt give such a substancial rebate if it was me, because my profit margin is so low, and my "salary" is next to nothing

i sold 12 necklaces wholesale last month and gave 2$ less per item, the first two necklaces at full price...

i had a bad experience though, so i reccommend you state clearly what you want and what you wont do, ask her to state clearly what she wants and her deadline, and ask for a large amount of the money upfront

i had a flacky buyer, who changed his mind every other minute, and almost backed out of everything once the items where ready to ship, so making things clear on the get go would of been a plus
THIS ROCKS   Logged

tiph_thompson

Can't. Stop. Making. Things.

« Reply #3358 on: May 08, 2007 12:10:02 PM »

I've thought about the whole notion of wholesaling quite a bit, because I keep getting asked about "discounts on large purchases" ... Usually I'm like.. uh.. have you seen my store?  There's never more than 15-20 things in it at once, exactly how large are we talking about? Wink   But philosophically this is where I'm at:

Wholesale exists specifically because of the mass production of goods.  Mass production means basically that if you add more machines indefinitely making the stuff, you can theoretically meet just about any demand, and that if you're selling a whole lot of something you're making a whole lot of money even if each item only makes you a tiny profit.   

Essentially I think that places like Etsy, and markets, and anywhere that connects the buyer with the maker/seller, are eliminating the whole process that made "wholesale" vs. "retail" exist  (Which is a good thing, in my books).   I know I've annoyed some people saying this, on the Etsy forums, but I think it's true.  We are not a retail venue, or a wholesale venue, we are something completely outside of that system (or, I am, anyway).   I don't mark my items up to twice what I want to make off of them to match what retail would cost.. I feel as though that would be strange and not altogether ethical.  Also, they're made by me.  I can only make so many of them,  so the price I want is the price I want.. if you buy a lot, I don't have any more to sell at the normal price, and I can't MAKE anymore (cuz there's only so many hours in a day) so by giving wholesale discounts I'm effectively making less money for the same amount of work.  I've got 15 bears and no time to make more, why would I ask less money for those bears?     So I don't do it.   Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My sewing machine brings all the boys to the yard.

You'll find the fruits of my labor here:
www.odkins.etsy.com

Great vintage fabrics, books, supplies:
www.TheHaps.etsy.com
scoulson

The Horror! The Horror!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3359 on: May 08, 2007 02:47:16 PM »

congrats BeaG, i saw your lego brooch on the front page today Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 334 335 [336] 337 338 ... 570 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Canon A610/A620: Set for Product Photography
Canon A610/A620: Set for Portrait Scene
Canon A610/A620: Set for People-in-Landscape Scene
Canon A610/A620: Set for Indoor Scene
Canon A610/A620: Set for Panoramic Scene
Latest Blog Articles
Get Lost in a Book
Meatless Monday: Banana-Pineberry Bread
@Home This Weekend: Souvenir Tea Towel Pillow

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...