A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Please remember to SEARCH before asking a question that may have already been answered. Thanks!
Total Members: 297,060
Currently Running With Scissors:
527 Guests and 13 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 313 314 [315] 316 317 ... 570
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: How's your Etsy shop doing now?  (Read 282005 times)
Tags for this thread: etsy  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

hollyg9211

9 out of 10 ninjas agree...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3140 on: April 20, 2007 08:15:06 AM »

Anyway, I dont see why you would doubt anything (related to etsy at least)....What are you doubting?

Doubting that I have what it takes to make this into a career. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Shop for KiWi Cuties apparel at
http://www.kiwicuties.etsy.com
Serendipity Crafts
Serendipity Crafts

Elizabeth & Hugh

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3141 on: April 20, 2007 08:46:47 AM »

Anyway, I dont see why you would doubt anything (related to etsy at least)....What are you doubting?

Doubting that I have what it takes to make this into a career. 

Hard work, word of mouth, a quality product, persistance and time is what is necessary. Lots of time! Your stuff is lovely - don't give up.

I have been selling crafts for 17 years but only online for just under two. Our web site is just starting to bring in continuous business.

My husband and I both have day jobs and if we didn't have a mountain of debt then I would have quit my job a long time ago. We aren't there yet but, almost. If a decent part time job came along, I would take it. Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Elizabeth & Hugh
Personalized Signature Platters & Souvenir Plates
Serendipity-Crafts.com
Serendipity-Crafts Photo Gallery
Etsy Store
hollyg9211

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3142 on: April 20, 2007 09:06:48 AM »

Hard work, word of mouth, a quality product, persistance and time is what is necessary. Lots of time! Your stuff is lovely - don't give up.

Thank you (17 yrs...wow!) I'm not giving up.  Even if I can't turn this into a career, I'll still keep it as a sideline.  If nothing else, it provides an outlet for my need to create. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

GraceOblivious
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3143 on: April 20, 2007 09:29:58 AM »

HA! Holly go read your buyer feedback -- it is awesome!  Plus look at what you are selling, the ninja things you started with are still going strong and picking up.  PLUS the new lines - the prints are beginning to take off.

Are you on a street team?  Do you have a flickr account and join groups there?  Buy an ad here on Craftster? - I started getting things from Knittydirtygirl because of seeing her ads in the side bar here.  While I'm certainly not highly successful on Etsy, I attribute that to not doing much more than having a store and adding items occassionally.  I do see others doing quite well incorporating the above strategies into their marketing plan.

Best wishes.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Etsy http://www.feltsewcrafty.etsy.com
Zibbet http://www.zibbet.com/aTranquilNook
Blog http://aTranquilNook.blogspot.com/
Oh how I love to Sew and Make felt
Serendipity Crafts
Serendipity Crafts

Elizabeth & Hugh

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3144 on: April 20, 2007 09:30:58 AM »

Thank you (17 yrs...wow!)

LOL yeah - it kind of freaked me out when I just did the math Smiley Only the last two have been super intensive. Before that, I concentrated on craft shows .... now it's all about the web site.

I have also changed products so, I can't even say that I have been trying to sell the same stuff all this time.

Just look at the # of sales that you have ...... that doesn't suggest to me that people "somewhat" like your stuff ...... that means that people LOVE your stuff!
« Last Edit: April 20, 2007 09:32:56 AM by Serendipity Crafts » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Elizabeth & Hugh
Personalized Signature Platters & Souvenir Plates
Serendipity-Crafts.com
Serendipity-Crafts Photo Gallery
Etsy Store
Modus Operandi
Paint Hussie

handpainted and repurposed vintage items

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #3145 on: April 20, 2007 09:52:15 AM »

Guess who I just sold my Deirdra Doe frame to?
A representative from SANRIO! She could be a fan of my character OR she may want to turn Deirdra into a new licensed character (even though they already have Deary Lou)....no idea, but I got excited when I saw Sanrio, Inc. on the address she gave. Grin
I will keep you all posted!

Perfect timing too, because I have a bunch of new characters I'm going to be introducing in the next few weeks: a whale, a dog, a turtle, a lion, a dragon and an elephant to name a few.

Otherwise, sales have been slow for April, but then again I haven't listed much either. I took all my sale prices down earlier today and restored original prices on things.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Check out my Etsy shops! http://www.enamor.etsy.com

enamorweddingshttp://www.enamorweddings.etsy.com

Pinteresthttp
SonjaBoo
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Bring it on

Napper extraordinaire

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #3146 on: April 20, 2007 11:45:26 AM »

Modus, that is fabulous!  I will keep my fingers crossed for you -- maybe we'll be seeing "Hello Dierdra" pretty soon...  Grin

hollyg, I think we all have that feeling sometimes.  I personally have had the self-doubt week from hell this week, for whatever reason.  But I know you can totally do this -- your stuff is amazing and people love it!  I think the next step for you would be to try to submit your work to a company somewhere -- some place that might make stationary or wrapping paper, etc.  (Ninja wrapping paper, how sweet would that be?)  I know that's a lot easier for me to say than it is to actually do -- and I'm not even sure how one goes about doing that.  But I think that you have some really fun characters that you have created and the broader public would be very receptive to them.  (I don't say this as someone who has marketing experience -- just as a crafter and shopaholic.  Grin)

slb2724, I totally wouldn't lower your prices -- I think they are extremely reasonable!

I have a question for you all regarding pricing -- I am going to be listing these magnets today (and sporadically through the week) but am not sure what is too high/too low for a magnet.  They are made with stamps from St. Vincent and feature different parts of the story of King Arthur and the Knights of the Round Table.  Thus, I call them the "Magnets of the Round Table."  I was thinking $6 each -- they are 2"x2".   Any feedback would be much appreciated!

THIS ROCKS   Logged

hollyg9211

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3147 on: April 20, 2007 12:06:01 PM »

But I think that you have some really fun characters that you have created and the broader public would be very receptive to them.  (I don't say this as someone who has marketing experience -- just as a crafter and shopaholic.  )

Well, that makes you my target market Smiley
Thanks for the lovefest gang.  I needed it today.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

LuxieLou

sewing & polymer clay <3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3148 on: April 20, 2007 12:32:44 PM »

SLB = don't lower your prices.

I kinda want to vent a drop - I had an Etsy buyer contact me about a custom tote bag order. She had a ton of different sizes she wanted quotes for and wanted 3-4 interior pockets. I gave her quotes for about 5 different sizes ( she asked for more than that) because that's what I could do with the particular fabric she wanted. The highest price I gave was $30 because it was a basic tote, but she wanted a lot of pockets and all prices would be $1 extra for a magnetic snap closure. She came back and said she couldn't imagine spending so much she hoped for $10-15! Other etsy sellers sell at that price. UGH! I'm just kinda annoyed that sellers do underprice like that. I mean seriously I am not a freakin sweatshop. Am I unreasonable to think that I deserve more than 5 bucks an hour for good craftsmanship?? I make quality products. Not to mention their is a cost for fabric!

And if she took a look around my shop she would see I have never listed a bag for less than $20 and it was a small bag. What a waste of my time!
End rant.  Undecided
THIS ROCKS   Logged

slb2724
« Reply #3149 on: April 20, 2007 01:18:51 PM »

SLB = don't lower your prices.

I kinda want to vent a drop - I had an Etsy buyer contact me about a custom tote bag order. She had a ton of different sizes she wanted quotes for and wanted 3-4 interior pockets. I gave her quotes for about 5 different sizes ( she asked for more than that) because that's what I could do with the particular fabric she wanted. The highest price I gave was $30 because it was a basic tote, but she wanted a lot of pockets and all prices would be $1 extra for a magnetic snap closure. She came back and said she couldn't imagine spending so much she hoped for $10-15! Other etsy sellers sell at that price. UGH! I'm just kinda annoyed that sellers do underprice like that. I mean seriously I am not a freakin sweatshop. Am I unreasonable to think that I deserve more than 5 bucks an hour for good craftsmanship?? I make quality products. Not to mention their is a cost for fabric!

And if she took a look around my shop she would see I have never listed a bag for less than $20 and it was a small bag. What a waste of my time!
End rant.  Undecided

I hate that. So much of the stuff i make i wont sell because i would want to get more than a buck an hour.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://www.beadsnthings.etsy.com

"I've ot a jar of dirt! And guess whats inside it!"-Jack Sparrow
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 313 314 [315] 316 317 ... 570 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Beauty Test Lab: Amika Triple Barrel Pro-Curler Set
How to Get Beachy Waves
How To Curl Your Hair With A Flat Iron
Tips for Parting Your Hair
DIY Runway-Worthy Ponytail
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Decoupaged Table Top
August 20, 2014 Featured Projects
Tute Tuesday: Faux Cross Stitch Sweatshirt

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...