A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Join us for fun, contests and discussions on Craftster's Facebook page!
Total Members: 295,087
Currently Running With Scissors:
547 Guests and 12 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 149 150 [151] 152 153 ... 570
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: How's your Etsy shop doing now?  (Read 264939 times)
Tags for this thread: etsy  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

PinkyK
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1500 on: January 16, 2007 11:45:17 AM »

I haven't added anything new lately either, although I have ideas. You all must have more time on your hands than I do because I just can't seem to get any for-sale-crafting in. I am, however, getting some gift items and swap items done. I got so involved in making things for my store the last three months of last year, I nearly forgot how much fun it is to make things to give. I wish my store was doing better, but I'm still a happy craftin' camper.  Cool

I stopped swapping to work on things for my store.  Embarrassed  I tend to work on etsy items in spurts then gifts then etsy then gifts.....etc.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

lasandri
originator of the term "crackster", as in craftster is like crack.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1501 on: January 16, 2007 12:14:39 PM »

thank you grace, tomate and missamorphosis!

i don't expect to win, but it was one of my goals for the school vacation to actually enter something... and tomate, thanks for reminding me about people throwing away pennies every year! i will add info like that to my listing!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

scoulson

The Horror! The Horror!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1502 on: January 16, 2007 01:28:26 PM »

holy crap.  i just sold my cicada necklace for $380.00  Grin i put a price on it that would make parting with it easier for me to handle.  i love that necklace and never thought that anyone would pay that much for it.  i am still in shock.  she says she is going to wear it to burning man and will refer people to me who ask about it.  i'm still a little nervous that its a mistake or someone stole her paypal account password (mines been stolen twice before, and $200 taken out of my bank account), she has no feedback on etsy yet, but she already paid and wrote that note about burning man and her outfit being inspired by cicadas.  i don't think someone would say all that if they stole someone elses account.  i might send her an email, just in case.  i need to take a few deep breaths, as i'm still in shock.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

knitting_nyxxie
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #1503 on: January 16, 2007 01:34:28 PM »

WOW WOW congrats
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Are you in Middle TN Join us TN Craftsters!
Wist
hollyg9211

9 out of 10 ninjas agree...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1504 on: January 16, 2007 01:45:50 PM »

holy crap.  i just sold my cicada necklace for $380.00  Grin i put a price on it that would make parting with it easier for me to handle.  i love that necklace and never thought that anyone would pay that much for it.  i am still in shock.  she says she is going to wear it to burning man and will refer people to me who ask about it.  i'm still a little nervous that its a mistake or someone stole her paypal account password (mines been stolen twice before, and $200 taken out of my bank account), she has no feedback on etsy yet, but she already paid and wrote that note about burning man and her outfit being inspired by cicadas.  i don't think someone would say all that if they stole someone elses account.  i might send her an email, just in case.  i need to take a few deep breaths, as i'm still in shock.

WOW! Congrats.  It's a beautiful piece...a real work of art.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Shop for KiWi Cuties apparel at
http://www.kiwicuties.etsy.com
nico-tiro

Its Your Life!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1505 on: January 16, 2007 02:29:52 PM »

MY GOSH!! Congratulations!! What a lovely piece! its really artistic and i can totally see someone going to burning man wearing that esp. if their outfit is inspired by cicadas so awsome!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

tiph_thompson

Can't. Stop. Making. Things.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #1506 on: January 16, 2007 03:21:03 PM »

Scoulson - congratulations!!  That's an amazing piece.  People spend  A LOT of money for Burning Man....tickets cost hundreds, costumes, camping decorations, etc.  Two years ago my friend and I were commissioned to make a bicycle/canoe/thing ...like a canoe but pedalled by two people with handle-bars and brakes and four wheels.  It was solely for Burning Man, and the fellow paid us about three thousand dollars to make it.  I wouldn't doubt that the sale is genuine...just soak up the glory!!!  Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My sewing machine brings all the boys to the yard.

You'll find the fruits of my labor here:
www.odkins.etsy.com

Great vintage fabrics, books, supplies:
www.TheHaps.etsy.co m
missamorphosis
"The man who has no imagination has no wings."~ Muhammad Ali

Butterflies, Buttons, & Crochet--ah, life is good!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1507 on: January 16, 2007 04:30:37 PM »

I stopped swapping to work on things for my store.  Embarrassed  I tend to work on etsy items in spurts then gifts then etsy then gifts.....etc.
Looks like that's the way I'll end up being, too. I got drained trying to create something every other day or so just to keep my name somewhere near the middle/top. Now I just do what I can, when I can, although I really hope I get some of my items for Valentine's Day made and posted before NEXT V-day...lol.

scoulson, that is so awesome! Stories like yours are so encouraging, and it's great to see that people are buying handmade.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Shade Tree Crochet (crochet/craft blog)
Stitch-Stirrers - prompts and other fun things for the crocheter
GirlyGirlBags
« Reply #1508 on: January 16, 2007 05:10:36 PM »

I'm taking a little survey about my latest idea.  Baby head charms: cute or creepy?
http://www.flickr.com/photos/kiwicuties/359184335/

Too cute!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

ellenade
« Reply #1509 on: January 16, 2007 05:43:47 PM »

i JUST finished my upcyclebb entry! and got it in just in time. Photos are much crappier than my normal pics but i took them in a dark room, so they're a little fuzzy Sad

here it is, let me know what you think!
http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?listing_id=5233959

That is EXCELLENT!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 149 150 [151] 152 153 ... 570 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Twice Baked Potatoes Recipe
Sizzling Grilled Beef Strip Steak Recipe
Super Southern Creamy Corn Pudding Recipe
Sausage Cheese Balls with Sweet Dipping Mustard Recipe
Fettuccini Pizza Casserole Recipe
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Fairy Garden
CrafTATstic Crafty Tattoos: 30th Birthday Tattoo
April 17, 2014 Featured Projects

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...