A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: When you post a project, remember that you can always click the Modify button to edit the post and add additional information.
Total Members: 298,630
Currently Running With Scissors:
688 Guests and 16 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 120 121 [122] 123 124 ... 570
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: How's your Etsy shop doing now?  (Read 310025 times)
Tags for this thread: etsy  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

ellenade
« Reply #1210 on: January 02, 2007 10:29:55 PM »

So I really want to focus more on my handbag designs in my store in 2007. This is the first one I listed so far http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?listing_id=5174988
What do u think?

I still haven't sold anything in my Etsy store but in the last couple weeks my mom has sold 7 necklaces with my hearts on them (she has my stuff and her jewelry on display at her gym for free) and I received a custom order yesterday from a close family friend for 2 heart keychains and 2 heart magnets for Valentine's Day gifts. So that's starting '07 off right..hopefully my store will follow!

who's participated in the Sampler?  www.homeofthesampler.com What do u think of it?  February will be the first sampler I contribute to with heart keychains and charms. I'm really looking forward to it!

I really like your choice of lining - I love it when things (clothes, bags, etc) have pretty details on the inside as well as the outside!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

nico-tiro

Its Your Life!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1211 on: January 02, 2007 11:35:01 PM »

thanks for the reply jeweled monkey, nessagurl and tiph.
i think i am going to put a disclaimer or something. i dont really mind if they make stuff to sell on etsy just as long as they dont try to rip me and my ideas off. SHE OUTBID ME ON EBAY JUST NOW, freak. i convoed her and dont want her to be finding my bids and outbidding me coz i chose to buy that certain charm ya know? makes me so mad!! like ive had etsy sellers apologize to me coz they accidentally outbid me on ebay. i thought that was so crazy coz i couldnt know their username..! but now i totally appreciate it. she and me on the otherhand have the same user name on etsy and ebay Tongue i think i might just take out my supplies category all together. *shakes fist*
THIS ROCKS   Logged

nico-tiro

Its Your Life!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1212 on: January 02, 2007 11:39:09 PM »

i just noticed it says my shop name in her profile as a place where she got supplies from. i think that just makes me out to be a (bitch). argh.  Huh

im editing this coz i convod her and she was real cool and nice and respectable about it! she took down the earrings i sent her as supplies. loves that. so now i feel like a boob for freaking out and really, i should just wait for real life emergencies for freak out mode.
« Last Edit: January 03, 2007 12:02:02 AM by nico-tiro » THIS ROCKS   Logged

fearlessfibers
« Reply #1213 on: January 03, 2007 07:05:56 AM »

Hi all:

I had a thought stirring in my head that I wanted to share with all of you.  For those of you who frequent the Etsy forums, you may have noticed a rise in folks talking about bad buying experiences on Etsy.  It's only natural, given that the number of sellers has risen so sharply and also the number of abandoned shops on Etsy, but it got me to thinking about promos.

I know lots of folks ask for promos and share promos on Etsy, but is that really a good idea?  I think it's great if you know the seller a bit, such as the fellow Craftsters you know here or perhaps a seller you've purchased from the in the past.  BUT, when it's just a random seller on Etsy or even a group swap of promos, I got to wondering if it's really such a good idea to have your promos or biz cards or whatever it might be distributed by another seller you don't know.  What if that person provides rotten service or has a substandard product and YOUR biz card or discount offer is in the package they send out?  Or worse yet, what if you include someone else's promo in your package and then one of your customers has a lousy experience with that seller.  It's as though you referred them to the seller and then they got burned.  EEK!

Anyhow, maybe I'm just paranoid, but I thought I'd pose the thought here just as a caution.  There are plenty of wonderful Craftster sellers as well as a ton of reputable sellers with great reputations on Etsy to share promos with, so perhaps it's a good idea to be selective in promo swapping.

Just a rambling thought early this Wednesay morning ....

Everyone have a great day!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

kristiehaynes
« Reply #1214 on: January 03, 2007 07:08:08 AM »

I agree with fearless...I only share promo items that I've recieved from trusted sellers in packages when I have purchased from them...that way I know they're legit. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

curdburglar
« Reply #1215 on: January 03, 2007 08:16:02 AM »

Congratulations curdburglar!!

Thanks so much!! That shirt sold in record time and my site got a rush of hits. I will definitely be making more of this design!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

The Curd is the Whey
http://www.curdburglar.com
craft_t_chic
« Reply #1216 on: January 03, 2007 08:20:23 AM »

Same here with the promos...I have swapped with craftsters, but mostly, the promos that I have passed along are people I have personally bought from and they've included that cards in their packages.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I want your promo stickers...your fave local band, your etsy shop, your zine, a sticker you picked off a bar wall, or even bumper stickers! I'm covering a table & need stickers! PM me!

http://www.wists.com/craft_t_chic

Free gift with every purchase!
www.crafttchic.etsy.com
FineGirl
« Reply #1217 on: January 03, 2007 08:56:04 AM »

Yeah, I'm a little nervous about that too fearless. I haven't sent any cards or anything out for that reason.....
THIS ROCKS   Logged
tomatedepingles
Recycled jewelry?

How eco-chic!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #1218 on: January 03, 2007 09:10:53 AM »

thanks for all the positive comments on my rings!
I'll be listing some soon!

*shakes fist and throws a bead across the room*
HA! i love that one!  Cheesy

so anyway it just makes me think etsy like understaffed and doesn't really care about that kind of abuse/reports etc. at least not unless you call someout in the forums.
my thoughts exactly

who's participated in the Sampler?  www.homeofthesampler.com What do u think of it?  February will be the first sampler I contribute to with heart keychains and charms. I'm really looking forward to it!

i participated in the Holiday sampler!
i have had no sales since it was shipped out, so I'm not seeing any direct impact... but maybe in the long run? i hope so!
good luck to you!
heres some free tips i received after participating that would of been nice to know before Wink
1. sell a similar item in your shop (which i didn't do, and i guess it doesn't help... although i had other button items Huh)
2. keep your shop updated during the period of time people will be getting their samples... i couldn't, because it was the Holidays and personnal-bad-sad problems and i guess it must not have helped my sales
good luck to you!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

LuxieLou

sewing & polymer clay <3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1219 on: January 03, 2007 11:01:14 AM »

thanks for you feedback tomate! Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 120 121 [122] 123 124 ... 570 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Beauty Expert: Color of Your Walls Might Change the Way You Look
How to Take the Best Selfie
How to Wear White Eyeliner
The 4 Best Products for Contouring
How to Choose the Best Makeup Primer for Your Skin
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Paper Lantern/Ball Ornament
Falling for Autumn Crafts
Meatless Monday: Pumpkin Roll with Maple Cream Cheese Filling

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...