A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Fanatic Friends of Craftster now have the ability to disable ads on Craftster! Read more here.
Total Members: 297,706
Currently Running With Scissors:
650 Guests and 30 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 267 268 [269] 270 271 ... 570
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: How's your Etsy shop doing now?  (Read 298066 times)
Tags for this thread: etsy  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

BeaG
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Hi from Belgium!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2680 on: March 15, 2007 12:13:28 PM »

Thanks everybody!

Tomate, sorry my happy dance took the attention away from your pretty pretty earrings!

As for that wholesale inquiry: I would never go into business with her if the online boutique is not even up yet. I have told several of these persons to get back to me when they had their website up and running successfully. I never heard from any of them again.
I get a lot of requests for wholesaling, but my prices are too sharp already. I would have to do an awful lot of work for relatively little money. I prefer selling my items in my Etsy shop.
Perhaps in the future I will try and design some product lines purely for wholesale, so I don't have to compete with my own prices...
BeaG
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Serendipity Crafts
Serendipity Crafts

Elizabeth & Hugh

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2681 on: March 15, 2007 12:13:46 PM »

lol BeaG's achievement totaly made my earrings un-interesting Wink
my achievement: my etsy 1 year anniversary and i almost have 100 items sold! yay!

I NEED SOME ADVICE/HELP PLEASE  Huh

do you know anything about wholesale? can anyone help me figure it out?
i just received a convo on etsy that goes like this

I would like to buy items wholesale from you, for resale at my boutique store (web adress) please call me at (phone number)

the site is not online yet (just a coming soon page) and i havent made the long distance call yet

at first glance i think either its a hoax

but just in case its for real...
i think wholesale is not for me, because i do only one of a kind items i cannot repeat (my supplies are limited), so larger quantities are impossible, plus, my sister cannot help me at the moment so i am a one woman procution machine Wink

am i wrong to assume wholesale means he wants to buy a lot of stuff for only a few dollars?

I would be leery. Too little information given (ie they didn't mention what product) and the web page not up. With that said, you could try a reverse look up on the number to see what info you come up with. You can also google the name of the store/company to see if there is any more info to be found as well.

Wholesale can mean alot of stuff for little money but for people that do custom work/one of a kind, like us, it means they want a distributor discount.

My question to them would be what kind of quantities do you foresee ordering?  If you can fufill the quantities they require, and they agree to your price - it's alll good Smiley Just don't be pressured into making any split minute decisions. If they are legit, get the info and then tell them that you will work up a quote and email it to them/get back to them.  
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Elizabeth & Hugh
Personalized Signature Platters & Souvenir Plates
Serendipity-Crafts.com
Serendipity-Crafts Photo Gallery
Etsy Store
devilninny

isnt he adorable?

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #2682 on: March 15, 2007 12:15:36 PM »

in my opinion, i would only do wholesale if it were in an actual shop that got a lot of traffic. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

NessaGurl
« Reply #2683 on: March 15, 2007 12:37:08 PM »

i need some ADVICE/HELP please Huh

do you know anything about wholesale? can anyone help me figure it out?
i just received a convo on etsy that goes like this

I would like to buy items wholesale from you, for resale at my boutique store (web adress) please call me at (phone number)

the site is not online yet (just a coming soon page) and i havent made the long distance call yet

at first glance i think either its a hoax

but just in case its for real...
i think wholesale is not for me, because i do only one of a kind items i cannot repeat (my supplies are limited), so larger quantities are impossible, plus, my sister cannot help me at the moment so i am a one woman procution machine Wink

am i wrong to assume wholesale means he wants to buy a lot of stuff for only a few dollars?

I got a similar email a few months ago... if you want more info PM me. I didn't reply cause I can't afford to sell wholesale. They expect to pay at least half of what the item costs... and I haven't set my prices up to support that.

nessa
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Check out my Etsy Shop...
http://thislittlebird.etsy.com 

My Wist
http://www.wists.com/ThisLittleBird

I would love to do a personal swap for Quality, well made felt or crochet play foods for my daughter... contact me if you are interested. Check out my shop to see what I could make for you
BeaG

Hi from Belgium!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2684 on: March 15, 2007 12:45:46 PM »

Okay, make that 344 items sold...
I had a nasty non-paying customer that 'bought' six items. She pulled this trick before on another seller.
Bah!
BeaG
THIS ROCKS   Logged

LuxieLou

sewing & polymer clay <3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2685 on: March 15, 2007 12:57:53 PM »

Okay, make that 344 items sold...
I had a nasty non-paying customer that 'bought' six items. She pulled this trick before on another seller.
Bah!
BeaG

Bummer! does etsy admin do anything to their account since she has done this before? You'll be at 350 in no time Bea!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

BeaG

Hi from Belgium!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2686 on: March 15, 2007 01:03:05 PM »

I think (hope) she will be removed, because all she has now are 7 negative and 1 neutral feedback (she is a non-paying buyer only).
BeaG
THIS ROCKS   Logged

sarasvati

love for crafting!

« Reply #2687 on: March 15, 2007 01:51:28 PM »

hi everyone!

wow, that took me a little while to get caught up!  Smiley 

march has been a really slow month for me...maybe I just got used to having more sales before christmas, but it seems super slow to me!! 

since it has been so slow...would anyone be up to doing some trades?  it's so much fun trading, it makes it more fun than even selling sometimes because then you get something super cool in return!  send me an etsy convo or a pm if you're interested!  Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://lostmittenblog.blogspot.com - my crafting blog
http://www.flickr.com/lost_mitten - my flickr
I'm Craftster's August 2009 Featured Needlework Artist!

(Mini) Nerd Swap - sign-ups right now! http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=342519.0
craft_t_chic
« Reply #2688 on: March 15, 2007 02:47:12 PM »

Sarasvati, I'm always up for trades! (That goes for any of you! Smiley )

BeaG, that sucks about the non-paying buyer. Ya' gotta hate that! Angry

I just passed a milestone as well! Just had my one year anniversary (buying, not selling...I can't remember when I started selling!) and just passed 150 sales!

Things haven't been too bad lately...not crazy busy, but selling enough to support my etsy spending habits, as I recently decided that I would only buy something on etsy if I had enough in my paypal to cover it. It's working out quite well for me!

I'm doing a craft show at the end of March...I'm psyched about it! Should be fun...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I want your promo stickers...your fave local band, your etsy shop, your zine, a sticker you picked off a bar wall, or even bumper stickers! I'm covering a table & need stickers! PM me!

http://www.wists.com/craft_t_chic

Free gift with every purchase!
www.crafttchic.etsy.com
devilninny

isnt he adorable?

« Reply #2689 on: March 15, 2007 02:55:37 PM »

im into trades too, anytime!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 267 268 [269] 270 271 ... 570 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Crochet a Tire Tread Blanket Part 3/5
How to Crochet a Striped Blanket Method 2
How to Crochet a Tire Tread Blanket Part 1/5
How to Crochet a Tire Tread Blanket Part 2/5
How to Crochet a Thick Square Blanket Part 2/2
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Manicure for Halloween
"Z" is for Zombie!
Meatless Monday: Honey Roasted Parsnip Soup

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...