A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Join us for fun, contests and discussions on Craftster's Facebook page!
Total Members: 297,530
Currently Running With Scissors:
330 Guests and 10 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 241 242 [243] 244 245 ... 570
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: How's your Etsy shop doing now?  (Read 295469 times)
Tags for this thread: etsy  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Rocka311
« Reply #2420 on: March 04, 2007 12:52:12 PM »

Haha, thanks!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

nessarose
« Reply #2421 on: March 04, 2007 01:12:35 PM »

I must be feeling spring, too, since I just made and posted these:

They're the first earrings I've ever posted. :::fingers crossed:::
THIS ROCKS   Logged

dreamxon
« Reply #2422 on: March 04, 2007 02:12:32 PM »

those earrings are cute, nessarose

So far I'm having a good march.  I've made three sales so far.  Hopefully I won't jinx myself!

I still have a promotion going on,
Free (domestic) shipping for customers 92-99. The 100 customer will receive 25% off their entire purchase and other fun goodies! (Wait for a new invoice before paying!)

Plus I just listed this super cute ring

http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?listing_id=5489521 - sew me up ring
THIS ROCKS   Logged

devilninny

isnt he adorable?

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #2423 on: March 04, 2007 02:15:58 PM »

yummy earrings!

i just posted some vintage sally, dick, and jane cards.  hope they sell!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

BeaG
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Hi from Belgium!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2424 on: March 04, 2007 02:59:22 PM »

Sarasvati, nice to see you again!
And congrats on that freelance job!

Catsewg, welcome!  I will take a look at your shop as soon as you let us know the link (a clickable link in your signature would be perfect).

I have a request for all of you.
I just got a great new flatscreen for my also brandnew computer (my partner keeps spoiling me), but it made me realize that my old screen was really quite old and did probably not show colours accurately anymore. You might understand my disappointment when I took a look (on the new screen) at all my Etsy pictures, which took me hundreds of hours of photoshopping, and they were suddenly off-colour, every singel one of them. Most of them just too light and/or too bright. Some of them even showing completely wrong colours. I actually cried. There is no way I can retake and re-photoshop all of those pictures. My partner says it is okay and that a lot of you are using different screens and see the colours differently anyway. But he did not confince me completely (probably because I'm a perfectionist...).
So, a little test.
This lip balm holder is of a dark army green colour. On my new screen it appears grey, instead of green. http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?listing_id=5213144 What colour does it look like on your screen?
This one is of a darker purple, but looks like lilac to me now: http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?listing_id=5446828 How do you see it?
I could give many more examples.
I guess I am looking for some reassurance. That it is not as bad as I think it is.
After all I have hundreds of satisfied customers. And only once did I have a 'complaint' of a customer that bought a jeans coloured lip balm holder, but expected to receive a charcoal coloured one (she was happy with the jeans colour too and left positive feedback anyway).
You should have seen me putting all this effort into getting my pictures the exact right colour. The item lying in front of me and me photoshopping untill it was exactly the same colour. And now it seems like hundreds of hours of wasted work. Like I made the pictures actually worse then they were. Argh!
So, I would like to know what you think of the colours of the pictures in my shop. I would especially like to hear from former customers. Did you find the item you received did or did not resemble its picture?
Again, it is reassurance I need...
Thanks!
BeaG
THIS ROCKS   Logged

kattghoti
« Reply #2425 on: March 04, 2007 03:09:20 PM »

I see olive and deep purple.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Phizzychick
Paper Crafts, Scrapbooking, and ATCs Moderator
Tutorial Contributor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2426 on: March 04, 2007 03:10:48 PM »

I have an old screen, they look army green and dark purple to me! Smiley

Makes me wonder about my pictures now though! Undecided
THIS ROCKS   Logged

aliastriona_angerboda
Pirate Queen, Insane Woman, Complete Nerd

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2427 on: March 04, 2007 03:16:51 PM »

I have an old screen and I see army green and deep purple...but I'm going to go kick my brother off his new computer so I can check how colors look on his flat screen.

It's kind of worrying to think they could be different.

*Wow, flat screens are bright...the white background of Etsy feels like it's assaulting my eyes.  Yes, the colors on your pictures look washed out, but so do a lot of other things.  Suddenly I'm not so eager for a new computer...
« Last Edit: March 04, 2007 03:46:32 PM by aliastriona_angerboda » THIS ROCKS   Logged

astergirl
« Reply #2428 on: March 04, 2007 03:24:39 PM »

I have a 2-year-old iBook and I am seeing a greenish grey and lilac.  I know it can be disheartening to find that your colours look different on different monitors, but that's the way of life on the web.  I design websites for a living and my colours look different on every monitor...sometimes radically different.  The best you can do is provide a text description of the colour as you have done (in addition to the photo).   
THIS ROCKS   Logged
BeaG

Hi from Belgium!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2429 on: March 04, 2007 03:37:18 PM »

Thanks everybody!
And Astergirl, thanks for your suggestion!. I was thinking about giving colour descriptions in every listing from now on (although I find it hard to describe the exact colours since English is not my first language).
BeaG
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 241 242 [243] 244 245 ... 570 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Abbi Crutchfield at NYFW: Street Style Wisdom
Selena Gomez Sizzles in Lanvin
3 Totally Different Ways to Wear Cutoffs
5 Hottest Swimsuit Trends for Summer
How To Choose The Best Swimsuit For Your Body
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Seed Packet Gifts
Cooking: Honey Month
September 19th - Talk Like a Pirate Day!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...