A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you have an idea for improving the Craftster swap process?  Suggest and discuss it here on the Talk About The Swap Process board.
Total Members: 297,539
Currently Running With Scissors:
592 Guests and 14 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 160 161 [162] 163 164 ... 570
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: How's your Etsy shop doing now?  (Read 295497 times)
Tags for this thread: etsy  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

GraceOblivious
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1610 on: January 22, 2007 07:26:18 AM »

ha ha, personally my preference is the edgy one too.  But each has it's own appeal.  You have a wide range in your style and so have appeal to a variety of audience.  The trick is marketing to the audience - and how to show the range so all audiences will keep looking beyond the first page.  Also, figuring out what audiences are seeing the showcases and which store items to choose to bring new viewers to your site.

Best wishes.

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Etsy http://www.feltsewcrafty.etsy.com
Zibbet http://www.zibbet.com/aTranquilNook
Blog http://aTranquilNook.blogspot.com/
Oh how I love to Sew and Make felt
dreamxon
« Reply #1611 on: January 22, 2007 08:09:02 AM »

Okay, I need some critique / advice / i don't know what with this skirt

http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?listing_id=5261437

Its an old skirt I had that doesn't fit that great, so I just added some craft felt and beading to it to jazz it up a bit.  Is my decription okay?  my pricing?  Please give a bit of a critique if you don't mind.

THANKS!

I might price it a little cheaper. It's a second hand, previously worn skirt and although cute, the only thing that was added is craft felt and beads (is the craft felt wool or acrylic? The beads glass or plastic? Material quality affects price.). The beading looks good from what I can see but two words of advice: clean your mirror, and clean the floor around the mirror. First, its always hard to sell something that someone has worn previously, especially when theyre wearing it in the pictures youre trying to sell it from. Whether its concious or subconcious, its always off putting to know that it was previously worn (unless youre like me and shop second hand almost exclusively. but I'm just cheap Wink). Second, the fact that the mirror is dirty and spotty and the floor around you is cluttered makes it even less professional. If you're selling something that isnt 100% handcrafted, you want to make it look as professional as possible in order to draw in sales.

Other than that, cute Cheesy

Thanks for taking the time to answer me!  I prob. should have added that I only wore the skirt once or twice.  I never really liked it that much!  Anyway, I was excited to finish the stupid thing that I rushed to take pictures.  I didn't have anyone to take one of me, so hence the mirror picture. Anyway I took it down until I can get better pictures.

The pricing is where I'm torn.  I had the skirt, used craft felt, and tiny bugle beads, but the beading took about 1.5 - 2 hours.  I might just take the skirt down compeletly, or list it for super cheap.  I just want to get ride of the thing.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

vanillaxlight

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1612 on: January 22, 2007 08:11:22 AM »

Okay, I need some critique / advice / i don't know what with this skirt

http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?listing_id=5261437

Its an old skirt I had that doesn't fit that great, so I just added some craft felt and beading to it to jazz it up a bit.  Is my decription okay?  my pricing?  Please give a bit of a critique if you don't mind.

THANKS!

I might price it a little cheaper. It's a second hand, previously worn skirt and although cute, the only thing that was added is craft felt and beads (is the craft felt wool or acrylic? The beads glass or plastic? Material quality affects price.). The beading looks good from what I can see but two words of advice: clean your mirror, and clean the floor around the mirror. First, its always hard to sell something that someone has worn previously, especially when theyre wearing it in the pictures youre trying to sell it from. Whether its concious or subconcious, its always off putting to know that it was previously worn (unless youre like me and shop second hand almost exclusively. but I'm just cheap Wink). Second, the fact that the mirror is dirty and spotty and the floor around you is cluttered makes it even less professional. If you're selling something that isnt 100% handcrafted, you want to make it look as professional as possible in order to draw in sales.

Other than that, cute Cheesy

Thanks for taking the time to answer me!  I prob. should have added that I only wore the skirt once or twice.  I never really liked it that much!  Anyway, I was excited to finish the stupid thing that I rushed to take pictures.  I didn't have anyone to take one of me, so hence the mirror picture. Anyway I took it down until I can get better pictures.

The pricing is where I'm torn.  I had the skirt, used craft felt, and tiny bugle beads, but the beading took about 1.5 - 2 hours.  I might just take the skirt down compeletly, or list it for super cheap.  I just want to get ride of the thing.

You could always list it for free shipping or say its on sale or something - really upsell it so people would be crazy not to buy it.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I'm no longer a moderator, but I will always love June 2005 - October 2008

http://robotsinagrid.com
mizbabette

Ciara Loves You!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1613 on: January 22, 2007 10:04:17 AM »

Hi, everyone! I'm baaaaack! Smiley It's Ciara of Ciara Loves You! designs, and I was active on this thread for awhile last year. I took some time off to re-focus my energies on the types of things I wanted to be making (I started to feel a little bit like the Cat Toy Lady, entirely of my own doing, but still), and now Ciara Loves You! is back with a vengeance! Please see my new swag at http://ciaralovesyou.etsy.com, and if you have any suggestions or comments, I'd love to hear them!

Also, I'm having a 20 percent off sale until the end of this January, only for buyers who "heart" me on Etsy. Think of it as an early Valentine's Day gift for the ones who've supported me, both here and at Etsy. You guys rock!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Ciara Loves You: Toys and Designs for Real Cool Cats
Home of the elusive Kitty Monster!
http://www.ciara-loves-you.com
Mlsocci74
« Reply #1614 on: January 22, 2007 11:39:50 AM »

Great stuff mizbabette!!  Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

scoulson

The Horror! The Horror!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1615 on: January 22, 2007 11:54:33 AM »

thanks for all the comments on my ring Smiley

here's my latest, to be listed today...

maybe a bit too weird?
maybe I'm going crazy hahaha

tometedepingles i love it.  edgy is good.

<<edited to remove quoted image - jungrrl>>
« Last Edit: May 09, 2007 08:23:06 AM by jungrrl » THIS ROCKS   Logged

PinkyK

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1616 on: January 22, 2007 12:39:37 PM »

I agree, edgy is good!

I have two more "flub" trays to list. I finally took pictures of them so I can list them (hopefully) this evening. They have the same flaw as the other one. I think that is from not applying the modge podge evenly and/or not letting it dry completely before I pour the resin.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Halflyng
« Reply #1617 on: January 22, 2007 12:45:18 PM »

Well I'm excited.  I had a custom order for 12 ninja soaps for kids birthday presents Smiley

THIS ROCKS   Logged
LuxieLou

sewing & polymer clay <3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1618 on: January 22, 2007 12:53:48 PM »

Awesome halflyng - your ninja soaps are really cute. those will be fun gifts!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

TrashedClothing

You only wish you had a Yeti hat like me!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #1619 on: January 22, 2007 03:50:02 PM »

Isn't making soap so much fun? Whenever I am bored I go into the kitchen and make a batch. Then the house smells delicious. I have a wonderful scent called Christmas cookie that smells good enough to eat! Love the ninjas by the way!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 160 161 [162] 163 164 ... 570 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Playing Darts - Games of 301 and 501
Playing Darts - Proper Technique
Playing Darts - Equipment
Playing Darts - Basics
Learn how to Make Henna and the Henna Cone
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Seed Packet Gifts
Cooking: Honey Month
September 19th - Talk Like a Pirate Day!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...