A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Did you know you can view all images posted by a member? Learn how here!
Total Members: 297,723
Currently Running With Scissors:
580 Guests and 24 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2 3  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Secret Stash (who's got one??)  (Read 1764 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

wobblerat

already a krafty kitty

View Profile available for personal swaps
« on: November 17, 2006 07:43:45 PM »

As I was busily squirreling away my latest goodies into my ever growing stash, I wondered (out loud, of course): I wonder if people hide their stuff like I do, or if they leave it out in the open.  If I leave my stuff out in the open, my dear husby will say " I can't believe you bought more stuff!!  You really should finish what you've got going" He has no idea how hilarious this statement is. Cheesy  So, I just stash it away, and then pretend to dig it out at a later time so he thinks I've had it all along.  Does anyone else do this, or am I just nutzo?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

weeta
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2006 08:33:50 PM »

I do!!! My piles of yarn/paper/paint/etc get mysteriously larger overnight Wink
My mom does it too. She hid a new sewing machine for a year, and was planning on keeping it that way - until my dad caught us sneaking the old machine into my car to destroy all evidence that there were two machines.  If she's mail ordering, she plans it so it will arrive when my dad's not home!

My boyfriend doesn't really comment as long as i'm having fun with it, I guess, but my dad is just rude to my mom about her stuff! I guess it has made me inherently expect that kind of reaction. And its kind of like treasure hunting when you can't remember what you stashed and didn't stash. Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

hbic
Home Deconomics

A little home ec, a little home dec

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2006 09:02:59 PM »

Oh I definately try to time my shipments so I can intercept them first. If I get deliveries he gets jealous that I get mail and he doesnt! And he wonders why I get to spend and he doesnt. HA! It's for my business and has nothing to do with our home budget.

I also do hide things that I bought on impulse at Micheals. Or else,  "What!? Don't you have 693 of those already?" See, I can hear it already...
" But sweetie, these are BLUE".
THIS ROCKS   Logged

hand made home decor
wobblerat

already a krafty kitty

« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2006 10:29:14 PM »

My mom does it too. She hid a new sewing machine for a year, and was planning on keeping it that way - until my dad caught us sneaking the old machine into my car to destroy all evidence that there were two machines.  If she's mail ordering, she plans it so it will arrive when my dad's not home!

That's hilarious!  I have this great mental image of my mom and I trying to do something like that.  I think I must've learned it from her too.  She used to own a fabric store when I was a kid.  You should see HER stash!!!  And I must confess, I do try to time my internet buying sprees to deliver when the husby is elsewhere... Roll Eyes ha ha!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

AllStix
Get Your KNIT ON!

Handmade Knitting Needles -As Unique as you are!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: November 20, 2006 07:06:21 AM »

The craziest stash is my moms QVC stash! She's completely addicted to QVC. She's got tons of stuff in her closets (bedroom and hall) unopened! She once bought 3 different faux fur coats in the same night from them.... "just because"
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Handmade Knitting Needles- as Unique as You Are!
www.allstix.com
Cereza Bomba
« Reply #5 on: November 21, 2006 01:22:26 AM »

I do! Who wants mucky-fingered people going through our stuff?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Cereza Bomba = CHERRY BOMB!
wobblerat

already a krafty kitty

« Reply #6 on: November 21, 2006 05:40:24 AM »

Exactly!!! And who knows what they would "liberate"!  (Especially since I don't know exactly what I have there!) Shocked
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Kaos
A random assortment of artistic delicacies.

Photo editors are dangerous...

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #7 on: November 21, 2006 05:54:52 AM »

I had to laugh at this thread. Don't you know the number one rule of marriage is HIDE! Lol. I hide lots of things...shoes, clothes, crafts...otherwise I hear those words "Hun, do you really need more?" But at least my husband is a collector too so I get to harass him too! Don't we have that DVD? But this is the collector's edition! Oh geez!  Roll Eyes
THIS ROCKS   Logged

TessTessi

Lily is my best friend

« Reply #8 on: November 21, 2006 06:01:59 AM »

My husband is very patient with the whole fabric stash (it's for business, dear!), clothing stash, and yarn stash.  He's often with me when I'm shopping, and doesn't seem to mind.  What he does mind is when it's disorganized, which is often.  He's a little bit of a clean freak, and I'm more (as he puts it) "creative" (which is a compliment, but in this situation I think he really means "crazy explosion of fabric").  I often lament, "Oh, we really need to organize the drafting table/computer desk/sewing room/yarn stash" to which he will respond, "There aren't enough grenades."

We'll see what happens in a few weeks when I am going to be mostly self employed, and probably not bringing in the income I am currently working full time. I think his attitude might change when he knows how much I actually spend...hehehehheheeh.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Holy flipping cow. I changed my profile picture after 4 years on here.

Love Alpacas?  Go visit: Alpaca Love Club
Come visit my website!  www.madebytess.com
Kaos
A random assortment of artistic delicacies.

Photo editors are dangerous...

« Reply #9 on: November 21, 2006 06:05:07 AM »

I often lament, "Oh, we really need to organize the drafting table/computer desk/sewing room/yarn stash" to which he will respond, "There aren't enough grenades."

That made me laugh so hard!  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2 3  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Knit Keepsake Bags with a Loom Part 4/5
How to Knit Keepsake Bags with a Loom Part 3/5
How to Knit Homemade Socks with a Loom Part 9/30
How to Knit Keepsake Bags with a Loom Part 2/5
How to Knit Keepsake Bags with a Loom Part 1/5
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Manicure for Halloween
"Z" is for Zombie!
Meatless Monday: Honey Roasted Parsnip Soup

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...