A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you know about all of these Craftster features?
Total Members: 297,579
Currently Running With Scissors:
602 Guests and 21 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Turkey bowl for guys ... ??? for the girls?  (Read 568 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

bubbledragon
« on: November 17, 2006 07:12:37 AM »

So my husband would like to start a tradition at hour new house of hosting a turkey bowl on the day after Thanksgiving.  We've got a field right behind the house, so it'll be perfect for that.  (Of course it's been raining for the past month or so, so that'll be fun.  He can do his own laundry after that.)

But the problem is that we've got a good handful of guys who've already said they're coming, and we'd also like to invite their women-folk.  But what do us ladies do while they're out playing ball?  They're not all terribly crafty, so I hate to force a craft day on everyone, unless it's something simple.

Here are my ideas currently:
Cards.  Anyone, provided scissors, glue, glitter, stamps, etc, can make cards.
Basic ornaments.  Something like ribbon candy ornaments?

Maybe something "spa" like?  Scrubs?  Soaps?  What else?

Or something not crafty?  How can I entertain these ladies?  There will be about 10 of us, and most won't know each other.  I'm not good at entertaining, let alone entertaining women. 
« Last Edit: November 17, 2006 07:15:52 AM by bubbledragon » THIS ROCKS   Logged
slackferno
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2006 05:16:13 PM »

Cocktails and pedicures!  Chances are at least a couple of them have been out in the Black Friday madness and could use both some booze and a soak.  Play a chick flick or a holiday movie (or both...Love Actually!) and have upscale chocolates on hand to go with the tipples.  If you wanted to add a crafty element, you could provide unadorned flip flops and craft supplies for adornment, so they can show off their fancy refreshed toes.

THIS ROCKS   Logged
ellolove
« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2006 09:13:40 PM »

I agree with SlackFerno! Since ya'll don't really know each other maybe each person could bring the supplies for their favorite drink and everyone can make them together (that's sort of crafty...). It'd be a good conversation starter and would get things going. If none of you are heavy drinkers, maybe ask each person invited to bring their favorite dessert (store bought or home-made!).

Whatever you decide make sure to curl up to a good romantic holiday movie! Maybe some classics like... It's A Wonderful Life...

If you wanted to go an entirely different route the first part of the party could be the women putting together a "cheerleading team" and then going out and cheering on the guys. Maybe throw some random household items together and see what everybody can come up with. That might be pretty entertaining!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

um. yeah. okay.
LOVE, LAUREN
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Susan Orlean on Rin Tin Tin: The Life and the Legend
Terra Elan McVoy on Being Friends With Boys
Jeremy Toombs Performs His Poem "The Alleppey Express"
Finale Book Trailer
Author Bob Woodward Discusses the Economic Crisis
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Rustic Fabric Pumpkins
Are You Ready For Some Football?
Meatless Monday: Banana Pudding

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...