"And the Grinch, with his grinch-feet ice-cold in the snow,
Stood puzzling and puzzling: "How could it be so?
It came without ribbons! It came without tags!
'It came without packages, boxes or bags!"
And he puzzled three hours, `till his puzzler was sore.
Then the Grinch thought of something he hadn't before!
"Maybe Christmas," he thought, "doesn't come from a store.
"Maybe Christmas...perhaps...means a little bit more!" GENERAL INFO
Swap name: Happy Little Christmas Swap!
Craftster member who is organizing this swap: Bloocanoe
Sign-up date range: Nov 16-Nov 23 or until 20 participants
Date to send item by: December 8
Limited to a certain number of people? (optional): 20
Restricted to people who all live in the same country? NO
If so, which country? n/a
All ages allowed? Or 18+? All ages, if <18 please check with your folks first.
Swap Organizer himself/herself meets these conditions:
- Has fully read the Swap Info Guide: YES
- Has successfully completed two swaps as a participant: YES
- Is not organizing more than three swaps right now: YES
- Will recruit a co-organizer or give all details to a Swap Moderator if this swap has more than 25 participants: n/a
Swap Organizer will check each participant to make sure they meet these conditions:
- Has been a member for at least one month: YES
- Has posted at least 15 times: YES
- Has completed at least one swap successfully before signing up for more: YES
- Is not currently signed up for more than five swaps: YES
- Does not have any negative feedback: YES
1. If this is your first swap please read: (http://www.craftster.org/swapsinfo.html
) to find out how to ship your item and other details about participating in a swap. You are responsible for understanding and following these rules, including providing DC# when shipping within own country (or keeping receipt when shipping internationally), etc.
2. Please create a parcel that you would like to receive. Do some research on your partner. Good communication is really important to keep everyone informed and happy. Please discuss with your partner to determine level of effort: swap guidelines here are for 4 small items. You can do more than this if you *both* agree to do so.
3. You must post in this thread once you are signd up: all updates will be made here and this will help you to keep up with everything.
4. I will be giving feedback in the following way:
- great swapper: for those who follow all the rules
- good/poor communication: where applicable
- sent late/early: where applicable
5. Please put "Happy Little Christmas Swap!" in the title of PM's
6. Note that I will ask people to check in with me and on the board halfway through the crafting period. Responding to the check-in is your responsibility and counts towards keeping good communication.
7. PM me and your partner when you send. PM me and your partner when you receive, and thank your partner. Keeping good communication means with me, not only with your partner.
8. Post a thankyou and pictures/description in the gallery within a reasonable time afterwards.DETAILS OF SWAP
This is the Happy Little Christmas Swap!
This will be a fun, short, low-stress swap. You will send 4 small items to your partner, one item in each of the following categories:
1. A small, wrapped present for your partner
2. A small christmas ornament/decoration for your partner
3. A small item for your partner to give to someone else (this could be a specific item for someone, or something generic like cards, gift tags, etc.)
4. Something your partner could use for a "random act of kindness", in keeping with the spirit of the holidays.
Please wrap the present for your partner so that s/he can unwrap it on Christmas if so desired!
Items are small as crafting period will be short. However, please still take the time to do research on, and communicate with, your partner.
Original swap idea discussion here: http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=132545.0
If you want to participate, information to send to organizer:QUESTIONNAIRE TO ANSWER:
Name of swap: Happy Little Christmas Swap!
Your real name:
Would you be willing to ship to an address outside of your country?
Is there anything you would particularly like to receive?
What kind of crafts can you do/what can you make for your partner?
What are your favourite holiday/Christmas styles/colours/traditions/themes?
Any allergies your partner should know about?
Tell your partner a bit about yourself (hobbies, preferences, likes/dislikes, etc):
Anything else you want your partner to know:
IF YOU WANT TO PARTICIPATE, REMEMBER TO SEND YOUR INFO TO ORGANIZER VIA PRIVATE MESSAGE AND NOT TO REPLY WITH IT HERE.
Also remember to read the Swap Info Guide to find out how to ship your item and other details about participating in a swap. (http://www.craftster.org/swapsinfo.html