A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: You can get cheap (and legal! Wink) advertising by donating a challenge prize! Go here for more info.
Total Members: 300,947
Currently Running With Scissors:
408 Guests and 5 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 35
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Knitty's Danica  (Read 52077 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Just_A_Girl
[Insert witty title here]

Straight to this very day it was the wrong way

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #240 on: August 15, 2007 01:15:54 PM »

Im going to drive everyone crazy with my incessant questions  Roll Eyes Sorry!

I was working on the RIGHT EDGE TRIANGLE bit, but where?  I started doing it where the blue square is, but as it tapered to a triangle i figured it was the wrong spot and then ripped back. Am I supposed to do that triangle part on the bottom right? It doesnt look like there enough room.  Grrr... I find this pattern is frustrating the bejesus outta me. Sigh. I will push forward.. with help from all the great Craftsters who keep answering all my questions  Grin

Thanks!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I blame it on the bunny....

[Future home of a someday blog URL]
krafty_kelly
« Reply #241 on: August 15, 2007 03:06:32 PM »

You are doing it right.  Just finish up the 'blue' square part.  There will be enough room at the bottom right edge for the triangle  (its not where the red arrow is or the question mark...its on the other side, where there are three stitches in brown...you pick up the right edge triangle along this edge)....after this it will all come together.  It really does appear pretty wonky until you get past this part.  You'll see the scarf start to take shape soon.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

superstitch
Clothing Moderator
Quilting Moderator

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

she's just a cosmic girl

from another galaxy

View Profile
« Reply #242 on: August 15, 2007 03:10:34 PM »

with the wrong side facing you pick up 10 stitches along the blue square and follow the pattern! it's looking good so far! Just pay careful attention when it tells you how many stitches you should have on what needle to make sure you're on track
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Mustaches are sooo 2 years ago

my blog
wists
Impshlady

I wish i had eight arms...

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #243 on: August 15, 2007 05:04:38 PM »

I finished one in Noro Kureyon about two weeks ago and got fed up trying to take pictures of it. The colours never came out like they are in real life.

I scanned it and they are a bit more lifelike.

I did have trouble at first with where to pick up stitches and which direction to knit in, but apart from the odd hole where i didn't pick up the stitch close enough to the next bit, i think it turned out okay.
It really does improve after the first go at each section, becuase then you have the previous rows to refer to while you read the pattern, and it starts to make sense. All that said, I still had to refer to the pattern sometimes even after knitting tons of it, just because it confused me which bit of it i was on.
keep at it! (and well done for doing it in two colours. i couldn't be bothered changing the yarn every block so i cheated!)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

WIPs

The WIPs Phenomenon

View Profile
« Reply #244 on: August 15, 2007 05:13:08 PM »

Oh my goodness! Those colors are absolutely beautiful!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

100 Themes ATC: 1/100 Grin
apixiegrl
« Reply #245 on: August 16, 2007 08:02:48 AM »

It's beautiful. I love your colors. I really want to make another. How many balls did u use.. I was thinking of getting 4 balls of Noro Kureyon.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Impshlady

« Reply #246 on: August 16, 2007 12:42:36 PM »

i used just shy of three balls. Its easily long enough for me (im 5 foot 4" tall ). i would have used all of the yarn but some colours were just randomly knotted onto the wrong colours, so i had to break it and find the right color on the next ball. i believe i know why Noro do this annoying thing. they have too much orange yarn and like to surprise you with it randomly throughout the ball. (i got almost a third of a ball of orange yarn!) Also they spin all the wool in a big haystack so thats why there are so many twigs and bits of crap in there. Its beautiful though, and loses the scratchiness once you block it. i used shampoo to rinse mine to block it and its soft as anything!

« Last Edit: August 16, 2007 12:43:31 PM by Impshlady - Reason: forgot length of scarf...doh! » THIS ROCKS   Logged

kararuth
« Reply #247 on: August 16, 2007 03:25:19 PM »

Oh that is great advice about the shampoo I'll have to try that!  What kind did you use?

I just finished my Danica out of 3 balls of SWS in natural crimson (which thankfully was enough because I can't find this color ANYWHERE besides the time I bought it).  I'll def post pics a little later.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Impshlady

« Reply #248 on: August 16, 2007 03:36:19 PM »

It was Tresemme for colour treated hair...my hair is exactly as scratchy and dry as Noro...lol
THIS ROCKS   Logged

PlumTea
« Reply #249 on: August 17, 2007 12:48:26 PM »

So, I just started mine (in SWS navy), and already there is a problem.. I think.
After row 17 I've knitted 12 sts. That leaves 8 sts for the next triangle.. but, row 15 says to knit 9. So, how do I knit to row 16?

Do I turn after row 17? That doesn't make sense to me.

I think I've messed something up.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 35 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Winter Wonderland Themed Craft
How to Create Mosaic Tile Mirrors
How to Make Photo Coasters
Mat Your Photos Like the Pros
Three Ways to Make a Bookmark
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Chalkboard Wine Glasses
Handmade Gift Ideas: Wooden Chain
Handmade Gift Ideas: Upcycled Car Trash Bag

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...