A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip:  Avoid bath salts and exfoliants.  They destroy tasty rotting flesh.
Total Members: 308,726
Currently Running With Scissors:
602 Guests and 31 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 35
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Knitty's Danica  (Read 53703 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

WIPs

The WIPs Phenomenon

View Profile
« Reply #230 on: August 14, 2007 10:55:37 PM »

Nice color combo! Yikes, look at all those loose ends...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

100 Themes ATC: 1/100 Grin
supergravedigger
Clothing Moderator
Quilting Moderator

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

she's just a cosmic girl

from another galaxy

View Profile
« Reply #231 on: August 14, 2007 11:40:09 PM »

just_a_girl, the left triangle is the one on the left when you are looking at the right side of the scarf, so when you turn the scarf you will be creating that left triangle on the right side of the scarf when you are looking at the wrong side.... i really hope that made sense. basically you are creating a half triangle by increasing and then purling 1 stitch of the triangle to 1 stitch of the square to join them together
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Mustaches are sooo 2 years ago

my blog
wists
amyb444
« Reply #232 on: August 15, 2007 08:13:45 AM »

There's a Danica KNITALONG??? I've been working on this for about a month, it's about 3 feet long, I think Ill go till I run out of yarn and then line the back with fleece or coordinating flannel.
http://i180.photobucket.com/albums/x228/nikkiread23/s3600005.jpg

What yarn did you use? I've been making this off and on for a while, so I've been kind of spying on the KAL. Your yarn looks a lot like mine (RYC Cashsoft Aran).
THIS ROCKS   Logged

krafty_kelly
« Reply #233 on: August 15, 2007 08:37:37 AM »

My issue right now, is it says on the wrong side pfb. Am I looking at the left triangle when looking at it from the right side, or the left  triangle when looking at it from the wrong side... does that make sense?

When you are pfb you are at the edge of the scarf and you are creating a whole new side triangle.  You have just turned your knitting and you should be looking at the wrong side.

By the way, love the orange and brown combo...it reminds me of Brownies - the little girls.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Just_A_Girl
[Insert witty title here]

Straight to this very day it was the wrong way

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #234 on: August 15, 2007 11:03:13 AM »

Thanks for all the feedback girls. I figured it all out after a long while of going over it.
But now (god Im such a spazz! This was supposed to be an easy pattern Undecided)   Im having other issues  Roll Eyes Hah.
Im supposed to start this center square business. pick up 10 stitches along the square adjacent to right needle... For one, there is this one stitch, by the red arrow, im not sure where that belongs (and I KNOW I did the last section properly and step by step) and Im not exactly sure which square needs stitches. Im sure this has the easiest answer... I just seem to be having difficulty grasping it  Smiley
Thanks for any help! And BTW Puppybreath, The colour combo is fantastic!

« Last Edit: August 15, 2007 11:06:09 AM by Just_A_Girl » THIS ROCKS   Logged

I blame it on the bunny....

[Future home of a someday blog URL]
krafty_kelly
« Reply #235 on: August 15, 2007 11:09:44 AM »

I've found that as long as the 10 stitches are evenly spaced it will all work out.  I also make sure I pick up a stitch right down in that corner, otherwise you'll end up with a little hole.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Just_A_Girl
[Insert witty title here]

Straight to this very day it was the wrong way

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #236 on: August 15, 2007 11:24:47 AM »

So I pick up where the red arrow is? And that stupid one stitch just kinda chillin out in the middle of nowhere is buggin me too... Undecided
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I blame it on the bunny....

[Future home of a someday blog URL]
puppybreath

everything we do, is just everything we've done

View Profile
« Reply #237 on: August 15, 2007 11:31:57 AM »

There's a Danica KNITALONG??? I've been working on this for about a month, it's about 3 feet long, I think Ill go till I run out of yarn and then line the back with fleece or coordinating flannel.
http://i180.photobucket.com/albums/x228/nikkiread23/s3600005.jpg

What yarn did you use? I've been making this off and on for a while, so I've been kind of spying on the KAL. Your yarn looks a lot like mine (RYC Cashsoft Aran).

Patons Classic Wool, Merino, Medium weight in Paprika and Taupe. I got it from JoAnn's a while back. I really like using it, and it's going to be warm.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

krafty_kelly
« Reply #238 on: August 15, 2007 11:46:34 AM »

That lone stitch needs to be on your other needle somehow...especially before you begin picking up your 10 stitches for your center stitch. 

I'm not sure where you are in the pattern but I think you need to k1 (lone stitch) and psso so that all of those group of stitches are on the left needle.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

soozeq
« Reply #239 on: August 15, 2007 11:48:38 AM »

I don't see a weird stitch at the red arrow, although I think you should have purled that single stitch where the black arrow is, with the others to make 10 on your right needle. Then you'll be picking up on the purl side, knit back, and purl back, doing a p2tog with the first stitch of the triangle that's now on your right (it'll be on your left needle when you purl.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

sue
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 35 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Assess Thinning Hair
How to Fix Dull Hair Color
How to Make Voluminous Hair Last All Day
How To Get Silky, Straight Hair
How to Wear Rainbow Hair and Look Good
Latest Blog Articles
Beware! Zombunnies!
April 1, 2015 Featured Projects
Craftster Quickies: How to Make Pape... RAAR grrr ugggh!!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...