A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Curious if a project is for sale, or if someone wants to do a private swap with you?  Please Personal Message the member rather than posting on the thread.
Total Members: 300,900
Currently Running With Scissors:
491 Guests and 8 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 35
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Knitty's Danica  (Read 52038 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

punkcatknitter
« Reply #170 on: March 20, 2007 09:05:31 AM »

I cheated, I just knotted and snipped all my ends. With the SWS at least it kind of felts itself into the back of the scarf after awhile... plus its not too noticeable.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Miss_westenra
« Reply #171 on: March 20, 2007 09:57:55 AM »

I cheated, I just knotted and snipped all my ends. With the SWS at least it kind of felts itself into the back of the scarf after awhile... plus its not too noticeable.

Hmmm...this might just work. I could kind of try to felt the little knots a bit.  I do not want to sew ALL of those in! This was an in-class knit most of the time, and sewing in loose ends requires moving it around and more attention and that just doesn't work very well in class, so sewing in loose ends as i went was not happening.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My alarm clock still holds a grudge from the time I threw it at the wall

I etsy: http://www.etsy.com/shop.php?user_id=14762
I wist: http://www.wists.com/NaphthalineRiver
I blog: http://tinaisnoacronym.blogspot.com/
I am down for personal swaps!
aunt carrot

pom-poms make the heart grow fonder

View Profile WWW
« Reply #172 on: March 20, 2007 11:00:50 AM »

Has it held up pretty well? I HATE weaving in ends. My Danica's just sitting on the back of the couch taunting me to come weave in ends.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"I didn't and don't want to be a 'feminine' version or a diluted version or a special version or a subsidiary version or an ancillary version or an adapted version of the heroes I admire. I want to be the heroes themselves." --Joanna Russ.
tragicheroine
« Reply #173 on: March 21, 2007 11:12:38 AM »

I did this and one of the ends came undone Sad
All the others seem to be ok though. But I have to do some surgery on my grey and blue Danica.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Margarita Miss

cuervo on the rocks ... salted rim

View Profile WWW
« Reply #174 on: March 21, 2007 11:14:30 AM »

Better late than never, I guess.  Today's the first day of Spring and I just finished my Danica in SWS in Natural Earth.  I bought more in Natural Pink and this time I'm going to add pom poms like lasandri showed us when she made her winnie cooper.

http://everythingshunkydory.blogspot.com/2007/03/entrelac-scarf.html
« Last Edit: March 27, 2007 11:07:51 AM by Margarita Miss » THIS ROCKS   Logged

punkcatknitter
« Reply #175 on: March 21, 2007 11:41:19 AM »

I haven't had any problems with the ends coming undone. I tend to be paranoid, so I made sure the knots were SUPER tight and I left about a half inch hanging. I did this on both my sister's and mine, and neither of our scarves have come undone so far, and we've both been wearing them to death.

Did anyone else find multiple breaks/knots in their skeins of SWS? I found at least two in every ball of the colorway I used for mine, and then hardly any in the other colorway I used.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Margarita Miss

cuervo on the rocks ... salted rim

View Profile WWW
« Reply #176 on: March 21, 2007 02:22:17 PM »

I've used 6 balls of SWS now and haven't found a break/knot in any of them.  I thought you only found flaws like that in seconds.  When I started a new ball, I joined it using the "wet and splice" method to avoid any knots in the scarf.  That way there aren't any ends to weave in either.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

lasandri
originator of the term "crackster", as in craftster is like crack.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #177 on: March 21, 2007 02:40:29 PM »

Better late than never, I guess.  Today's the first day of Spring and I just finished my Danica in SWS in Natural Earth.  I bought more in Natural Pink and this time I'm going to add pom poms like lasandri showed us when she made her winnie cooper.

hooray for poms! i'd love to see what it looks like when you put them on Smiley i've been contemplating an SWS danica, too Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

krafty_kelly
« Reply #178 on: March 21, 2007 02:56:59 PM »

I found several breaks/knots in my SWS.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

iheartmyTHO
Experiment With A Chemist

View Profile WWW
« Reply #179 on: March 22, 2007 06:15:14 PM »

i've found the knots too in the SWS.  i have a friend who works at michaels.  according to her if a ball of yarn has more than 2 knots in it you're supposed to be able to return it and get a new ball or a refund.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 35 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Wear Leather For Spring: 3 Great Outfits to Show You How!
How to Wear Wedge Sneakers
The Hoodie That Lasts A Decade
Flint & Tinder Shows Off The 10-Year Hoodie
Olivia Palermo Goes Mod at the Louis Vuitton Maison Opening
Latest Blog Articles
Handmade Gift Ideas: Wooden Chain
Handmade Gift Ideas: Upcycled Car Trash Bag
Tute Tuesday: Honkin' Big Beach Ball Snowman

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...