A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: You can get cheap (and legal! Wink) advertising by donating a challenge prize! Go here for more info.
Total Members: 297,074
Currently Running With Scissors:
712 Guests and 21 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 35
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Knitty's Danica  (Read 47738 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

swaller
« Reply #140 on: March 07, 2007 04:09:12 PM »

Thanks, Lasandri and Aunt Carrot. I actually ordered SWS online in the Natural Earth colorway, but then I found out that Michaels carried it, so when I went I bought it in natural geranium, too.  Roll Eyes So Im going to have 2 scarves in SWS.. but I love the yarn so much, and its fun to knit, so I dont care. And the colorways are so different they will go with totally different outfits.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Sarah

Sheep of a Different Color - Your source for handpainted Kitchen cottons and wool yarns!

www.colorfulsheep.etsy.com
http://sheepofadifferentcolor.blogspot.com/
tragicheroine
« Reply #141 on: March 08, 2007 07:17:11 PM »

I'm just finishing my second Danica. I knit it in two colours so weaving the ends in is taking foreverrrrrrr Cry. Hopefully it will be finished by tomorrow, and I'll take some pictures.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

sittenknitten
« Reply #142 on: March 09, 2007 07:51:30 AM »

Can't wait to see it!

I've just started the third skein of SWS (natural earth, same color as your first one, I think), should have my first Danica finished in the next day or two. Thanks for the inspiration.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

sittenknitten
aunt carrot

pom-poms make the heart grow fonder

View Profile WWW
« Reply #143 on: March 09, 2007 02:31:56 PM »

Finished! Damn, that went fast. It's amazing what you can accomplish when procrastinating. Just have to weave in the ends and block. And this is a present for a late May birthday. Oh, I am SOO ahead of the game. (For once.)

And my order from knitpicks just came in... oh man, the hits just keep on coming!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"I didn't and don't want to be a 'feminine' version or a diluted version or a special version or a subsidiary version or an ancillary version or an adapted version of the heroes I admire. I want to be the heroes themselves." --Joanna Russ.
graciedoo
« Reply #144 on: March 10, 2007 03:18:37 PM »

I finally found a craft store that stocks SWS, so I bought some for a Danica. I got a few skiens of Natural Plum and cast on today.

lasandri, your Winnie Cooper is gorgeous! I love the red and grey together.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

sittenknitten
« Reply #145 on: March 11, 2007 08:31:56 AM »

I thought I was going to finish up last night... 3 balls of SWS in Natural Earth. Typical for me, I hated to waste a couple of yards of perfectly good yarn and thought I could squeeze another repeat in there before the final 2 little triangles in section 4.

But no! after completing my final section 2, I have about 18 inches of yarn left.  Tongue

Not one to rip out, I'm driving the 60 mile round trip to the next town later today to get another ball of yarn.  Roll Eyes

At least I'll be finished by tonight.  Grin  I'll get pictures up tomorrow, I promise.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

sittenknitten
tragicheroine
« Reply #146 on: March 11, 2007 03:53:04 PM »

Finished my second Danica! It's knit for a boy (explaining the boring boy colours). I actually started this before my other one, but i fell for sws, and abandoned my first Danica for awhile. It's gotten colder here recently, so I knew I had to pick up the pace, or else my boyfriend would freeze his neck off.

Anyway, it's done! Here she is...

THIS ROCKS   Logged

aunt carrot

pom-poms make the heart grow fonder

View Profile WWW
« Reply #147 on: March 11, 2007 04:37:45 PM »

tragicheroine that's beautiful!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"I didn't and don't want to be a 'feminine' version or a diluted version or a special version or a subsidiary version or an ancillary version or an adapted version of the heroes I admire. I want to be the heroes themselves." --Joanna Russ.
soozeq
« Reply #148 on: March 11, 2007 05:44:28 PM »

I thought I was going to finish up last night... 3 balls of SWS in Natural Earth. Typical for me, I hated to waste a couple of yards of perfectly good yarn and thought I could squeeze another repeat in there before the final 2 little triangles in section 4.

But no! after completing my final section 2, I have about 18 inches of yarn left.  Tongue

Not one to rip out, I'm driving the 60 mile round trip to the next town later today to get another ball of yarn.  Roll Eyes

At least I'll be finished by tonight.  Grin  I'll get pictures up tomorrow, I promise.

What I did was rip out the last 2 sets of tiers, then reknit using 9 stitches instead of 10. Worked wonderfully and I only have about a yard left after the bind off triangles.

sue
THIS ROCKS   Logged

sue
soozeq
« Reply #149 on: March 11, 2007 05:44:57 PM »

tragicheroine that's beautiful!

I agree! I like those colors....!

sue
THIS ROCKS   Logged

sue
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 35 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Make Seed Balls for The Garden
How to Make a Craft Bendy Rainbow Picture
How to Make a Craft Bottle Cap Buddy Magnet
How to Make a Craft Hot Air Balloon
How to Make Scented Play Dough
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Decoupaged Table Top
August 20, 2014 Featured Projects
Tute Tuesday: Faux Cross Stitch Sweatshirt

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...