A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Join us for fun, contests and discussions on Craftster's Facebook page!
Total Members: 316,236
Currently Running With Scissors:
336 Guests and 9 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 35
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Knitty's Danica  (Read 63529 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

lasandri
originator of the term "crackster", as in craftster is like crack.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #130 on: March 02, 2007 03:58:10 PM »

one little mod to my danica... i added poms to the ends! the ends just looked straggly to me and since i wasn't blocking it i figured i'd cover it up:
http://www.sandrisuperstar.com/2007/03/addition-to-winnie-cooper.html
THIS ROCKS   Logged

sherry71
« Reply #131 on: March 02, 2007 04:09:55 PM »

I am making this too.  I started it a month or so ago & work on it in between projects.  I am about 3/4 of the way done.  I am also using Patons SWS in the Natural Geranium color.  I agree that SWS was made for entrelac.  This is my 1st entrelac project & I thought it was very easy.

I can't remember who it was here on craftster but someone made this with a keyhole in it.  I liked that idea & added a keyhole to mine as well. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged
krafty_kelly
« Reply #132 on: March 02, 2007 04:38:11 PM »

lasandri...your 'Winnie Cooper'  Cheesy looks fabulous with the pom poms!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

apixiegrl
« Reply #133 on: March 03, 2007 09:29:09 AM »

lasandri I luv your danica..!! the pom poms are just perfect..!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

sittenknitten
« Reply #134 on: March 03, 2007 09:06:31 PM »

Danica flung itself on my needles this morning, in spite of other projects that need to be done. I've managed to get through the first couple of sections and am ready to go back and repeat sections 2 and 3. I was absolutely certain that I had done something wrong, turned the wrong way somewhere, because it looked so lumpy and UN-rectangular,  Roll Eyes

But when counting the number of base triangles, side triangles, and center "squares" it seems I have done it right after all. Whew!

Another couple of repeats will make it really obvious if I've messed up. What a fun pattern, it just eats up the time. I worked on it for 3 hours straight this morning and hardly blinked an eye.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

sittenknitten
aunt carrot

pom-poms make the heart grow fonder

View Profile WWW
« Reply #135 on: March 04, 2007 01:55:59 PM »

I just started this Friday, in SWS, and have about a foot and a half already. Just to repeat everyone else, entrelac is so surprisingly easy!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"I didn't and don't want to be a 'feminine' version or a diluted version or a special version or a subsidiary version or an ancillary version or an adapted version of the heroes I admire. I want to be the heroes themselves." --Joanna Russ.
maxathousand
« Reply #136 on: March 07, 2007 01:04:51 PM »

You guys are such bad influences on me!  I'm in the middle of a sweater that I promised myself I wouldn't stop doing for anything else...  I saw this, saw the SWS and realized that I had 3 skeins left over of Natural Navy and NEEDED to try it.  (It originally started out as just seeing how it looks...  we all know how that goes...)

Anyway, I'll post pictures when I'm done.  I love it so far!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
swaller
« Reply #137 on: March 07, 2007 02:10:00 PM »

I took a picture of mine today!

http://bp1.blogger.com/_hOPJR1ngBmw/Re81U8LBt0I/AAAAAAAAABI/q7KU9scF9TM/s1600-h/danicawip.jpg

Its made with Natural Geranium. Its knitting up beautifully.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Sarah

Sheep of a Different Color - Your source for handpainted Kitchen cottons and wool yarns!

www.colorfulsheep.etsy.com
http://sheepofadifferentcolor.blogspot.com/
lasandri
originator of the term "crackster", as in craftster is like crack.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #138 on: March 07, 2007 02:29:52 PM »

wow swaller that looks amazing! i think that sws danica isn't far behind for me!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

aunt carrot

pom-poms make the heart grow fonder

View Profile WWW
« Reply #139 on: March 07, 2007 04:06:49 PM »

swaller, looks great! I started mine less than a week ago and it's already four feet long. It's for my sister, but I'm definitely going to have to make another one for myself... as soon as I decide which colorway of SWS to use.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"I didn't and don't want to be a 'feminine' version or a diluted version or a special version or a subsidiary version or an ancillary version or an adapted version of the heroes I admire. I want to be the heroes themselves." --Joanna Russ.
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 35 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

Latest Blog Articles
Horror Movie Crafts
August 24, 2016 Featured Projects
OOOOOHKLAHOMA! Where the wind...

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...