A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you have an idea for improving the Craftster swap process?  Suggest and discuss it here on the Talk About The Swap Process board.
Total Members: 302,048
Currently Running With Scissors:
394 Guests and 9 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 35
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Knitty's Danica  (Read 53259 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

superstitch
Clothing Moderator
Quilting Moderator

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

she's just a cosmic girl

from another galaxy

View Profile
« Reply #70 on: January 23, 2007 08:41:57 PM »

knitty's instructions are really straightforward
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Mustaches are sooo 2 years ago

my blog
wists
soozeq
« Reply #71 on: January 23, 2007 10:30:59 PM »

Thanks for the encouragement *hugs* This scarf looks so kewl... Maybe after I finish wrestling with my tube socks and poncho, I'll free up my needles for this. I've been looking for easy to understand instructions for entrelac but there's a few that include knitting backwards **eek** One that I ran across

http://wolfandturtle.net/Yarnpath/index.php/Yarnpath/comments/all_aboard_the_entrelac_express/
seems simple enough but it's still confusing to me  Huh

That's a really good tutorial on it. Just follow the directions and look at the pictures for reassurance and you'll do fine. The hardest part in any of these patterns is figuring out where you were when you put it down and start up again. Mark the place in the instructions.

sue
THIS ROCKS   Logged

sue
leppardess

my cats walk all over me...

View Profile
« Reply #72 on: January 24, 2007 04:51:16 AM »

Thanks for the encouragement *hugs* This scarf looks so kewl... Maybe after I finish wrestling with my tube socks and poncho, I'll free up my needles for this. I've been looking for easy to understand instructions for entrelac but there's a few that include knitting backwards **eek** One that I ran across

http://wolfandturtle.net/Yarnpath/index.php/Yarnpath/comments/all_aboard_the_entrelac_express/
seems simple enough but it's still confusing to me  Huh

That's a really good tutorial on it. Just follow the directions and look at the pictures for reassurance and you'll do fine. The hardest part in any of these patterns is figuring out where you were when you put it down and start up again. Mark the place in the instructions.

sue
I gave it a try last night and it's starting to make sense to me now  Tongue I'm going to keep on with the test swatch until I feel confident enough to start a Danica of my own with SWS.

Again, thanks for the encouragement *hugs*
THIS ROCKS   Logged
kitschkween
« Reply #73 on: January 24, 2007 06:04:21 AM »

thanks! i agree that the other scarves are beautiful!
okay it's official, next buy is SWS so I can do this! three balls no problem! Cheesy I so love this. That solid one is so lovely kitchkween. I am really jealous Steffania, I love that colourway. How much will you have to buy to finnish it? I have never used the lovely Noro.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

soozeq
« Reply #74 on: January 24, 2007 06:34:29 AM »

I gave it a try last night and it's starting to make sense to me now  Tongue I'm going to keep on with the test swatch until I feel confident enough to start a Danica of my own with SWS.

Again, thanks for the encouragement *hugs*

Actually, any of the tutorials on entrelac would make a good scarf. I found a scarf pattern that I like better than Danica in the way it's put together. I guees it's based on the Lady Eleanor and is at http://lupinbunny.blogspot.com/2007/01/baby-e-noro-entrelac-scarf.html

It's more of a template because you can cast on whatever and make the blocks as wide as you want. With this method, you could make a wrap or baby blanket. I've also been slipping the first stitch of every row; it makes it easier to pick up the stitches for the next block. I've ordered some Rowan Tapestry for it.

sue
THIS ROCKS   Logged

sue
kittybritches
« Reply #75 on: January 25, 2007 12:35:37 PM »

Do you think it would look weird if I started slipping the first stitch of each row midway through?  I am horrible at picking up stitches and saw this technique on knitty gritty and thought it looked way easier.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
annamal
« Reply #76 on: January 25, 2007 01:18:55 PM »

I started Danica today using Noro Silk Garden Lite colourway 2014.. but I'm stuck!  The part where you pick up stitches.. I know this is the silliest question.. but.. Do you pick up the stitches on your right needle or on your left?  Do you pick up on whist looking at the right side or wrong side?  I've never done anything where picking up stitches are involved..
THIS ROCKS   Logged

leppardess

my cats walk all over me...

View Profile
« Reply #77 on: January 25, 2007 01:35:01 PM »

Okay, I'm stuck too... I have my base triangles done but I can't figure out how to take the next step. Someone needs to make a tutorial video on how to do this  Huh
THIS ROCKS   Logged
bekahzzz

www.sew-knit.blogspot.com

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #78 on: January 25, 2007 01:45:39 PM »

I started Danica today using Noro Silk Garden Lite colourway 2014.. but I'm stuck!  The part where you pick up stitches.. I know this is the silliest question.. but.. Do you pick up the stitches on your right needle or on your left?  Do you pick up on whist looking at the right side or wrong side?  I've never done anything where picking up stitches are involved..

The way I did it was pickup stitches with my left needle and then knit or purl it right away as the first row....not sure if this is correct but it worked out nicely!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

sew-knit.blogspot.com

My Wists: http://www.wists.com/bekahzzz

I'm interested in personal swaps!!
superstitch
Clothing Moderator
Quilting Moderator

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

she's just a cosmic girl

from another galaxy

View Profile
« Reply #79 on: January 25, 2007 02:41:32 PM »

hmm ok for the picking up the stitches, lets pretend we just finished the right side triangle, you turn your work, knit the only stitch left of the right triangle, and then with your right needle, you stick it into your work, knit a stitch, stick it into the next loop and knit a stitch, until you have the 9 stitches you need on your needle

hopefully that was clear!

and as for what to do after the two base triangles, if you are using one kind of yarn and not switching colors then ignore when it says MC and CC and when it tells you to cut. So you just follow the instructions, turn the work to the wrong side and purl into the front and back of the first stitch, then purl 2 together, then turn to the right side and knit three stitches, and then keep going from there
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Mustaches are sooo 2 years ago

my blog
wists
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 35 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
California Sushi Roll Recipe
Wok Chicken with Alex McCord
Baked Panko Salmon Recipe
How to Make Lacha Paratha
How to Make an Easter Roast Spiced Chicken with Indian Style Gravy
Latest Blog Articles
Book Review: Handmade for Baby
Tute Tuesday: Warm Those Piggies!
Which Came First?

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...