A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Monday, May 23 News:  Please take a moment to congratulate and thank our newest Craftster Moderators, lindyv321, pottermouth, PerfectlyBohemian, Mistress Jennie and LovelyMiss!
Total Members: 305,648
Currently Running With Scissors:
518 Guests and 17 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Should I finish this hat?  (Read 1331 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

peppersaskatoon
« on: November 15, 2006 08:06:16 PM »

My lovely comrades in crafting,

Inspired by burstandbloom, I started this hat from headhuggers a couple weeks ago.  My yarn (Frog Tree alpaca) was thin, so I modified the pattern accordingly.  After conquering the lace, I tried it on and decided it looked a little too...quaint on me.

I finally found the strength to rip apart tonight, but tried it on first and liked it better than I remembered. 

What do you think?  Should I keep going, or make mittens and a panta instead?  This yarn is a little scratchy, but I adore the color, so I'd like to adore whatever it ends up as...

Thank you for your help.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
jloveg
Tutorial Contributor

GOD LOVES YOU AND SO DO I!!!

need me email me! jat42171@yahoo.com

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2006 08:10:52 PM »

I  think it  looks  really  nice.... mt  humble  opinion.... and  I really think the  color  is  great  for  you.  would  you maybe line it  with  something  after  its  made so it  won't be too itchy  on  your  head???  I think gloves  would  be   too itchy  and too hard to  line  if  you had to...

BUT  I also  like it  how it  is  needles  and all.......  you know  you see people  walking  around  looking  for their  glasses that are ontheir  heads!  you could  be  the  needle  lady  !!!   LOL
THIS ROCKS   Logged

looking for instant coffee from australia or russia made with mustard and champagne.  VIOLET CRUMBLES and VEGEMITE would be welcome swap items!!
novemberlies
« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2006 08:12:00 PM »

i think it's cute.  definitely your color.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Radioactivecrafter
« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2006 08:34:52 PM »

It looks lovely! You remind me of Audrey Tautou in Amelie!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

krafty_kelly
« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2006 04:05:00 AM »

I think you should finish it too.  Its going to be sweet.  I laughed at you with the dpns on your head because I do that all the time when knitting hats.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

elijor
« Reply #5 on: November 16, 2006 10:02:35 AM »

I think it is cute and looks good on you. Maybe after you get done with it a wash and rinse with conditioner will help with the scratchiness.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
jloveg
Tutorial Contributor

GOD LOVES YOU AND SO DO I!!!

need me email me! jat42171@yahoo.com

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #6 on: November 16, 2006 10:06:30 AM »

It looks lovely! You remind me of Audrey Tautou in Amelie!

LOL  thru the  eyes  I thought  man alive  is she  related to Juliea  Roberts!!  eyes and  cheek  bones  are  VERY  similar
THIS ROCKS   Logged

looking for instant coffee from australia or russia made with mustard and champagne.  VIOLET CRUMBLES and VEGEMITE would be welcome swap items!!
peppersaskatoon
« Reply #7 on: November 16, 2006 10:43:36 AM »

You ladies are so sweet.  I feel like I look about as much like Screech from Saved by the Bell as Julia Roberts.

Thank you for the encouragement.  I still haven't quite made up my mind, but it's very good to know that if I end up finishing it, it won't be universally sneered at or anything.  I guess I'll just have to start something new while I decide.  Gosh.

The scratchiness really isn't that bad.  Most hats just end up driving me nuts if I pull them down over my forehead like a normal person.

Oh, and as often as I try on unfinished knitting projects, I'm pretty sure I'll wander out in public with dpns on my head some day.

Thanks again, everyone!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
crnaofca
« Reply #8 on: November 16, 2006 12:27:52 PM »

this hat is beautiful! don't frog it, it looks very very very nice, and panta/mittens will be just as scratchy as this hat. it looks so much nicer then original:)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Candy doesn't have to have a point. That's why it's candy.
~~~~~~
Will knit for PJ pants:) PM me:)
~~~~~~
Anyone interested in swapping Steve Jackson's "Munchkin" custom cards?
lelila
geek.

nerd love.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #9 on: November 17, 2006 05:16:43 AM »

You know though, everyone's saying "keep it!", and indeed it is a very nice hat, however... if you really think you won't wear it, and you'd wear something else more, then I'd say do whichever your gut is telling you.  How many people knit cute things that aren't exactly their style, so they never wear it?  So... yeah.  It's really cute, but how much will you wear it?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Will private swap for handspun yarn!

My wists.

KER+ Exp+ SPM+(+) Bam++@ Syn+@ Wool+(+)@ Stash++ Scale- Fin--  Ent+ Tex++ Lace++ Int-@ Flat++ Circ+(-) DPN+ !Swatch-- FO+ WIP++ W+@ ALTSw(++)
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

How-To Videos
How to Add Flesh Tone to a Fashion Drawing
Drawing Clothes on a Fashion Figure
Drawing a Fashion Figure
The Basics of Fashion Drawing
How to Make a Tattoo Stencil by Hand
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Painted Background
Easy Summer Salads
Meatless Monday: Gluten Free Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...