A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Join us for fun, contests and discussions on Craftster's Facebook page!
Total Members: 297,501
Currently Running With Scissors:
588 Guests and 26 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: new colours to old hexagon pattern  (Read 1617 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

SarahFroggy
« on: September 17, 2004 11:09:51 AM »

so i started working on this the other day and its very rewarding although a tad slow moving because of the handsewing. this will hopefully turn into a big quilt that i will then take on as my first hand quilted quilt project. it is made from the many scraps of bright fabrics that i have been hoarding from leftovers of my various projects. i hope by posting it here that i'll have to finish it Tongue although it will take a while.

the green background is just a shirt that i put it on to make a pretty picture (i'm sure you are tired of looking at my yucko floor Tongue)

THIS ROCKS   Logged
craftybelle
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2004 03:04:24 PM »

I love your colors that you have chosen!!! Ive never conquered a Hexagon quilt before. I love that you are hand piecing it. I know how time consuming that can be but the results are so worth it Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Celebrate we will-
for life is short but sweet for certain.
DMB
SarahFroggy
« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2004 03:10:11 PM »

:)thank you thank you. its just scraps from all my quilting cottons. i'm hoping that i will get it done sooner rather than later. i'm also thinking that borders will make it bigger too so it doesn't have to be the whole giant size. not sure if i want it to be a snuggly blanket or one that would fit on a bed. its less than a foot square now though so i think i've got lots of time to decide Tongue
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Sexie_Leopard
« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2004 11:52:19 AM »

nice.  may i ask why you are hand-piecing it?  Never did a hexagon quilt, just wondering if you have to hand piece it.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
SarahFroggy
« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2004 03:02:45 PM »

handpiecing it cause i never have, i always machine sew. and i have these cool plastic template things that you sew the fabric around. and once you have ahexagon sewed to each of the 6 sides you pop the plastic thing out. sounds complicated but it isn't. not sure if you can make these by machine. hand it probably easier.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Sexie_Leopard
« Reply #5 on: September 21, 2004 09:33:05 AM »

.....and i have these cool plastic template things that you sew the fabric around. and once you have ahexagon sewed to each of the 6 sides you pop the plastic thing out. 

where did you get these....sounds cool, and worth a try... Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
SarahFroggy
« Reply #6 on: September 21, 2004 10:42:08 AM »

joanns they are made by june tailor "simple shapes" can't seem to find them online. but they were in the quilting section.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
thenamesmo
« Reply #7 on: September 21, 2004 04:59:10 PM »

this is the second quilt/quilting project i've seen that makes me want to learn  Undecided I WISH I COULD HAND SEW...maybe i will learn what stitch do you use?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

SarahFroggy
« Reply #8 on: September 21, 2004 05:04:40 PM »

you just fold the fabric over the hexagon template and tack it on (sew one stitch it each corner. then make another one the same. place the two right sides together and and whip stitch them together.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Sexie_Leopard
« Reply #9 on: September 24, 2004 03:50:52 PM »

joanns they are made by june tailor "simple shapes" can't seem to find them online. but they were in the quilting section.

Thanks I'll check them out the next time i go there, which is soon... Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Adobe Photoshop CS2 - How to Set the White Point to Match a Target
Adobe Photoshop CS2 - How to Set the Black Point to Match a Target
Adobe Photoshop CS2 - How to Target Shadows and Highlights
Adobe Photoshop CS2 - How to Restore an Image After Adjusting Levels
Adobe Photoshop CS2 - How to Use the Level Commands
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Seed Packet Gifts
Cooking: Honey Month
September 19th - Talk Like a Pirate Day!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...