A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Curious if a project is for sale, or if someone wants to do a private swap with you?  Please Personal Message the member rather than posting on the thread.
Total Members: 297,454
Currently Running With Scissors:
593 Guests and 26 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Am I the only one in Johnstown?  (Read 5017 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

trinashere
nerd and a half.

(witty comment goes here)

View Profile
« on: November 15, 2006 07:14:43 AM »

Probably. But I thought I'd give it a try.

Flood City!

-Trina
THIS ROCKS   Logged

The art of losing isn't hard to master; so many things seem filled with the intent to be lost that their loss is no disaster. ~ Elizabeth Bishop
starknits
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2006 01:27:38 PM »

OMG i almost just had a heart attack!  Cheesy I'm always looking for johnstown area crafters and hardly do i find them! I think most of us are in hiding for some reason.. but YES I do live in J-town! it's soo exciting to know i'm not the ONLY one.. so what are you into?
THIS ROCKS   Logged
trinashere
nerd and a half.

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2006 05:06:46 AM »

No way! Despite Johnstown's size - it's really not as small as people say - you don't catch many people doing stuff like this, except my husband's grandma!

I taught myself to knit a while back, just learned embroidery, which I love, I've sewed since I was a little giel, and I'm trying to get started in papercrafts, like scrap and altered booking.

I just finished my first craftster swap and made my very first ATC. I don't know if it's any good yet - my partner hasn't recieved.

How about you?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

The art of losing isn't hard to master; so many things seem filled with the intent to be lost that their loss is no disaster. ~ Elizabeth Bishop
starknits
« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2006 01:42:05 PM »

OH i love all things crafty! i meet a few people here and there who enjoy crafting. but most are my grandma's age... sigh..
i enjoy stamping, making cards, sewing, beading, canning, candle making (you name it i love it)  but mostly Knitting and Crochet are what i'm obsessed with lately.  I teach crochet up at micheals and also a sock knitting/ felting class there. i meet some people there,  but not a lot of people have  signed up for my classes lately. i figure it's b/c of the season.  i'm always looking online at different crafty sites for other johnstown people but i hardly find them. it's so neat to find some here!
allena
THIS ROCKS   Logged
midnight7649
« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2007 08:53:53 PM »

Hello, I know this thread is kinda oldbut i just moved to johnstown last month and didn't know if there were any group meetings or anything here for crocheting or beading....or anything crafty :O) i've searched online and in some of the local papers and didn't find anything. i would think that theres gotta be crafty people out here cause what the heck else is there to do? :O):O)

Thanks for any info!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

starknits
« Reply #5 on: April 01, 2007 07:12:53 AM »

I think there are a few meetings but none that i've found. well that's wrong there's one that meets at the yarn shop in moxom (spelling?) but they charge $10. so i haven't gone b/c i'd have to get a baby sitter and there's just something wrong about charging to knit or crochet...  but i've been wanting to get to ligonier to go to that yarn shop and knitting night but with the winter i haven't done much i plan on doing it this summer. we should start one i wonder if the j-town library would let us meet there. maybe starbucks.
if you find anything i'd love to know about them. oh btw welcome to j-town...LOL

Hello, I know this thread is kinda oldbut i just moved to johnstown last month and didn't know if there were any group meetings or anything here for crocheting or beading....or anything crafty :O) i've searched online and in some of the local papers and didn't find anything. i would think that theres gotta be crafty people out here cause what the heck else is there to do? :O):O)

Thanks for any info!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
trinashere
nerd and a half.

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 02, 2007 09:02:27 AM »

Yeah, let's start one!

I've been meaning to go to Knit 1 in Moxham for their knitting night out, but something always happens, you know? I have some connections at the library, so I'll ask. Keep thinking of other places though, k?

Trina
THIS ROCKS   Logged

trinashere
nerd and a half.

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 10, 2007 08:22:21 AM »

I just found out that the community room at the library in downtown is $10 for three hours - not bad. It is going to closed the month of May for renovations though. If we want to set up a date for June, let me know! We can start Johnstown's first Stitch and Bitch.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

dimhalo
« Reply #8 on: April 27, 2007 11:00:54 AM »

I'm so sad that I didn't see this thread earlier! I've been desperate to find some younger crafty people/outings here in Johnstown. It's too bad that I'm moving in just 2 weeks! I hope you ladies get something started, this town is in desperate need of non-grandma crafty get togethers.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

fallencupid
« Reply #9 on: October 05, 2007 11:09:14 AM »

My grandparents lived there when they were alive. In fact both were born there. I visit the area frequently though still even though they are no longer around. It's a nice place to visit for a weekend. Although I am not familiar of any yarn places around there. I think when I was there the last time I looked up in a phone book and the closet town that had an offical yarn store was quite far away. I don't know if any of you Johnstown people still check this post out, but if you do, can you let me know of any good yarn stores around in the area? I'd appreciate it! Thanks.  Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How To Make a Mini King Cake
How to Make a Malteaser Cake
How to Decorate Your Own Wedding Cake
Rhubarb and Ginger Crumble Recipe
How to Make Cookie Dough Cheesecake Bars
Latest Blog Articles
Meatless Monday: Provencal Inspired Quiche
@Home This Weekend: Buzy Bee Activity Chart
Craft Challenge #103 Announced - Foodie Frenzy 2

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...