A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: You can get cheap (and legal! Wink) advertising by donating a challenge prize! Go here for more info.
Total Members: 297,456
Currently Running With Scissors:
657 Guests and 32 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Saharah: Stitch Diva (Knit & Tonic)  (Read 36798 times)
Tags for this thread: sahara  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

purple stitches
« Reply #270 on: August 05, 2007 07:24:08 PM »

Hi Aunt Suzi,

I knew I'd remembered seeing someone knit Sahara in your yarn.  I googled and found that it was done on the Sexy Knitter's Club.  Here is the link http://sexyknittersclub.blogspot.com/2007_04_01_archive.html.  Just scroll down a bit.  It's done in the Purple Haze colour.  Maybe a message to that knitter might help.

Karen
THIS ROCKS   Logged
rippedoffknitter
« Reply #271 on: August 06, 2007 01:15:31 PM »

"lightbulb goes on above my head". Substituting the pattern too is a great idea! My plan for attacking the neckline issues is to swatch the lace and calculate the number of stitches I need to pick up to get a nice, even finish. Need to work up some more enthusiasm first, though.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Mistakes done in life and in mohair can't be ripped.

Blog: www.rippedoffknitter.wordpress.com
moma
« Reply #272 on: August 06, 2007 01:26:47 PM »

I finally have enough posts to link to a picture!
So Ill do just that, in order to show the progress of my Sahara. Close to finished too.
Its knitted in Tilli Tomas Pure & Simple and Exotica, colour Sky Drop.
Absolutely lovely, wonderful yarn.
Its a size L, taken down to a size M around the waist, and back out to L again around the hips.

My lace seems slightly ruffly too, but once I put it on it stretches perfectly.
« Last Edit: November 18, 2011 03:16:59 PM by jungrrl - Reason: fixed picture(s) » THIS ROCKS   Logged

missknitty
« Reply #273 on: August 08, 2007 01:10:22 AM »

I'm going to knit this with the Tilli Tomas Pure & Simple in Gloxinia (pinkish purple), and I'm doing the long sleeve. I did get the Asteroid beaded yarn, but I suspect that it might be too thick. I continue to ponder....hmm... I love the pics on here - so many pretty knits! Shocked Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

missknitty
« Reply #274 on: August 13, 2007 02:11:30 AM »

Ok, I've read through the pattern now, and after being used to Stefanie Japel's top-down method, this pattern looks completely weird to me. HELP!!!! Undecided

I'm not quite understanding the pattern in how it explains shaping the armholes, knitting the shoulders, bla bla bla (picturing it). I feel very dumb right now, but I want to knit this sweater, dammit!!!

Anyone?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

rippedoffknitter
« Reply #275 on: August 13, 2007 02:38:55 AM »

You have to be more specific, is it how it is built up, the stitches or something else you have trouble with? Have you started yet?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Mistakes done in life and in mohair can't be ripped.

Blog: www.rippedoffknitter.wordpress.com
missknitty
« Reply #276 on: August 14, 2007 12:03:00 AM »

Yeah, sorry about that Undecided Wink I think I was mainly set back by the top-down method itself. I do think I prefer the Stefanie Japel top-down method (I'm a believer in making things as easy as possible). I guess the fear was starting something I've never done before (and potentially screwing it up). I just hope I'm past the 'worst' part now...hehe.

I did start it, and I'm almost to the point where I join the front. However, since I completely bunched the provisional cast on (even with the pics/tutorial in the pattern!), I ended up with a little stitch line at the shoulders. Doesn't look too bad, though, so I'm not doing it over (it kinda looks like it's supposed to be there).

I think I should be ok now (I hope), since I did manage to learn the M1R/L stitches (I usually do kfb). Or perhaps there's something more complicated ahead I need to know? Tongue

I can't wait until I'm savvy enough to 'translate' patterns into the methods I prefer using...sigh. Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

missknitty
« Reply #277 on: August 17, 2007 01:59:18 PM »

HELP! Huh

Can someone clarify the term ''wrap & turn'', in regards to the shirt tail hem? I was just about to start on it, when it dawned on me that I have no clue what that entails...sigh. Or at least I don't think I do; I thought it meant working the front/back separately, but now, I'm in doubt. Undecided
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Aunt Suzi
« Reply #278 on: August 17, 2007 02:05:41 PM »

Hi, missknitty - This pattern on knitty.com has a fairly clear explanation of wrap and turn:
http://www.knitty.com/issuesummer06/PATTuniversalsock.html
THIS ROCKS   Logged

missknitty
« Reply #279 on: August 17, 2007 02:24:39 PM »

Embarrassed  This is what happens when I get frustrated over my knitting (in)abilities... Of course, I posted this BEFORE googling Roll Eyes

That link is great - thanks! (I'll be printing that one)

I also found this one: http://www.thedietdiary.com/blog/lucia/222
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Crochet Simple Baby Booties Part 5/7
How to Crochet Simple Baby Booties Part 3/7
How to Crochet Simple Baby Booties Part 4/7
How to Crochet Simple Baby Booties Part 1/7
How to Crochet Little Mary Jane Booties Part 9/19
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Sandwich Wrap
Falling Leaves
Meatless Monday: Provencal Inspired Quiche

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...