A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Fanatic Friends of Craftster now have the ability to disable ads on Craftster! Read more here.
Total Members: 300,961
Currently Running With Scissors:
408 Guests and 4 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 29
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Saharah: Stitch Diva (Knit & Tonic)  (Read 38826 times)
Tags for this thread: sahara  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

mukkapazza
« Reply #10 on: November 26, 2006 12:13:56 AM »

I guess I'm just getting grumpy, what with the waiting. My sis wants this for Christmas and since I'm such a slow knitter, I want to get crackin' on it.  *sigh*
THIS ROCKS   Logged
ibmomof2
« Reply #11 on: November 26, 2006 03:03:04 PM »

I can't wait for this pattern! I haven't been motivated to knit more than socks since July, until now..

Any suggestions for yarn substitutions? There's no way I can splurge on Tilli Thomas with Christmas right around the corner. But I have convinced myself to splurge on something nicer than, say, Cascade (which I love, but it's a splurge top, hehe)

So what do you guys think?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

mukkapazza
« Reply #12 on: November 26, 2006 03:26:31 PM »

When I saw the sleeveless version of the sweater, I remembered that I have a ton of white silk from hipknits.co.uk. I checked and it knits up to the same gauge as the Tilli Thomas. It's cheaper (even with the currency conversion) and I didn't notice a single knot when I was winding the hanks into balls, which is a problem I encountered when using the Tilli for my SKB. I've ordered two skeins of the white TT Exotica for the trim, but am going to make the long-sleeved version.

I guess this is my long-winded way of saying to try hipknits, their yarn is nice and is sold in 100 gram hanks, which is the same as the Tilli.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
cnp71201
« Reply #13 on: November 29, 2006 10:18:33 PM »

The pattern is available now! Can't wait to see some very beautiful sweaters. As for myself, I have to finish my Gatsby Girl before I even think about another sweater.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I'm crystalnickel on Ravelry!

Visit my blog at http://cnp71203.blogspot.com/. It has a little of everything... well, most things!

http://www.wists.com/cnp71203
mukkapazza
« Reply #14 on: November 30, 2006 10:47:08 AM »

Wow. Just ... wow. This pattern looks to be the most complex thing I've tried to date. I can't wait though. I have two people that have already asked for it, and have even bought their yarn.

I'm going to start on it this weekend, but a practice run with some Alchemy  Synchronicity I have in my stash (the Teal Tide colorway), with some matching sparkly thread carried along on the lace sections. I've had to rip back my SKB a couple of times and know that the Tilli Thomas starts to show some wear after frogging, and I don't want to take the chance of that happening on this.

I was thinking about other possible yarn subs, and maybe something from Art Fibers? The Golden Siam (100% silk) could be worked up to the right gauge, and they have silk/wool blends that could work as well. They will send out 10 yard samples for a couple of bucks too. Just a thought.

I can't wait to start this.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
ibmomof2
« Reply #15 on: November 30, 2006 12:29:31 PM »

I just got my pattern...I can't print it out though, no ink in the printer. Augh!!!

Anyhow...I'm feeling kind of dumb. Can someone explain the whole negative ease thing to me and how to pick a size. (I have a 34 bust if that helps). I've seen countless blog posts on the subject before but I never bothered to read them since it didn't apply to anything I was working on. I'm hitting myself now...

Thanks
THIS ROCKS   Logged

mukkapazza
« Reply #16 on: November 30, 2006 03:32:17 PM »

Negative ease is where the sweater is designed to be smaller than your actual body measurement.

I don't understand it completely and am trying to decide if I should do the small or medium (I have a 34" bust, but a C cup). I leaning towards the medium, which is for a 37" bust, but according to the schematics will be 29.5" around.

I hope this helps a little...
THIS ROCKS   Logged
ibmomof2
« Reply #17 on: November 30, 2006 03:40:43 PM »

Thanks! I too am a 34c... You'll have to let me know what size you go with. I know the sweater is "fitting" which is fine, but I have a nice little tummy (thanks to my 2 children) and I don't want it too be too tight there.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

mukkapazza
« Reply #18 on: November 30, 2006 03:47:37 PM »

Heh, me too. Although I have nothing but my love of beer, wine and pasta to blame it on.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
pixiepurls
Knitting, Spinning & Podcasting

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 30, 2006 07:23:20 PM »

I think if you have a 34" bust you would want to knit a 31" sweater so it has 3" of NEGATIVE ease in. I may be wrong tho! That's what i am doing, because the sweaters I have knit that I like are 30" wide laying on the floor, and I have a 34" bust line.

I'm knitting a swatch now, I knit my SKB on US7 so I am swatching on US6 to see the difference as thats what Saharah calls for.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Knitting Blog:          http://www.pixiepurls.com
Knitting Podcast:     http://podcast.pixiepurls.com
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 29 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
5 Best Pea Coats for Winter
How to Know What to Wear Underneath Your Graduation Gown
Dress For the Success You Deserve
Celebrity Stylist Brad Goreski Shares His Holiday Fashion Tips
Reese Witherspoon Proves the Power of Black and White
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Chalkboard Wine Glasses
Handmade Gift Ideas: Wooden Chain
Handmade Gift Ideas: Upcycled Car Trash Bag

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...