A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you have an idea for improving the Craftster swap process?  Suggest and discuss it here on the Talk About The Swap Process board.
Total Members: 316,234
Currently Running With Scissors:
396 Guests and 8 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 51 52 [53]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Is Walmart getting rid of fabric??  (Read 76806 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

stellals
« Reply #520 on: July 27, 2010 11:23:49 PM »

I hate to say it but YES! Is doing away with fabric. Im in TX they got rid of fabric 1 or 2 years ago. Cry sorry to say.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
chaysus
« Reply #521 on: August 01, 2010 05:30:15 AM »

There hasn't been a fabric section in my walmart in a long time! ><
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Cealy
« Reply #522 on: August 02, 2010 04:09:17 PM »

Hey All!
I was in a Walmart in London, Ontario (Whiteoaks Mall) on Sunday-they still have fabric!!! Not a lot but they do still have it. I am heading back up this week to pick over what they have-not that I need more but you know how it is!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
kelligirly
« Reply #523 on: August 27, 2010 05:49:52 PM »

I live in NH and I've been worried about it.  The Walmarts near me haven't gotten rid of the fabric/craft section.  Instead of having the fabric on bolts, they come pre-cut in 2yd strips and are hanging on cardboard.  They have a limited selection, but still have solids/prints in cotton and some fleece.  They have sets together for pillowcases, purses and scrubs.  You can't buy it by the yard anymore, but it's not bad if you need 2 yards.  And it's still inexpensive.  And they do still sell large amounts of muslin.  It's not gone, just minimized.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
rottenlittleboys

Inspiration without application is moot.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #524 on: August 31, 2010 07:09:05 AM »

It IS sad about Wal-Mart, eh?

When I first really learned to cross-stitch, my first few projects came from WM. Same with my crochet and sewing. It was WM's prices and sheer availability to me that caused me to pick up my needle in the first place. How sad now that others will no longer have this sort of inexpensive, walk-off-the-street chance to learn DIY and other crafts.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

tamratoo
« Reply #525 on: August 31, 2010 06:41:01 PM »

I am in texas in the dfw area. I only know of one 1 wal-mart in the area that still carries fabric and the selection is limited, though the prices are good.
I was in another store last week and made a strange discovery. Little kits of precut fabric. Anything from fat quarters to 1 and 2 yard "quilters" kits. They also had 1 - 2 tard cuts of broadcloth, fleece, flannel, and a little sherpa.
The price per yard comes out to $3.00 or $4.00 for the quilting stuff, and $10.00 to $12.00 for the fleece, so you are better off using a coupon at Joannes or Hancocks. They did have a kit for a hobo purse that I kind of liked, but not enough to pay $12.00 for.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
little me
Little Me Crafts

Enjoy Life's Little Pleasures

View Profile WWW
« Reply #526 on: September 06, 2010 09:09:21 AM »

My Walmart built a new super store across the street & they won't be selling fabric anymore. In fact, my hubby & I were in there last night & the fabrics are already gone & the new store should open in Oct. or Nov. If they had a sale, I missed it - they didn't advertise it. I used to buy my interfacing from them, now I need another source :-( .
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Ashling
« Reply #527 on: September 06, 2010 10:28:56 AM »

I was over at the local walmart this weekend, and they'd recently finished their remodel.  The electronics department was in the exact location that the fabric section used to be.  I looked around the rest of the store, and couldn't find anything remotly craft related.  I guess I'll have to get stretch velvet online now, walmart was the only place I could find any that wasn't crap.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

brittanix
« Reply #528 on: September 24, 2010 01:01:20 AM »

The two i go to both got rid of fabric entirely. D: I have no where left around here to buy new fabric!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

::Today you are you, that's truer than true, there's no one alive who's youer than you:: -Dr.Seuss
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 51 52 [53] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

Latest Blog Articles
August 24, 2016 Featured Projects
OOOOOHKLAHOMA! Where the wind...
Tute Tuesday: Hand-Bound Book

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...