A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you have an idea for improving the Craftster swap process?  Suggest and discuss it here on the Talk About The Swap Process board.
Total Members: 297,118
Currently Running With Scissors:
596 Guests and 32 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: bi- fold zine tutorial?  (Read 613 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

papermountainwoman
« on: December 02, 2006 10:59:23 AM »

hi,

i tried weaving through the first four pages of this forum to see if there are any zine tutorials and i couldnt find any.

i get reaaaally confused reallllly easily so i would need a step by step (like, go to microsoft word, go to file, go to... etc etc.") tutorial. it needs to be for a bi-fold pamphlet.

thanksssssss
THIS ROCKS   Logged
letsread

i'm the jealous type

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2006 05:38:49 PM »

do you just mean one-pagers that you fold twice to make a little pamphlet?  if that's what you want you can go to file, project gallery, business forms, brochures.

if you mean a half-size zine (when you fold an 8.5x11 sheet of paper in half and look through it like a magazine) you can go to file, page setup, and then change page orientation to "landscape" (of if you have the handy visual version, like my microsoft word for osx, it's the one with the sideways person, either way works as long as the person is on his side), then you should go to fomat, column, and select 2 columns so the page is divided in half.

if you're doing the latter, you'll have to do a lot of planning to figure out where each of your pages will go so that when you put them all together and fold that them in half they're in the right order. i used to do this by printing out each individual half-page and laying it out on the floor in the order i wanted, then pasting it into a blank zine with page numbers on it, taking the zine apart, and moving the pages in the document around until they printed in the order i needed them (or just photocopying the cut-and-pasted version, that way is easier).  sorry, that part probably sounded confusing, but there's no really good way to describe it.

hope that helps.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"you're ms. thinks-she's-pretty"
-one of my 3rd graders
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Bunny Cake Recipe for Easter
How to Bake Brownies with a Bite
Crunchy and Sweet Honey-Hazelnut Treats Recipe
Fresh and Festive Key Lime Sugar Cookies Recipe
Dazzling Lemon Thumbprint Cookies Recipe
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Fleece Puppy Bed
Matchbox Mania!
Spotlight on: Woodburning

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...