A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Join us for fun, contests and discussions on Craftster's Facebook page!
Total Members: 295,105
Currently Running With Scissors:
580 Guests and 16 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Your Opinion on Purse Display  (Read 4803 times)
Tags for this thread: display  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

tattooedjess
Girly Crafty Goodness

Maker of Girly Essentials

View Profile WWW
« on: November 12, 2006 10:08:23 PM »

I will be in my first fair this coming weekend. But, it really isn't a fair; it is more of a bazaar type thing. My friend works for a big salon in the city and they are having a customer appreciation day and she is releasing her DVD. There will be a DJ, food & beverages, she will be doing make up demonstrations and more run of the mill vendors (Mary Kay, Pampered Chef, etc.) I think there may be one more girl there selling purses, but not sure yet.

ANYWAY....

I haven't had a lot of money to invest and since it is my first time at a 'fair', I wanted to get your opinion on how I will be displaying my purses. I will have a table for my stationary, accessories & and small stuff.

Basically, it is a clothes rack that I put bungee cord on and clipped my purses to the cord. The picture is with wooden clothes pins, but have since found my  color ones. I secured the cord with foam tape so it won't slide down the pole.

Do you think this looks too shotty? Is it okay? I would love your input.

Thanks,
Jess
THIS ROCKS   Logged

nancydaffodil
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2006 10:49:52 AM »

I think it would look better without the two bags hanging on the top corners, just keep them all on the lines.  Also, maybe display all the dark purses together on one line and the lighter colored ones on another. I love that black one with the cherries.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
tattooedjess
Girly Crafty Goodness

Maker of Girly Essentials

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2006 11:28:03 AM »

Ooh those are good ideas. I didn't even think about doing it by color, but that might look pretty good. I will have another go at it tonight. And you are right, I think the ones on the ends look outta place.

THANKS!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

brubendall
« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2006 02:08:03 PM »

I think Nancy's tips are good, but without a close-up to see how it looks, I'm not sure.  The idea of using tape to secure bungee cords doesn't sound very "chic".

Here's how I display purses.  I purchased a wooden coat/hat rack from goodwill.  I then bought some dowels from Wal-Mart and had my DH drill the appropriate size holes for the dowels.  I had him drill many more holes than I would use in a given time, close together.  Then I painted it all black (semi-gloss spray paint - my new friend!!).  When I put it together for show I simply slide the dowels in at the appropriate levels for the current purses I am selling.  I like this solution a lot.  The only think I need to change is to put some kind of "stopper" on the ends of the dowels so the purses don't fall off easily.  Here's a pic from my 2nd craft fair:

THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://www.lizabethdesign.etsy.com/

http://www.flickr.com/photos/lizabethdesign/

Until you find something worth dying for, you're not really living.
To The 9s

I make accessories, often using vintage components

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2009 10:51:55 AM »

Does anybody have any ideas or suggestions on how to display clutch purses without handles?  Other than just laying them on the table.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

oneyedsally

Fabric is taking over my house!

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2009 10:20:29 AM »

I can't see the image, but I use a clothes rack as well. To hang my purses, I bought shower curtain hooks that I can link together to make different lengths. This way I can either display all my purses at the same height or vary them. The hooks kind of look like the ones you use when you go skiing to clip your lift ticket onto your zipper. They have a round end, which hangs nicely on the rack, and a V shaped end where the handle goes. They snap shut, which is good because then purses don't accidentally get knocked off when people are looking at them. But they're also easy to open so the customer can do it themselves or I can take it off for them. I think it was $1.99 for a 12 pack, they're very cheap.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

If you like handmade bags and purses, check out my etsy!

http://londonpurple.etsy.com

My blog http://londonpurple.blogspot.com
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Bob Shepherd Talks About The Infidel Podcast
Author Jonathan Alter Discusses His New Book the Defining Moment
Visiting Author Jodi Picoult in Rome
Kingdom Wars II: Tartarus Book Trailer
Eric Wight Draws His Character Frankie Pickle
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Fairy Garden
CrafTATstic Crafty Tattoos: 30th Birthday Tattoo
April 17, 2014 Featured Projects

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...