A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Curious if a project is for sale, or if someone wants to do a private swap with you?  Please Personal Message the member rather than posting on the thread.
Total Members: 297,469
Currently Running With Scissors:
492 Guests and 18 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: THE MOST AMAZING ADVENT CALENDAR WITH TUTE!! (complete w/ photos)  (Read 59487 times)
Tags for this thread: advent , advent_calendar , tutorial  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

annieandchiquita
Crafting Addict; no speciality

Darn picture :(

View Profile
« Reply #130 on: August 13, 2009 12:29:48 AM »

It would depend on how heavy the paper/card you used for the little curtains was. Mine is still sitting in my office, holes cut out and all... I didn't get time last year to finish it, and this year I don't think I'm going to get time to make stuff or find stuff to go in it Sad
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Wifey
Mama
Crafter Cheesy

Currently swapping -
Back to Hogwarts: Sent!

Breathless Waiting for Breaking Dawn: Planning, purchasing and crafting Cheesy Not a minute too late, right? Such a last minute crafter...
Creative Dragonfly

"Now I don't want a flea's breath of doubt."

View Profile WWW
« Reply #131 on: August 13, 2009 09:28:00 AM »

Once I saw this topic I thought "I HAVE to make one". So that's my project of the day. But mine's going to be a little different, okay a lot different. I'll post a picture as soon as I'm done; and I'll explain how I made mine.

Thanks for the inspiration!

-Kim
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I'm back and would love to make some new crafting friends!
burstandbloom
« Reply #132 on: August 20, 2009 07:07:08 PM »

mine didnt have to lie down...it sat upright and the circles stayed closed except for this one hole that had a heavy thing inside.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I love personal swaps!
orkibe3
« Reply #133 on: September 12, 2009 08:51:52 PM »

This is lovely... Thanks for sharing... I was thinking of making my own this year and this gave me great inspiration... I think I will tackle something like this with my 10 yr old daughter...
THIS ROCKS   Logged
sminto
« Reply #134 on: September 14, 2009 04:57:55 PM »

So I was googling advent calendars to do for some close friends, and I remembered the styrofoam calendar (YOURS!) and I was so thrilled to find it after the long time it's been since I've seen it.

Now, the circles seem like a pain in the behind, and I saw mcmadison's take on her advent calendar and I wondered.. could I make square holes small enough to be covered with a round circle door? I plan on putting quotes/inside jokes along with small wrapped chocolate. Is it possible to have square holes with circle opening doors?

Here are pix of her take on the calendar:

http://www.craftster.org/pictures/data/500/thumbs/advent1.JPG[/img][/img]

http://www.craftster.org/pictures/data/500/thumbs/advent2.JPG[/img][/img]
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Imagination is more important than knowledge." -Albert Einstein
Check out my blog, Scissors and a Whisk!
sminto
« Reply #135 on: September 14, 2009 05:33:36 PM »

pinkpoodle230 :

You did a fantastic job! I'm so motivated to make one of these... I'll probably make it pretty soon, even though I have a while until it would have any use. I'm thinking about making one for each of my 2 sisters because when we were children we'd receieve the store bought kind. I'd also like to make a felt advent calendar like the one I saw Allsorts http://allsorts.typepad.com/allsorts/2007/11/advent-calendar.html

I love the idea of snow inside each day. Did you use fake snow? At first I thought it was bubble wrap (lol silly me) but then it looked more like cotton type. I'm not familiar with what it is... ?

Thanks!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Kwigly
« Reply #136 on: September 17, 2009 07:28:19 PM »

Thank you so much for this idea and tutorial! It will make a great present for my little cousin Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
wnelson
« Reply #137 on: September 19, 2009 10:52:04 AM »

I love this advent calendar and have tried to print out to take with me to work on it and I can't get it to print more than the first page of photos and instructions.  It prints ALL the posts related, but not the actual project.  Any ideas?  It's awesome.  Thanks for sharing! 
THIS ROCKS   Logged
sminto
« Reply #138 on: September 19, 2009 06:36:45 PM »

wnelson, have you tried copying and pasting only what you want into perhaps a Word document? or highlighting only what you want and then right click, "print" and select "selection only"?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

burstandbloom
« Reply #139 on: November 18, 2009 06:20:33 PM »

@ sminto

i'm sure you could definitely make squares small enough to have circle doors...or even rectangles with oval doors? i'm sure square doors would still look really cool...like squares of varying sizes
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I love personal swaps!
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Prepare Kadhai Paneer
How to Prepare Yakitori
How to Cook Yum Nuea
How to Cook Pad Thai Jay
How to Serve Barbecued Korean Chicken
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Sandwich Wrap
Falling Leaves
Meatless Monday: Provencal Inspired Quiche

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...