A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Join us for fun, contests and discussions on Craftster's Facebook page!
Total Members: 297,520
Currently Running With Scissors:
608 Guests and 26 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 16
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: THE MOST AMAZING ADVENT CALENDAR WITH TUTE!! (complete w/ photos)  (Read 59540 times)
Tags for this thread: advent , advent_calendar , tutorial  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

*snowflake*
« Reply #100 on: November 05, 2007 10:28:39 AM »

I started mine yesterday. Well DH did most of the work. I had 1.5 inch styrofoam but not crafters, it's cladmate(the bluish insulating type). We cut two pieces and glued them together so we have about 3 inches. DH used his cordless drill and forstner bits to drill all the holes after we layed it out like in the diagram. This only took a couple of minutes but was really messy! The rest of the work is now up to me!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
burstandbloom
« Reply #101 on: November 05, 2007 11:59:41 AM »

yah i was really wishing i had a electric drill last year when i was carving away foam with a pumpkin carving knife. lol. but i was in a dorm back then and i didnt have cool stuff like that.

can't wait to see what yours looks like!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I love personal swaps!
sushiholic
« Reply #102 on: November 06, 2007 08:06:29 PM »

i cant wait to make one!!!! gorgeous!!1
THIS ROCKS   Logged
uptowntokyo
« Reply #103 on: November 07, 2007 04:28:25 AM »

Wow this is amazing!!! YOU are amazing, coming up with this calendar, making it, and even posting a tute!!! Thanks so much!! Cheesy I can't wait to start making one... I imagine it will be quite vintage looking, black and white, with maybe old pics of jazz musicians etc for the windows (my bf plays the sax and loves jazz and the 1940s), so it could be a cool display as well in his room! I won't see him for quite a long time over xmas (i'll go on holiday with my family), so it will be a good way of making time pass quicker.. every day he'll have something to look forward to!  Cheesy  Also i haven't got much money, so to replace some of the presents i could put cheesy messages on little rolls of fancy paper lol (i guess not all boyfriends would appreciate this but i know mine definitely would!  Tongue Oh, i just thought of this, i could hide his xmas present somewhere and then into the calendar hole for xmas eve i could put a riddle or something he has to figure out in order to find his present!! ha ha i would probably enjoy that more than he would tho!!  Grin
Thanks again for the idea!!!!! You're awesome!!!!!  Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged
burstandbloom
« Reply #104 on: November 07, 2007 07:52:07 AM »

Wow this is amazing!!! YOU are amazing, coming up with this calendar, making it, and even posting a tute!!! Thanks so much!! Cheesy I can't wait to start making one... I imagine it will be quite vintage looking, black and white, with maybe old pics of jazz musicians etc for the windows (my bf plays the sax and loves jazz and the 1940s), so it could be a cool display as well in his room! I won't see him for quite a long time over xmas (i'll go on holiday with my family), so it will be a good way of making time pass quicker.. every day he'll have something to look forward to!  Cheesy  Also i haven't got much money, so to replace some of the presents i could put cheesy messages on little rolls of fancy paper lol (i guess not all boyfriends would appreciate this but i know mine definitely would!  Tongue Oh, i just thought of this, i could hide his xmas present somewhere and then into the calendar hole for xmas eve i could put a riddle or something he has to figure out in order to find his present!! ha ha i would probably enjoy that more than he would tho!!  Grin
Thanks again for the idea!!!!! You're awesome!!!!!  Cheesy

yours sounds like it's going to be AMAZING!! i love the idea of black and white and vintagey! I cannot wait to see your final product!! and the little messages idea is a good one. my boyfriend loves chessy stuff like that too  Cheesy  good luck with everything!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I love personal swaps!
oldprin
oldprin

Brian and I with the magic snowman

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #105 on: November 07, 2007 09:53:01 PM »

Shocked What a great idea! I was wanting to do something special for my boyfriend for our 2nd Christmas and this is it! Got him an advent calendar last year, one of those (cough) cheesy ones that your aunt or grandma used to send you. Which I loved! But you know! This is a great idea!
Hmm.. might make one for my mom also. Who makes these for us??? I want one!!! Huh
Ahhh!! Now that would be a fun swap!
Thanks for you idea and tute!
Maggi
THIS ROCKS   Logged

oldprin
burstandbloom
« Reply #106 on: November 08, 2007 05:46:29 AM »

duuuude i totally second that swap idea!

the problem is...when filling the insides...it can get pricey. maybe we could do like a "candy only" advent swap? or a dollar store only...you know?

hmmm i wonder if we could get more people in on this idea.

oh god what am i even talking about. i do not have time for something like this! lol.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I love personal swaps!
oldprin
oldprin

Brian and I with the magic snowman

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #107 on: November 08, 2007 10:09:02 PM »

Cheesy I second you on the time thing! But it would be cool! A dollar store one would be good/maybe half candy half dollar store? What am I saying I havn't even started trying to make the first one for my boyfriend! I'm sure that and all the other craft things I'm planning will take all my time. But if you start a swap count me in! I'd love to get one! Sometime's the fun isn't all in the giving Grin
oldprin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

oldprin
BunnyTuTu

Is it because I have a waffly nose?

View Profile
« Reply #108 on: November 10, 2007 05:54:11 AM »

holy cow!! This is fantastic Cheesy

I love how much thoght you put into it and the little things inside that mean something to you both!!

Makes me want to make my other half one now!! He loves making cookies too

x
THIS ROCKS   Logged
sushiholic
« Reply #109 on: November 10, 2007 10:02:37 AM »

im current in the process of making mine.. let me just say that it's pretty extreme. i wanted a big one because some presents are too big for the regular small calendar.
im giving the calendar to family friends so it's quite hard to tell them that I'M taking them to get the tree on so and so date... (does that makes sense)
and it's their gift so i'm working super hard on it!!!! syrofoam is sooo annoying!!!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 16 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Photography Lighting Techniques Part 2/2
Six Lies About Digital Photography
Photography Lighting Techniques Part 1/2
How to use a light meter
How to Work with Natural light
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Seed Packet Gifts
Cooking: Honey Month
September 19th - Talk Like a Pirate Day!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...