A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
News 05/06/14: Craftster has gone mobile!  Read the big news here!
Total Members: 297,702
Currently Running With Scissors:
699 Guests and 30 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Fergalicious dress  (Read 1188 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

xveganettex
« on: November 11, 2006 08:43:54 AM »

hey you all! so i was watching mtv while getting ready to go shopping...and fergies video feralicious came on...and i was admiring her dress! hahaha because i think its really cute...the first one thats red plaid and black....but im not sure how to go about making it? Huh i really suck at making triangle tops... Lips sealed they always look weird or the have like weird openings on the side?...hard to explain?...so anyways..should i use a material that has a little bit on stetch that way i dont have to pleat alot on the top part? and how should i make the bottom part? is that an a line?...or a half circle skirt with alot of lace/tulle under it?....help!  Huh

i couldnt find any pictures of it  Undecided but i found the video:

http://www.videocodezone.com/videos/f/fergie/fergalicious.html
THIS ROCKS   Logged
bellybcn
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2006 06:13:38 AM »

You mean "Fergie" as in Whatsername Fergusen??? You know, the dappy royal one? Hhahahaa, you're kidding if so- has she released a single or something?

*off to check out the video...*

Ok. I'm back.
Neither of the "sources" for the video on the link you posted worked for me Sad So, sorry, can't help much with the dress suggestions. Does anyone have a pic?

Must say, curiousity did get the better of me and I googled it.... its NOT Fergie-Fergie, right? Unless she's undergone some SERIOUS plastic surgery ;P

Good luck with your project!
« Last Edit: November 12, 2006 06:18:38 AM by bellybcn » THIS ROCKS   Logged

...Oh, the THINKS you can think up if you only try!

Camellia_Ruth
Hypnotised

Fuelling obsession that borders psychosis

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2006 06:27:21 AM »

LOL!!! Not the duchess of york Fergie, that did all the weight watcher commercials for the US. Tongue 

Also I couldn't get the link to work either... i'll have a look at the video on another site..... Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

You came in from the darkness and held the door open wide
You stood there like a vision before my unbelieving eyes
I believe in what I see and also what I hear
But did the night play tricks on me or were you really there.
xveganettex
« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2006 07:32:08 AM »

thanks you all! i didnt know it wasnt working i'll try and find another video...i even asked people on yahoo answers in they knew where i could find a picture of the dress or who made it..because the song is rather annoying..i have to put my speakers on mute just so i can try and figure out how to make it LOL Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged
xveganettex
« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2006 07:50:11 AM »

this ones from aol
http://video.yahoo.com/video/play?p=fergalicious&toggle=1&cop=mss&ei=UTF-8&b=1&oid=f3ffd4ce8d24fafc&rurl=music.aol.com&vdone=http%3A%2F%2Fvideo.yahoo.com%2Fsearch%2Fvideo%3Fp%3Dfergalicious%26toggle%3D1%26cop%3Dmss%26ei%3DUTF-8

heres one from mtv.com...the videos at the bottom of the page:
http://www.mtv.com/music/artist/fergie__4_/artist.jhtml

*edit*

forget a bunch of that!

i took pictures of my computer screen while the video was playing haha!!

« Last Edit: November 12, 2006 08:48:47 AM by xveganettex » THIS ROCKS   Logged
kirby_kurd
« Reply #5 on: November 12, 2006 09:26:08 AM »

i took pictures of my computer screen while the video was playing haha!!

Try a screenshot next time, it's much easier (just push the 'print screen' button on your keyboard, paste the image into paint or similar to crop and save) and usually the quality is better.  =)
THIS ROCKS   Logged
xveganettex
« Reply #6 on: November 12, 2006 09:28:31 AM »

yea i did try the screen shot but for some reason the video screen just showed up black  Undecided i  dunno if it was my computer being stupid or i did something wrong haha
THIS ROCKS   Logged
loveyalots92
« Reply #7 on: November 26, 2006 11:46:43 AM »

i tried to get some screen shots for ya.

i don't know how you would go about making this, but hopefully these pictures will help someone else be able to tell you!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Hollow Shel
« Reply #8 on: November 26, 2006 01:31:05 PM »

she's definitely not the Duchess of York but she DOES seem to play up the name similarity (her album appears to be named "Dutchess" (sic), etc.) and she was possibly nicknamed "Fergie" because others heard it used to refer to Sarah Ferguson first.
It's hard to be sure just looking at the few shots I saw (and I gave up trying to see the videos after two failures. The MTV site wouldn't show it cause I'm in Canada. Blah!) but it looks like a wide black band (velvet maybe?) for the high waistline, with a gathered skirt (rather than a circle skirt - the plaid pattern doesn't fall right to be a circle). I'd make the "waistband" first, then gather the skirt material onto it (2x or more the original measurement you use for the waistband - depends on the weight of the fabric you're gathering)

For the bodice,well, that's harder to be sure. Is it just a halter top, ie, backless with the two halves meeting behind her neck? If so, then I think what I'd suggest is marking on yourself where the top of the black waistband is supposed to fall (either with a cord tied around your chest or just making the dress up to that point and simply putting the skirt on.) Once you have that marked, I'd measure twice - once for the "neckline" and once for the outside of the bodice. that is, measure from the center front of the waistband, around the back of the neck, and back to the center front. Then measure from the point on the waistband that you want the outside of the bodice to meet up with, up around the back of the neck, then down to the matching point on the other side. While that might not be perfect, that should give you an idea of how long each side of each 'cup' should be to hopefully avoid the gapping that I think you were having problems with. (it looks like the dress itself is the only support she's wearing, so it's up to you how much if anything you want to gather onto the bodice to produce the "cups". If you're particularly full busted you might want a third measurement - center of each 'side', over the fullest part of the breast, behind the neck and down the other side again. Or just add an inch or two to the bottom middle of each side to make it have a little more fullness.)

I hope that made sense, if it didn't I can do some sketches for you if you want. Good luck!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I am not obsessive compulsive, I am not obsessive compulsive, I am not obsessive compulsive...

Bringing sexy back for a refund. It really just wasn't "me".
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Get Full Brows
Custom Velvet Eyelashes at the Douglas Hannant FW 2014 Show
How Can You Find Your Sexy Scent?
A Mother’s Day Gift of Youth
Get Marilyn Monroe’s Red Lip Look
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Manicure for Halloween
"Z" is for Zombie!
Meatless Monday: Honey Roasted Parsnip Soup

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...