A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you have an idea for improving the Craftster swap process?  Suggest and discuss it here on the Talk About The Swap Process board.
Total Members: 304,744
Currently Running With Scissors:
689 Guests and 26 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 41
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Boobholder/Minisweater (link to free pattern!)  (Read 78493 times)
Tags for this thread: shawl , wrap , shrug  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

wizkid
« Reply #210 on: May 26, 2005 03:59:45 PM »

Kathyruth- the purple is adorable and summery!

....must post pictures of mine....
THIS ROCKS   Logged

the blog: http://katiesredumbrella.blogspot.com/

the etsy: http://katiecanavan.etsy.com

ravelry: serafinapekkala
apandalee
« Reply #211 on: May 27, 2005 04:14:06 PM »

wow that is so cute!

im finished mine but am considering redoing the bottom because i think its just not quite right =( so i dont want to post until i love it! grrr.

also: whats the best way to attatch a button to knitting? do you just use regular thread and all? incase I actually ever find a button.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

mindlessoul
« Reply #212 on: May 28, 2005 08:36:05 PM »

so i started knitting the boobholder with some scrap acrylic, hoping and praying that i would have enough, since (stupid me) didn't keep the label and now can't buy it from walmart anymore. i think i got about 15 rows after seperating the sleeves and basically ran out of yarn Sad  totally not thinking that it would be long enough, i put the body on a piece of scrap and tried it on. lo and behold, it's actually long enough!

but...

the back gapes. the front fits fine, but the back is very very loose. is there any way i could make it more fitted through the back without having to rip back past the seperation of the sleeves? i was thinking of doing some K2tog's but have no idea where to place them as to be even and not look silly.

other than the back being too big, i absolutely love it! the yarn is so soft and squishy, mmm. so i'm really hoping that someone here will be able to help me adjust it so i can wear it and not look silly Smiley

thanks!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
lupinbunny

the bunny with the loops

View Profile WWW
« Reply #213 on: May 28, 2005 09:18:43 PM »

yup! i had the gaping problem to the max! (see my thread 'my boobholder. un-*sniffle*' for photographic proof)

it also contain my alterations, but in a brief rundown:
i ripped out two raglan increase rows.
once i was onto the body i decreased eleven stitches over a total of two knit rows: two under each armpit, three across the back in the firs row, one under each armpit, two across the back in the second row.

it just fits. probably could be a little smaller still.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

missjulie
« Reply #214 on: May 28, 2005 09:40:20 PM »

I just finished mine and my god, my sleeves are HUGE! I almost want to rip the thing apart. But I would hate to do that too.

I think its too big too, but apparently everyone I show it to thinks its cute. hopefully I'll get a photo of it soon.

I like the idea of ties, as the button isnt working for me. I want to try it again maybe de-poofing the sleeves and shortening the body (its long on me I think... not so much as a boobholder as it just sits there. blah)

Anyway... yeah.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Thats because youre a part of something larger. Like
being swallowed by something larger.

http://shinyshiny.wordpress.com
DeadRedhead
« Reply #215 on: May 30, 2005 09:05:16 PM »

I did kind of a test version of a boobholder with some burgundy Red Heart, and mine is too big just like most of you guys. Plus, I'm not a fan of the puffy sleeves. They're cute but they just don't work for me. (I'm 5'10" with big-ass shoulders, so puffy sleeves are far from flattering) So I've got to frog and then do some math to see how much I need to take off.
I'm kind of envisioning it kind of like the One Skein Wonder (<a href=http://glampyreknits.tripod.com/glampyrephotos/id97.html>http://glampyreknits.tripod.com/glampyrephotos/id97.html</a>), but with the garter, and closing in front. If that makes any sense.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
briteros
« Reply #216 on: June 02, 2005 04:39:07 PM »

thought i'd add mine to the mix now that i've actually had random people ask me if i've made it! i pointed one lady to glampyre's website so that she can make one too... it's boobholder madness!

i've also made a black one for a friend... it's on my blog. i still can't get the bottom to be tight enough, will try again when i make a green one for another buddy of mine!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

blogging away at purly brites

visit my etsy store! www.yarn-lust.com
vibegrrl
« Reply #217 on: June 02, 2005 09:46:11 PM »

I forgot to post a pic of mine... It's not the best, but it's all I got....

I crossed it over infront to make it tighter across the back, and then I secured the inside overlap with sewn-in snaps Smiley

I love it!!

-Lara
http://knit.vibegrrl.com
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Lulu Clyde

Making it in Brooklyn.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #218 on: June 02, 2005 11:10:09 PM »

Kathyruth and lara did you make a lot of modifications to de-puff the sleeves?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

kathyruth
« Reply #219 on: June 03, 2005 05:25:21 AM »

Lulu Clyde,  I couldn't match this gauge for anythig.  My knitted gauge was smaller than the patterns gauge.  I kept knitting away anyway!  That is why my sleeves are less puffy and why my back isn't too big ( like other knitters had a problem with).   Good luck and happy knitting!
« Last Edit: June 03, 2005 05:27:42 AM by kathyruth » THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 41 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Corinne Smith and Lisa Strick Talk About Learning Disabilities: A to Z
A. J. Jacobs Talks About Books
Kamran Pasha Reveals Where He Would Like to Be
Meet Author Kathleen McGowan
Suse MacDonald Talks About Shape By Shape
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Create a Spooky Yard
CrafTATstic Crafty Tattoos: Featured Artist Katrina Polacek
October 15, 2014 Featured Projects

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...