A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Fanatic Friends of Craftster now have the ability to disable ads on Craftster! Read more here.
Total Members: 303,095
Currently Running With Scissors:
402 Guests and 6 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 41
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Boobholder/Minisweater (link to free pattern!)  (Read 86268 times)
Tags for this thread: shawl , wrap , shrug  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
« Reply #40 on: January 20, 2005 01:12:25 PM »

I'm on row 9 right now  Grin The Make One process was not what I was thinking, pretty easy actually, and I'm doing it! This is my first "sweater" project and I hope it works..
Thank you all for helping me out, I'll be nagging you if I need to Wink

What does not kill you, only makes you stronger
« Reply #41 on: January 20, 2005 02:25:23 PM »

For those who are still confused about which parts are the sleeve parts...the first section on the needle (garter stitch until first increase) is the front of the sweater, the next section is the sleeve, the next (and biggest section) is the back, then you've got the other sleeve, and finally the other part of the front. Makes sense?

I'm sorry to bother you again.. But does this means that row 15, "Row 15, work increase row as normal, but increase five stitches evenly over both sleeve sections. ", the five sts go to the sleeve parts you mention, right?

« Reply #42 on: January 20, 2005 06:03:26 PM »

Yes.  You are correct.  You are knitting the "puffy" part of the sleeves.

« Reply #43 on: January 22, 2005 12:07:09 PM »

I'm trying to figure out part of the instructions for the minisweater/boobholder.  I think my body section is the right length, and I think I'm supposed to end with a section of five rows of garter stitch.  But the way Ms. Glampyre has inserted the "busty gals" instructions in the middle of the directions has sort of thrown me off. 

I knit until I like the length. I knit some garter stitch. I make a button hole (right after I buy a good button). And I finish off the garter stitch.  Correct?

Thanks y'all.

« Reply #44 on: January 22, 2005 02:55:58 PM »

Ah....  I think I puzzled this one out on my own. The text that says "For the Busty Gals" is a link to another part of the pattern.  I've been working from printed-out instructions, and this becomes quite mis-leading. 

It seems that Glampyre has re-worked her site, and I can't see all the instructions online....

I'm re-designing the sleeves, I don't think all those decreases under the arm look good on me.

« Reply #45 on: January 23, 2005 09:58:28 AM »

I finished my right now and I didn't make the 21 rows for the body, I knited until it suits me.
The sleeves I would prefered them to be less "puffy", but it's fine the way it is, I guess.
I'm very proud of it and I thank you Lisa for all of your help, and Helena too!

« Reply #46 on: January 24, 2005 03:52:58 PM »

im so glad im not the only one who had trouble and that everyone has been so helpful! i figured out what my particular goof was; i didn't understand the 'return to normal raglan increases' bit as this was my first raglan anything! i am now working up the strength to frog back to this part because right now i'm waaaay to puffy. like puffy ami yumi puffy! lol i hope everyone posts their finished items!

I'm not a llama anymore!

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: January 24, 2005 06:42:53 PM »

so if the "busty gals" instructions are for busty gals, and the regular pattern is for average sized gals, what should i call myself, who made the regular pattern and took out a couple inches worth of rows and still ended up with a too-big minisweater?! am i CONCAVE?! hehe. i guess that's what i get for deciding to work on a pattern that doesn't have any measurements.

i haven't put the button on yet, because i'm considering putting some ribbon around the bottom to act as sort of a drawstring. what do you ladies think? should i just put the button on and revel in my apparent small bustedness? (and here i always thought i was about average!) should i go for the ribbon to cinch it in a bit? should i give up altogether and give it to a friend who is more well-endowed than i?

here it is with some waste yarn acting in place of the possible ribbon:

and here it is without any addition help (how it will look if i just add the button):

see the gapping under my arm and in the back? any input would be greatly appreciated!

where are we going, and why am i in this handbasket?
« Reply #48 on: January 24, 2005 11:11:51 PM »

Hmmmm...is your yarn working out to the correct gauge?  13 stitches = 10 cm (or about 4 inches)  I think your sweater looks larger than the one I'm working on.

You might be able to get a better fit if you ripped back a few inches, and then worked the front increases every other purl row. 

I'm getting dangerously close to running out of yarn...and when I bought it, I understood that this was a one-of-a-kind dye lot.  Knit faster!  Knit faster!  Put the knitting in neutral and cost on the way downhill.  I feel like I'm trying not to run out of gas!

Miss Dottie
« Reply #49 on: January 25, 2005 11:23:31 AM »

Kabili, your comments had me laughing! Although it does look a bit big, don't fret--I'm sure some of the expert knitters here can help you out on it. I can't, but someone can!
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 41 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Make Spicy Sweet and Sour Mock Chicken Stir Fry
How to Make Vegetarian Kuay Diu Soup Part 1/2
How to Make Vegetarian Kuay Diu Soup Part 2/2
How to Make a Bean Sprout Stir Fry
How to Make a Traditional Curry
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Clever Containers for Cuttings
September 30, 2015 Featured Projects
Spotlight on: Spiral Veggies Recipes

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...

Follow Craftster...