A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
News 05/06/14: Craftster has gone mobile!  Read the big news here!
Total Members: 302,546
Currently Running With Scissors:
614 Guests and 14 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 41
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Boobholder/Minisweater (link to free pattern!)  (Read 75350 times)
Tags for this thread: shawl , wrap , shrug  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

karatepop
Housewife Extrordinaire!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #160 on: April 19, 2005 02:48:12 PM »

Aw! Thanks! I figured out how to do it on my own last night..

I would definately donate, but we're poor.. and I mean poor.  We've got $50.  Yep.  Ha ha.

I do have one question though:

It says to repeat rows 2 - 3,  6 times (13 rows total).. (I hadn't thought of this part.. hoorah!) my gauge is 14sts by 18 rows..

Would I have to do the math (multipy or divide some by 6? or the number of sts, whatever)?

I don't get it - I can make my own patterns, but when it comes to pre-made ones, I get all.. overthinky.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Choo Choo
apandalee
« Reply #161 on: April 19, 2005 05:46:42 PM »

Its me again!

Sorry for asking so many questions, but I'm just a little confused about the best way to get the sweater off the needles and onto the yarn so I can try it on. Do you just knit each piece with some selvage yarn? Or do you somehow thread it through? Threading seems like I would be in danger of dropping stitches, so how would I go about that?

Thanks for all your help everyone!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

kabili

I'm not a llama anymore!

View Profile
« Reply #162 on: April 19, 2005 06:34:29 PM »

i just thread the yarn through with the same kind of needle i use to sewing seams. i just do several stitches at a time. i haven't dropped any stitches. it never occurred to me to actually knit the stitches onto the waste yarn. let us know how it works if you decide to do that!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

where are we going, and why am i in this handbasket?
apandalee
« Reply #163 on: April 19, 2005 06:52:02 PM »

yea i think i'll prolly just thread it...now if i could only find my tapestry needle =(.

Sorry one more thing, Glampyre makes it sound like you are only using 3 pieces of waste yarn, cuz she says put the body on a piece of yarn and the two sleeves each on a piece of yarn. I thought you would need 5 pieces of yarn, for the frontish part, the sleeves, and the body. But then I don't really understand how this sweater works =(
THIS ROCKS   Logged

lizallen1011
« Reply #164 on: April 19, 2005 09:26:45 PM »

I finished mine yesterday and I'm really happy with the way it turned out. I'd definitely make another one...probably long sleeve. Here's a bad trying-to-take-a-picture-of-myself shot.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Roe
« Reply #165 on: April 20, 2005 08:35:01 AM »

very cute! what yarn did you use?

roe
THIS ROCKS   Logged

lizallen1011
« Reply #166 on: April 20, 2005 09:52:13 AM »

woops..i meant to put thatin my post. I used TLC Cotton Plus. I really like this yarn. Once washed, it's really soft.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
lisascenic
« Reply #167 on: April 20, 2005 10:32:57 AM »

Very nice!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

monstergirl
« Reply #168 on: April 20, 2005 03:11:30 PM »

Okay, now *I* have a question.

I'm knitting this up in Paton's Decor (75 acrylic/25 wool). Gauge on band says 20 sts = 4" on size 7 needles. Gauge is too...small. So I tried it out on Glampyre's recommended size 9 needles; gauge is now a little more than 4 sts/inch. Still too small, and with the stretchy-ness I'm expecting from this pattern, the knit is already too loose; I don't want to go up to size 10 or 10 1/2 needles and be swimming in this sweater.

Anyone else have gauge problems, and deal with them? I know I can cast on more sts than the pattern, and work it that way (and basically re-write the pattern for my yarn/needles), but I'm sure that someone else has a simpler way...

TIA!
peace
monstergirl
THIS ROCKS   Logged
livilovesolives
« Reply #169 on: April 20, 2005 03:31:33 PM »

I'm knitting this up in Paton's Decor (75 acrylic/25 wool). Gauge on band says 20 sts = 4" on size 7 needles. Gauge is too...small. So I tried it out on Glampyre's recommended size 9 needles; gauge is now a little more than 4 sts/inch. Still too small, and with the stretchy-ness I'm expecting from this pattern, the knit is already too loose; I don't want to go up to size 10 or 10 1/2 needles and be swimming in this sweater.

Anyone else have gauge problems, and deal with them? I know I can cast on more sts than the pattern, and work it that way (and basically re-write the pattern for my yarn/needles), but I'm sure that someone else has a simpler way...

Ha, I'm sure my gauge was WAY off the whole time I was making this. The patterns number of increases was going to make my sleeves monster sized, so I just quit when I felt they were big enough. Same thing with the body; just keep trying it on and decrease/increase accordingly.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 41 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Jeffrey Deaver Talks About The Burning Wire
Interpreting Character: Shakespeare
Amy Hill Hearth Talks About Strong Medicine Speaks
David O. Russell and Andrew Auseon Talk About Alienated
Will Bunch Offers Readers Some Words of Wisdom
Latest Blog Articles
DIY Summer
Craft Challenge 101 Announced - Stash Buster
July 8, 2014 Featured Projects

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...