A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: You can get cheap (and legal! Wink) advertising by donating a challenge prize! Go here for more info.
Total Members: 297,163
Currently Running With Scissors:
467 Guests and 11 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 55
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Christmas Stocking Swap 2  (Read 50369 times)
Tags for this thread: stocking  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Homerof2
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #190 on: November 22, 2006 06:35:22 PM »

Quote from: Jailin
Ohhhh... Sparkie, I just realized, those arent stitch markers! but I guess it can be lol  Its a lil hard to see but if you even it out and look it forms a turtle, its really just a fun lil turtle pin.

If you looked closely at the picture, you can see the turtle!  I love those kind of pins.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

GatorWrangler

View Profile WWW
« Reply #191 on: November 22, 2006 07:04:29 PM »

Ohhhh... Sparkie, I just realized, those arent stitch markers! but I guess it can be lol  Its a lil hard to see but if you even it out and look it forms a turtle, its really just a fun lil turtle pin.

And I recieved my package everyone! Everything rocks, i'll try to post pics once I find my camera cable!!!

aw, that's an awesome turtle pin! How dumb am I?!!  Here's a closeup of the pin.  Grin

and I wore the gator necklace to church tonight. Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

~Colleen

My Pinterest
Petunia0384
« Reply #192 on: November 22, 2006 07:04:36 PM »

I received an awesome swap package from princesakati today!  She spoiled me!  I'm feeling a bit of swap anxiety.  Undecided

I'll post pictures tomorrow, but some highlights included knitting needles, instructions, and yarn (I had mentioned that I wanted to learn to knit...I'm going to give it a whirl tonight), a beautiful embroidered pillowcase, and a spa kit!  I loved everything, and I'll get pictures up soon!

Oh, and good call on the UGA stuff, since I go to WVU, and I'm sure I don't have to remind you of last year's Sugar Bowl. Wink  That's why you only got 1 semi-local thing in your stocking. Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Shainna Smiley

"To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield." -Tennyson
princesakati
« Reply #193 on: November 22, 2006 07:21:56 PM »

Oh, and good call on the UGA stuff, since I go to WVU, and I'm sure I don't have to remind you of last year's Sugar Bowl. Wink  That's why you only got 1 semi-local thing in your stocking. Wink

BA HA HA!!!  yeah, I didn't think a red and black flag would go over really well!  it kinda sucks, all our souvenier type stuff is football related... Undecided  Well, I'm glad it got there so fast and I'm glad you like it!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

You've gotta sing louder if you want to stop war! -- Arlo Guthrie
Homerof2

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #194 on: November 23, 2006 11:13:22 AM »

I received a FANTASTIC package from krafty_kelly today!  Wow, it's like she knows me because everything she sent is so suited to me.

First, the stocking

And now the contents:

A bag (which used to be a placemat), a towel with a snowman applique and the largest pin cushion I have ever seen!

A felted bowl (designed to fit around a plastic container), 2 wonderful wrapped pens (1 is personalized with my name) and a cookie cutter (filled with jellybeans)

A caribou tufted keychain (many people where I grew up used to do this sort of artwork and so it brings back so many good memories for me - now when I'm talking about tufting and people give me a strange look, I can show them my keychain)

3 snowmen items that are going to find wonderful places during my winter and/or Christmas decorating season!

Last, but certainly not least, some candy made in Newfoundland (where Kelly is from) - peppermint and peanut butter (and are they yummy!)  and a cookbook which I know I will get lots of use from.

THANK YOU Kelly for all the wonderful things - I feel very spoiled and can't wait until you get your package!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Sarcastra
« Reply #195 on: November 23, 2006 01:02:31 PM »

Was craftster down this morning?  It kept timing out when I was hoping to post photos of all my cool stuff!

Here are most of the goodies in a smaller picture:

Click here for a larger version: http://www.too-lazy-to-be-evil.com/blog/blogphotos/2006-11-23-SwapBig.jpg

Ghostgirl and I tend towards a more gothy holdiay style, in case you were wondering.  She sent me a beautiful, handstitched patchwork stocking.  The patches are mostly velvet, which it is lined in as well.  At the top, leather laces the fur trim together and the ends have skull charms dangling from them.  The same skull design makes a jewelry set in the middle photo.  She also created this bad elf character just for me!  The votive holder has the elf molded to a plaque shaped to the glass.  Bad elf also appears on his own ornament next to his friend, the boozy smowman - I love these guys!

Not in the picture is a matching card and a CD of "Santaland Diaries" by David Sedaris, which I hope to listen to today while it is quiet at work.  Ghostgirl also included a bunch of candy, which couldn't be photographed due to the fact that is was strewn all over my house in various states of being devoured.  And of course, everything came packaged in red and silver (I'm going to have to find some of that) tissue which made unpacking fun.

Ghostgirl, I cannot believe you handstitched that whole beautiful stocking.  You did such a good job on it and I love it.  I love everything you sent, it is great.  Now I'm going to have to make a tree so I can put up those ornaments this winter.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

iloveoctopus
« Reply #196 on: November 23, 2006 01:20:03 PM »

i love that stocking, it's so neat! it looks like something i would just keep petting...i have a problem with things that feel soft, and silk ribbons, i pet them all the time ^_^

Cheesy turkey for the girls and turkey for the boys, my favorite kind of pants are corduroys  Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

SevsOnlyGirl

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #197 on: November 23, 2006 03:16:23 PM »

Homerof2 - krafty_kelly really did a wonderful job on your stocking and items!  They're beautiful!

Sarcastra - I adore that stocking!!  The bad elf is totally cute too.  I can't believe what a great job ghostgirl did on the stocking stitching. Shocked
THIS ROCKS   Logged
lafemmefatale

Can't be old n wise if you are never young n crazy

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #198 on: November 23, 2006 03:36:47 PM »

That is one gorgeous stocking!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

nix kisses
mischief maker

like butterflies in the Blitz

View Profile
« Reply #199 on: November 23, 2006 03:41:58 PM »

I'm madly in love with that bad elf illustration and the skull charms! Great job ghostgirl!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 55 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Additional Oil Painting Studio Accessories
How to Make Oil Painting Medium
Oil Paints and Pigments
How to Finish Up a Portrait Drawing
The Fibonacci Project
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: DIY Drum Light
Tute Tuesday: Fleece Puppy Bed
Matchbox Mania!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...