A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Craftster is for freely sharing how to make things! Don't post pics of things you sell in hopes of getting some sales or we'll have to bust out the LIMBO stick on you! Wink
Total Members: 305,733
Currently Running With Scissors:
610 Guests and 17 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Everquest II players I need your help!!  (Read 221 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

lady4feet
« on: November 08, 2006 08:01:21 PM »

Hello all I need your help...My Hubby plays Everquest II and I'd like to craft some X-mas gifts around that.
I know that when you go to your "camp-out" area that it gives you a list of your characters I know the characters that he uses on a regular basis (sorry don't know the names). What I was thinking of is printing out a picture of his regular characters and framing them. As Gamers would you appreciate this? Is there a way to do a freeze frame to capture a pic of his characters? I'm not to most computer literate person and I know next to nothing about Everquest. Can I get to this area without his knowing? I really want it to be a surprise. If you know of any other gifts (other then giving him stuff on the game) I'd be more then willing to learn.
**A little background info. Almost every room in the house I decorated, except for the kitchen and the den. The den is a little random but has a gamer/super-hero feel (he has all of his transformers in there). I want to print out and frame his characters from his game to go with the room**
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Hollow Shel
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2006 06:20:22 AM »

Sounds like the "portraits" might be neat! I don't know much about everquest but I can tell you how to do a screen capture, or at least how it works on my computer. (I'll try to explain everything just in case, so please don't be offended if I tell you things you already know.)
  • 1) Open up MS Paint FIRST. (On my computer I can find it by hitting "Start" > "all programs" > "Accessories" - it's in the accessories folder, labeled simply "Paint". You can use a more complex program if you have it but this works fine for just grabbing a screen capture.)
  • 2) open up everquest, and get the 'portrait' you want all set up.
  • 3) hit the "print screen" button (On my keyboard it's labeled "PrtScn")
  • 4) hit and hold down "alt" then hit the "tab" key, then release both. It will shift your 'active window' from Everquest to the MS Paint program.
  • 5) paste the image into the paint program. (either hold "Ctrl" while you hit the letter "v" or use the menu at the top of the Paint program)
Voila, one printable and saveable 'character portrait'!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I am not obsessive compulsive, I am not obsessive compulsive, I am not obsessive compulsive...

Bringing sexy back for a refund. It really just wasn't "me".
lady4feet
« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2006 07:51:32 AM »

Cool! Thanks a bunch, now to just get the computer when the Hubby isn't home.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Solorn

Doesn't play well with others

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2006 08:22:26 AM »

Very simple:)

Run EQ2 then it will ask you for his password. Once you put that in you can press the Play button and it will take you to his character selection screen. Then you just need to do the print screen shuffle as described above.

Character portraits are a nice idea as you put so much effort in to the flamin' things! I will admit to being an EQ2 player and also having a prototype Kerra pattern in the making..it's not my fault..I also have a froglock obsession:)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

xxcoandcaxx
« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2006 01:00:29 PM »

such a cute idea gotta do that for my bf
THIS ROCKS   Logged
AllStix
Get Your KNIT ON!

Handmade Knitting Needles -As Unique as you are!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: November 13, 2006 08:03:48 PM »

I'm sitting here looking at EQ right now sitting on my computer shelf. I bought the Titanium Edition and don't have time to play it anymore  Embarrassed
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Handmade Knitting Needles- as Unique as You Are!
www.allstix.com
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Make Pizza Quesadillas
How to Make Pizza Pinwheels
How to Make Mac and Cheese in a Rice Cooker
Savory French Toast BLT Recipe
Old-Fashioned Cheeseburgers
Latest Blog Articles
Handmade Gift Ideas: Sherlock Matchbox
@Home This Weekend: Bottlecap Magnets
Tute Tuesday: Dark Chocolate Bacon Pecan Pie

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...